“Will never go back” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Grace St.
Transit: They are all around our restaurants
Chicago, Illinois
“Will never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

On February 9,2013, I took my husband here for his birthday and I had to take him out 2 weeks later to make up for the horrible experience: We had seen the place when it first opened, not too many cars in the lot, so we figured we would give it some time to work out the kinks.We called ahead to find out how long the wait was and was told about 10 mins. Ok, no problem with that, it was a sturaday night. We got there and the girl at the desk asked if we had reservations, we didn't so she told us to wait at the bar. It was cold and was being heated by a portable patio heater. We sat at the bar and ordered hurricanes. We sholud have known that it was going to be a bad night when we saw the female bartender (not our bartender) using a list on how to make the drinks. We got our drinks in what I thought were frosted glasses. We were seated quickly and after we went to the table, realized that my glass was frosted but had a dirty film on the inside. Of course, I had to stop drinking. The server gave us our menus and told us what the specials were. For starters, I had fried green tomatoes that tasted like they were dipped in vinegar and my husband had the gumbo (missing some meat). For entrees, I ordered the fried seafood platter and my husband got the tilapia. My entree was the worst food I have ever had in a restaurant. It should have been called "fried Mushy batter platter" The shrimps were like rubber and the other seafood was unrecognizable and tasted as if it was last week unrefrigerated food.
I had to call the server and asked her to take it back and give me something else. The tilapia was not bad but the grits and beans were very salty. I asked for the tilapia but after walking to the kitchen, back to the bar area, back to my table to ask me if I was sure she couldn't have them redo the platter, this time doing it better,then back to the kitchen and then again to my table, all the while carrying the platter, she told me that they could not give me the tilapia. I should have left at that point, but I was hungry, so I aske her for the jambalaya. Wasnt much better. I noticed that there were several tables aroung me that the patrons looked very unhappy with their foods. We will never go back there and will never recommend this rest. to anyone

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Below our expectations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our dinner last night was disappointing! We were a group of 6 diners & were really looking forward to eating at your restaurant from a friend's recommendation. The fried green tomatoes were great tasting but expensive, the stuffed oysters were small, but okay. Our meal took a really long time to be served.The ribs were good as well as the mashed sweet potatoes. The seafood platter was huge, & oyster po-boy was good. However, the 2 orders of scallops were very over cooked and rubbery, the soft shell crab tasted odd/off, the dessert beignets were slightly undercooked. My daughter treated us all to dinner for a Christmas present and I feel her money was NOT well spent! :(

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lombard, Illinois
“Unbelievably bad.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

New low in an eating experience (Not dinning by any means). Start to finish frankly sucked. Place was fairly empty but still sat for 10 mins with not a single nod and had to ask a passing employee if we had a server. Five minutes later a girl came by, took our drink order and f'ed it up out of the box. While we were still working on a very bland appetizer the main course was set down on edge of table like an abandoned stepchild. Warm bottle of Chardonnay was dropped off half way through main course and then left on the table. Seriously, TGIF will put that s on ice. Order of sweet potato hash never came, (frankly saved me $8) but was still on the check. While waiting for our check, watched a bus person put silverware on a chair while he set a table. Sure, my butt is sterile but I can't vouch for the couple over in booth seven. Now I know why Groupon stock is tankin.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“Quite Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ate here after buying a discount coupon. Seems all diners had some for of groupon or similar coupon. Food was mediocre and service was pathetic. I love New Orleans cooking, but this food was below Red Lobster. It took 40 minutes for the server to correct a mistake she had made to our bill.

Prices were way out of line for quality of the food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“We will never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We were on time. Staff was overworked/ confused. Menus were dirty , and most items were unavailable. We asked for available items and ordered. Half-hour later, they said that they were now out of both our items. We re-ordered.
finally, an hour after we cane, food arrived. Food was awful, but they refused to correct or credit it. We paid, tipped, and left. We'll never go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere