“Gorgeous hotel and excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago Suburbs, IL
“Gorgeous hotel and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

When my husband and I walked into the hotel lobby, we were just blown away at how beautiful it was. Very colorful and bright, with a large "waterfall" taking up one entire wall. Check-in was smooth and quick, we were on our way to our room in just minutes. Everyone was so professional and helpful at this hotel. We stayed in a king suite. The room included: the heavenly bed (and was it oh-so-heavenly indeed) it had 5 pillows and a down comforter, 32" plasma TV with a VERY large variety of cable channels including HBO, a desk and chair, an extra table and chair, 1 large dresser, 2 night tables, a full-length mirror as well as a mirror over the desk, a bathrobe, iron and ironing board, refrigerator with mini bar (stocked full with SEVERAL types of hard liquor, 4 types of beer, juice, water, and a variety of snacks such as M&M's, nuts, granola bar, gummy bears, etc. all for purchase), a safe, a corkscrew and 2 wine glasses, ice bucket and coffee maker with Starbucks coffee. The bathroom was HUGE and included the heavenly shower (incredible), large bathtub and plenty of towels, a "real" hair dryer (not the ones that are attached to the wall, but a good strong hair dryer), marble flooring and the usual shampoo/conditioner/soap. We did not like the smell of the shampoo and conditioner (it was sort of a pine scent) but it did work very well and didn't dry out my hair. I booked the "indulgence" package which included sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room and breakfast via room service the next day. The breakfast from room service was OUTSTANDING and so fresh! I never wanted to leave, I swear this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Anything we needed, if we just called the front desk they took care of everything. We also ate at Harry Caray's steak restaurant downstairs and we were blown away at how delicious everything was. I recommend eating at this restaurant if you stay at the Westin. Overall, a great experience! I have uploaded several pictures including: the mini bar and stocked refrigerator, heavenly shower, bathroom, bed and strawberries/sparkling wine we received with the indulgence package.

• Liked — Everything for the price!
  • Disliked — Nothing, this was the best hotel experience we have had in a long time.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
lexus5
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Nice entrance and lobby area.
When my wife and I checked into our rm I pulled the bed spread off to find pubic hairs on the sheets. Called down to front desk and they stated they would have housekeeping come up to change the sheets. Then asked if I just checked in and I replied yes. Front desk stated they would change our rm. Took 1/2 hour for bellmen to come up with new keys. Called down to ask why is this taking long and front desk stated we dont know where he is at and we are short staffed. I replied stated not my problem we need to have our rm changed so we can leave. Later that night we ate dinner at Harry Carey's and the food was terrible. We ordered pasta with a vodka sauce and didnt have any taste very bland. When we went to bed the bed was very uncomfortable and pillows very lumpy. Woke up during night and cut my foot on ottamen. Called down to front desk to ask for band-aid they stated they didnt have any and hung up. All Hotels that I have stayed at before has a first aid kit. It is a hotel standard to have this. Room and hotel isnt what we thought it would be. For what we paid for I thought the rm's would have been nicer with more amenities.

• Liked — water fall in lobby
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

This was my first time in the Chicago area and I was traveling to Oakbrook for work. The hotel was beautiful and check-in was quick and efficient. The bell staff got our party up to our rooms and settled. After meetings all day and a working dinner, the bed was heavenly. i slept wonderfully. The bathroom was was well appointed. The larger subway tile in the tub/shower area was a nice touch. On each of our trips the bell staff and van drivers were more than hospitable and made our stay a pleasure.

Stayed December 2007
Staffordshire England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Stayed here for 5 nights with the family. Attending a wedding nearby. Grandparents also stayed for 3 nights. Had a suite which was well appointed, two bathrooms, wrapround terrace, 2 latge tv's, two bathrooms, kitchen area. All obviously new. The bed as ever at Westin was truly heavenly. Front of house, cleaning and restaurant staff all very friendly and helpful - concierge and doorman particularly. Tried both restaurants in the hotel for breakfast, lunch and dinner - all meals OK to good. Swimming pool still not working which was a pity. Location uninspiring unless you are wanting the nearby mall but suited our requirements. Stayed in westin's around the globe and this will be up to their standards with just a little more training.

• Liked — Westin standards
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Lombard, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

The new slogan of the Westin Hotel Yorktown, Il. is to come and relax, unwind and enjoy. I was excited to experience this last weekend when my husband and I checked in the Westin Yorktown. It was a snowy night, accumulations near an inch an hour.
My friend and I planned to meet our husbands at the hotel after work. Both arriving separately, the hotel bell hop loaded bags and escorted my friend and I quickly and efficiently to our room. It was a beautiful snowy view. Our evening quickly became an evening you couldn't imagine.
Getting ready that evening, to see friends at a holiday work party, our room was visited by hotel security explaining that if there was any smoking in the rooms there was a $200.00 charge. My husband surprisingly stated he understood and it was left as that.
Later in the evening, several work friends gathered in our room for drinks and late night appitizers. Our room was visited by loud pounding on the door. Hotel security proceeded to inappropriately talk with us and our guests. As my husband and i were shocked and realized there was no cooperation on the hotel employee's part, we suggested to our guests that they go on their way.
With no warning, no complaints of loudness by other guests, no visits by hotel my husband and i were also told to leave the hotel. After some dispute and discussion, hotel management stated they did not care if we had been drinking during the evening, that we had to leave. My husband and I were told that the Westin did not care where we went, just that we had to go. We got late night transportation, in a now storm, to another location.

**I will say that I did not come close to relaxing, unwinding or enjoying my stay at the Westin Yorktown, Il. Being a new hotel it is unfortunate.**

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
Maplewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

This is a very nice new Westin property with all the usual things one would expect from such a hotel: well-designed lobby, friendly front desk staff, great bed, etc. Nothing negative at all about the rooms except maybe that in a new-build, business-oriented hotel they should probably do away with the bathtub and put in a large walk-in shower instead.

Had a very nice dinner at Harry Caray's (service was excellent and they have a terrific single malt scotch selection). Breakfast at Holy Mackerel was good, as well (ask to be seated next to the water wall).

My complaints about this property are my usual beefs with Starwood:

1. I made four calls to my company's toll-free number and was charged $2.27 per call (includes tax). I asked the front desk to remove these charges and they refused to do so. Simply egregious. Toll-free indeed.

2. When is Starwood going to stop charging for internet access? Other, lesser chains have already done so, and I really resent this charge. I feel that it is a hidden, de facto rate increase, and the hotel is being inherently dishonest in charging this while most hotels outside the US do not charge for web access.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Providence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

This is an excellent hotel as one would expect after being open only 4 weeks. My 5 pillow King bed corner room (Platinum Upgrade) was spacious, had large windows, that could be partially opened, that wrapped around the room and carried into the expceptionally large bathroom. Shower was 4'x6' (No tub) and had two shower heads. Room amenities: Stabucks coffee, flat panel tv and lighted remote, wireless for a fee. A nice concierge lounge (Platinum Comp) is located on the 18th floor. 5 elevators service the 18 story hotel. Area felt safe day and night. Door man present outside at night. Parking free and plenty available. Located west of Oak Brook (5-10 min. drive) and near I-355 & I-88. Capital Grille (One of my favorites) and other restaurants close by.

With regards to previous comments on service one should expect these types of issues over the next 6 to 9 months as the hotel staff begins to settle into their new positions. Rates under 150 can sometimes be found using AAA or under hotel offers on the spg.com website.

If you have an issue with the quality of this hotel, I'm not sure anyone can please you. ttz

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!