“What a great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Glenwood, Iowa
“What a great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was able to get a great deal on the Westin Lombad from Priceline by naming my own price. This property was more than I could have ever asked for. We seemed to be in the minority of guests with kids in tow, but it didn't seem to matter. The front desk staff was incredibly friendly, the lobby was beautiful, the rooms were accommodating and comfortable, and the pool was never busy. The Westin Lombard made a great start to our vacation and I would love to stay there again in the future. It's not often that you find a gem of a hotel like this...I'm sold!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

For the price of the hotel rooms I would certainly expect better. The housekeeping staff wanted to clean my room before I was ready for them- and gave me some attitude. The bed was not made up very nicely after that even though they sure took the tipI left for them. Plastic drinking cups really - are you Motel 6?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here last week for two days for a conference that was held at the hotel. It's a very nice property in a shopping complex, so there's lots of parking lot and pavement around. Free parking which makes it very nice. If you're flying into O'hare to stay here do some research on your transportation. A friend of mine coming to the conference had to pay $81 for a taxi. I rented a car which was much cheaper. They also recommend an airport limo service that is much cheaper. Call the hotel and ask them about how to get there from the airport and don't take a cab $81 is crazy for a 20 minute drive.

I was a bit dissapointed in having to pay for the wifi, that's kind of balanced by the free parking. There are two restaurants on site, a pub and a seafood place and some decent stuff within a short trip of the hotel. They offer a free shuttle which is great. It will drop you at restaurants or the train so that you can get into Chicago without having to drive in.

My room was great, the bed is heavenly as you'd expect as was the shower. I think this was the first time I've had a heavenly shower but with it's dual shower heads it was a real pleasure. The staff at the hotel was very pleasant.

Room Tip: I was in 342 and loved it. In looking at the fireplan of the floor it's the only room that isn...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the past few years and can say it is a very consistent good choice for the area. While not exceptional in any area I rarely have had any complaints. The check-in staff is always polite if not very informative, the rooms are clean if starting to show some wear, the work-out and pool area is pleasant and finally the restaurants are of good quality if a bit expensive. The only consistent draw back I have experienced is it seems to be a popular convention/conference destination so it can be very busy at times. Still the best choice in the area in my opinion.

Room Tip: higher floor is better since depending on the side of the hotel you are on you may hear some restaur...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Petoskey, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here July 19-22, 2012 for a medical convention. There were something like 1200 people at the convention but the hotel never felt 'crowded'. The lobby is beautiful with a waterfall wall and nice places to sit. The rooms were clean and spacious, the heavenly beds and showers were...heavenly! I didn't hear any hallway noise and the temperatures in the room were always where we wanted them to be. The meeting rooms were great and everything seemed very well maintained. The pool is a huge olympic style pool which was kept pretty cold. There is a small hot tub and small sauna-the sauna never seemed to get hot. There was nice workout room and the hotel offers workout gear if you want-I didn't use the workout facility. The hotel is located across the driveway from Yorktown Center mall so there are a lot of restaurant and shopping opportunities. Next door is a Super-Target which is nice if you want to grab some sandwich fixings, fruit, and drinks like we did. There are two restauarants in the hotel, a seafood place and a steak place both of which looked and smelled good but they were a little out of our price range for this trip so we didn't eat there. I think the only complaint I have with the hotel is that they have extra charges to get internet, I think it was something like $10/day. I can get free internet at a cheapo motel but not here? Doesn't seem right. We did find out that if you sit in the lobby, you can get free wi-fi....of course we didn't know that until the last day of our stay! We drove into Chicago from here and it wasn't a bad drive, about 45-60 minutes depending on the traffic. There are at least two metra stations within 5 miles of each other, Lombard station and Downer's Grove. The hotel also has a 24 hour free shuttle bus that will take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel-I thought that was really nice although we didn't use it as we drove. I would definitely stay here again and probably will if the conference is at the same location next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The front desk staff were unprofessional and did not offer any information-even the basic "location of the elevator". entered our room and opened the drapes to our surprise a table of people having drinks 4ft. from our window, playing loud music. We asked for a room change and was offered no apology ( from the same clerk). We relocated to a new room, it was basic- not too clean (stains on the comforter), showing signs of wear and tear, and certainly not Westin like. This property needs updating and to earn the 200.00+ a night we paid. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are where the pool and pool deck is located. Noisy and people right outside your win...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Westin Lombard Yorktown Center on July 19th - July 22nd and were pleased with our stay. Upon check-in we decided to extend out stay for a second night since we were there for a medical convention and had to drive to Indianapolis the day after the convention ended. They were very accommodating and added a night to our stay. They lobby area is very nice and my fiancé loved the scent of it and wished our room smelled that nice. The rooms were pretty standard with modern furniture and appliances. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me, and the housekeeping was there everyday during our short stay. Usually when we go to the annual medical convention we stay someplace cheaper, but we will definitely stay here again next year (and bring our swim suits so we can take advantage of the pool). We were on the 14th floor and I dreaded the elevator ride while it stopped at all the floors in between to let people on and off, but that was seriously the fastest elevator I've rver been on so it wasn't a problem at all. The only issue we had was 3 out of the 4 of us were allergic to something in the room and woke up every morning with terrible sneezing and stuffy noses. As soon as we left the room it cleared up.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!