Was there for a conference and the property itself is typical Westin in that it was impecably kept. Service was what I had expected it to be and would not hesitate to stay in the property at all. I just love the smell as soon as you enter the property and the fact that it is totally non-smoking.
- location is a distance from either O'Hare or Midway so you will need to take a cab. Make sure you choose a suburban taxi as opposed to a city taxi as the city taxicab will charge you 150% of the meter fare, as they're allowed to do. Not sure if the hotel can arrange a taxi pick-up for you, but if they can, then their agreed rate is $25 flat. If pick-up service is not available, then by all means use their service on your return taxi ride to the airport. This is the best deal. BTW, the taxi rate as posted at O'Hare shows $44 to Lombard.
- Internet access from the room is about $10 -- I can't remember if that is for the stay or a daily charge. All I know is that is $10 more than I want to spend since access is free in the lobby and there are 2 PCs with free internet available for use in their Business Centre. You can also print and photo-copy for free in their Business Centre.
- Local calls are not free and their phone rates are also expensive. Intra-state fees are $3 to connect then $.75/min while inter-state fees are $3.50 to connect and $1.25 per minute. I'm sure there are taxes on top of those fees. Even toll-free calls cost $2 to connect though you're allowed to speak for 60 min then there is a charge after the 60 min, which I forget. I don't remember seeing a pay phone, but I'm sure there is one somewhere so buy a phone card instead to use.
- Target is next door as well Yorktown Mall so this is a bonus for emergency sundries and requisite snacks or even bottled water because as you can well imagine how expensive that would be in your bar fridge.
- Their restaurants are fairly reasonable for hotel restaurants and do use the 15% discount card for one meal.
I wish I had a chance to use the health club, but I didn't have time, so I can't comment on that.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Lombard Yorktown Hotel
- Westin Lombard Yorktown Hotel Lombard
- Westin Lombard
- Lombard Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center is located near O'Hare Airport in the heart of the Lombard/Oak Brook business and shopping corridor, we blend style with the convenience of a full-service hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Westin Lombard Yorktown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.