“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Poolesville, Maryland
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel! I stay there every time I go to our headquarter's office which is in Chicago. The service is wonderful. I'm always met with smiles and warm greetings. The rooms are modern and always clean and comfortable. Plus, it smells so good. They seem to have the "heavenly scent" of white tea piped into the lobby and into every room. BTW you can purchase their bath products and lotions on line as well. Wonderful. Finally, if you want to go for a quick bite to eat, Harry Carry's is right down stairs and if you want a more relaxing meal, you can go to Holy Mackerels. Their Chocolate French Kiss Martini's are to die for. Its a wonderful experience. You should try it the next time you're in the Chicago Lombard area.

Room Tip: Top floors give you the better view...of course.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
marilgri, General Manager at Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sheila T,

Thank you for taking time the to write your glowing review of The Westin Lombard. I am extremely proud of our hotel and the fabulous service provided by our staff.

I truly appreciate your recommendations to future guests…a martini and chocolate, how can you go wrong? As you mentioned, the white tea scent is ‘heavenly’.

We thank you for your continued business; we could not succeed without you!

Be Well.

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Jose, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was holding a big surprise birthday bash for my Dad who lives nearby, and needed a place I could have several parties, house all my guests, have great food/atmosphere/service, great things to do nearby, and have an indoor pool. And this hotel had it all! We stayed in 3 rooms here (it's a long story why, but the choice was mine), from their standard room, to the Presidential Suite, to the suite just below the Presidential (Governer's suite, maybe?). The standard room was great, roomy, comfortable beds. We stayed on same floor as pool, which was a great idea because it made it very easy to run over and take a dip, with and without the kids. The Presidential suite was absolutely fantastic. I've been in nicer/fancier rooms in Vegas so it's not high quality or anything, but wonderful layout and has all the amenities. We were on the 16th floor and the HUGE wrap-around balcony with a view of downtown Chicago was to die for. I catered a party in the suite at night and again the next morning with a champagne brunch. We had 30-35 people in there and it worked out wonderfully. The weather got a little cold (it was end/Oct) but we were still able to eat outside on balcony too because of how the building blocked the wind but provided full sunshine. I had a catered party in one of the banquet rooms as well for 55 people, and the food and service was again fantastic. The bar downstairs was great (great food, service, drinks, and lots of TV's to satisfy the sports fanatics in our group). The concierge floor breakfast room (I forgot what it's called) had a very simple breakfast, but was on one of the top floors so the atmosphere was just amazing, especially since the Westin is the tallest building in the area so you really can see it all.

On the negative side (at least for my family), they allow dogs here. Thank goodness I never heard any barking, and I never saw any pet hair. But they don't have any pet-free rooms (all rooms can have a dog in them at any time). My husband & daughter are allergic to cats, but they both had an allergic reaction in our last 2 nights there (when we were in our 3rd room; no reaction in the standard room or Presidential Suite). So were they allergic to a certain type of pet? Did someone slip in a cat? I have no idea. The front desk was very helpful and had the room power-cleaned one more time in hopes that would help, and had all the bedding changed again. But my daughter slept on the pull-out couch and I'm sure that's not really getting cleaned. They offered to change our rooms, but it would have been a downgrade and we were hoping that they'd be able to solve the problem with the power cleaning. No such luck but they did try.

So final analysis? I'd recommend this place over and over, especially if trying to accommodate a large group. Plus it's right next door (walking distance) to Target and Yorktown Mall so everything is nearby. I personally won't be able to stay here again because of the pet situation. That is the only reason I'm giving it a 4 star instead of 5. If they had some rooms blocked off as being pet-free, it would get 5 stars for sure.

Room Tip: If you have kids, stay on the same floor as the pool. Or stay on the concierge floor so you can get...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WLYC, General Manager at Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Nicki B,

Thank you for the detailed review of the hotel - from the convenient location, pool area, atmosphere, service and fantastic views visible from the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the discomfort of your family members. For future visits with us, please let us know in advance of their allergies and we can do an extensive cleaning for allergens prior to your arrival.

I hope you have the opportunity to come back again in the future.

Mike Feigenbaum
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stay at this hotel all of the time. Great stay and wonderful service. This hotel is located next to a great mall and other shops. On site dining and the food is very good. The indoor pool and hot tub add an extra touch. The beds sleep very comfortably and the rooms are clean. This hotel is a great place to stay with your girlfriends for a weekend getaway or with family. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Felicia L,

Thank you for the wonderful review of the hotel – from our Heavenly Beds which are extremely comfortable, to the pool and hot tub which are tremendously refreshing.

During your next visit with us take advantage of our dry sauna, which is located in the pool area. Our location, which is on the outside perimeter of the Yorktown Mall and minutes away from the Oak Brook Mall, makes it ideal for shoppers.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us in the future.

Mike Feigenbaum
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife enjoyed a lovely evening at this beautiful hotel for a little romantic getaway. The room was incredible with very large windows that looked out over the shopping center (ok, not the greatest thing to look at, but it was still nice). The heavenly bed and shower is extremely relaxing and comfortable. Lots of great TV channels and pay per view choices. Starbucks coffee and fridge in the room (mini-bar). Plenty of outlets and lights. Spacious room. Our only complaint was my wife said she could hear the neighbor get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom -- so walls a little thin I'd say. But I didn't notice - apparently too sound asleep. The pool and whirlpool area are very nice, as is the workout club. Location is great -- right in the middle of the shopping center. You can walk to the AMC cineplex.

Room Tip: 544 was a good end room with nice views and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, for business, at the Westin. The service was attentive and responsive. The room was fantastic, clean and well appointed. The fitness center and pool was better than most (by leaps and bounds) for the hotel class. I did not find the hotel too noisy or the guests too wild. I really enjoyed the shuttle that would run us over to a restaurant when the weather was bad. Great place. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The king suite is a corner room with 2 walls of windows! A beautiful, exceedingly spacious room with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed in the Westin Lombard to attend the "Doctor Who" convention, Chicago TARDIS. Overall our stay was excellent - the front desk provided stellar service, the rooms were inviting if a tad small for the two-bed layout, and the showers with their double nozzles were heavenly. Our only issue with the hotel itself was that if one needed extra bath supplies, one either had to stand and wait for the housekeeper to go get them or call the front desk; the one time I asked a housekeeper in passing and went on, we never got what we asked for.

The exercise facilities are very good and the convention areas themselves are nice. It is convenient to a large shopping area with many restaurants to choose from. The only issues we consistently had involved the speed, service and available products with the restaurant area. Service was slow and given the convention facilities, they should just bite the bullet and install a Starbucks or Caribou - the grab-and-go bar desperately needed a hot chocolate option for us non-coffee people.

We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms numbered in the 30s on each floor if you expect to be part of a convention situat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Copper Country, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I think a third review is in order because this hotel just gets better and better. I come here once a year for a conference and this hotel continues to exceed my expectations. The hotel is holding up well, the common areas and convention rooms are in great shape. The staff continues to be accommodating and friendly. Especially the shuttle drivers. The shuttle is a nice service. They'll take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel for free.

The room is in a contemporary style that looks upscale. The bed is comfortable and inviting. They had free bottled water, which is a rarity in hotels now. The room was very clean and well cared for. Also, the paint and color scheme makes the rooms seem very airy and bright. They don't have a Gideon's bible in the room. It's nice to see hotels stopping that practice.

They have a great gym. Plenty of high quality equipment. I only used the treadmills, but they are the nice ones.

My one complaint is that room service and mini-bar prices are high with added fees. You'd have to walk across the parking lot to the Yorktown mall and go to Egg Harbor for breakfast if you didn't want to pay their room service prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!