“Elegant & Worth It!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bay Village, Ohio
“Elegant & Worth It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Superb mattress. Super clean room. Quiet. Excellent flat screen TV. Delightful shower. Coffee/tea in room. FREE amazing breakfast. Two excellent restaurants in house. My wife and I enjoyed two nights here. Very helpful and friendly staff. Very easy check in with multiple island stations.

Room Tip: We belong to their club, so we were given the free breakfaast.
Green Features: We appreciated their eco-program. As Sierra Club members, we like seeing businesses embrace eco-practices.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
WLYC, General Manager at Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Robin,

Your thoughtful comments are greatly appreciated. It is always rewarding to receive such praise about our property, but I particularly like to thank you for recognizing our associates as helpful and friendly.

We can’t wait to welcome you back.

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times but last week, my 1 night stay was made so much better because of one thing. The receptionist Kyle.

The hotel is clean, smart, well positioned and normally a pleasure to stay at. All you need is one excellent member of staff to make sure I return time and time again. If i have the chance, I will chose the Westin, just because of one staff members interest in my stay, my experience and who I am.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WLYC, General Manager at Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your kind comments. I especially enjoy knowing that Kyle made your stay much more memorable. Kyle will appreciate your recognition.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Lisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

hotel was great all the employees were nice from the valet to desk. they went out of ther way to make are stay good. the room was very niceand the bed was great. hotel had 2 nice places to dine and some very good bars to enjoy. can not wait to go back. i will let friends and family know how we were treated. thanks again

Dear Joe,

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure to note you enjoyed the hotel, found our associates to be helpful and were able to enjoy the area.

Word of mouth is the best marketing tool we can have and I thank you for your support.

We would love to welcome you back soon.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The view is nice because there are no other large buildings in the immediate area. I was surprised that I was able to see the Willis Tower out the window; I thought this was further from downtown than it actually is.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WLYC, General Manager at Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Zaphod,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your review. On clear days, the view is wonderful and can see the entire Chicago skyline.

Please come back and visit with us soon.

Lanark, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel has some very nice things going for it ... the restaurants, wonderful Westin beds and baths, etc. But this was a disappointing stay in a few important ways. First of all, when we got in the room, it was too cold. Checked the thermostat and saw that the room was 63 degrees which was due to the fact that the heat was actually turned off. When I turned it on, it first showed 69 degrees, then 67, then 65 then 63 again. I pressed the Up arrow, which I assumed was how to change/set the temperature but it did nothing. When I called down to the front desk to ask how to set the temperature, the woman said that I should turn the fan to High and that would make the room warmer and that it normally takes 15 minutes to get warm. It didn't make sense to me but I did as she suggested. After 30 minutes the room was still only 65 degrees. I called yet again and someone from maintenance came up. He was able to set it to 72 degrees and it eventually got warm. But apparently the thermostat may need a new battery because when I went to turn it down for the night and back up in the morning, it would take anywhere from 2 seconds to 60 seconds to respond to the button push. Frustrating and uncomfortable but quick maintenance response was appreciated. The only other disappointment was while there was in-room coffee maker and 3 coffee filter packs, there were no decaf packs. Since I drink only decaf, this was disappointing.

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your posting. I am pleased you found the restaurants, bed, bath, and maintenance response time to be wonderful. If any amenities are needed in your room, such as coffee, please call Service Express by dialing 0 from your room telephone and they will be happy to deliver the item to you right away.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were visiting family over Christmas and needed a nice hotel to stay in and I have to say the Westin was a great choice. I usually stay in Westin's when traveling for business as the properties always have the right amenities and consistently very good service. This property lived up to our expectations, the rooms were very clean, well appointed (everything still felt new), and the staff was very courteous and friendly. While the location could seem a bit odd since it's by the large movie theatre and mall, it actually was the perfect option for us while visiting family.
I would highly recommend.

Dear Craig,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of our property and staff. I was very happy to read we lived up to your expectations of the Westin brand.

We do hope to welcome you back during your next family visit.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Both me and my best friend had corner King rooms for the weekend and the view alone was worth the trip. Excellent staff, very attentive and accommodating. It was comfortable in the room at all times despite the horrible cold weather outside. The parking deck was well lit and felt safe. It snowed that Friday and by the time we got ready to go out they had the lot and side streets clear.

I'm only giving a 4 out of 5 because there was a rancid smell on level 2 of the garage. Stepping off the elevator it hit you right in the mouth....but we had such a great time in every other aspect I think we forgot to complain.

The restaurant served a mean Mimosa and the food was delicious. The waitstaff was on top of making a great experience.

I highly recommend this hotel. It's not close to the city but everything we wanted out of a Chicago experience. ..to include Giordano's Pizza was in shuttle range. Do it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!