“Better than expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tulsa
“Better than expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I booked this hotel just from reviews online so when I arrived I was somewhat skeptical because it appears to be in need of major updating. It certainly is not the fanciest place I have ever stayed but it was very clean and the staff we super nice. We stayed here because we could rent a two bedroom suite for the price of a studio anywhere else. We stayed there for 5 days and in the end it was definitely worth it. There is a Target literally right next door and a mall with lots of eating choices right behind it. It was easy to get in to Chicago and right near the highway. There was also a decent continental breakfast each morning. I would recommend this hotel but with the caveat to not expect the Ritz.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are great!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel at least 3 times. I frequent Lombard so this is the place of choice. There are two buildings and I have stayed in both. I believe that the building across from the check-in office is the better of the two, as the main building is a little outdated. The rooms were clean and the place was fairly quite. Housekeeping does a good job at keeping the room clean, especially the kitchenette. On a few occasions I thought that the daily rate was a little high because it is a tad bit outdated. Perhaps they can charge the higher right if you are staying in building B, but definitely not the main building. The breakfast was okay, but I was impressed with the staff, as they helped me prepare a breakfast tray to take to my room for my husband and I. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Again, the rooms in the building opposite the building where the check in desk is located are the be...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark P, Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future and take the corrective steps to improve our hotel condition and amenities
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a great Hotel. The manager Mark was top notch and made us feel at home. The housekeeping staff was beyond fantastic. They went above and beyound. I would recomend this Hotel to anyone. The rooms are spacious and with the full kitchen it makes staying their like being at home. We spend 45 weeks a year on the road so it's nice to have a place like this where we can cook our own meals. The only complaint that I have is that they do not offer smoking room which means that all of the smokers, and there seemed to do many wander the parking lot all day and night.

Room Tip: The back building is much quieter than the front one.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ventura, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed in the annex building and it was very quiet and clean. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Only real complaint was the breakfast and the wi-fi. Breakfast was very sparse for that quality of hotel. No hot food except for oatmeal which was not very good. Coffee in the room was terrible. We ran it through twice with all three packets just to make it palatable. Wi-fi worked fine but every time I logged on I needed to go through the connect process again. I would stay there again but would make sure I had my own coffee!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mark P, Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience with the TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard. I apologize that your recent stay was just ok and did not exceed your expectations.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future regarding the internet, and we are currently working on enhancing our continental breakfast.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me by calling the hotel directly. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We attended a confernce at a nearby hotel but stayed here so I could use Marriott points. The hotel is clean. We stayed in bldg B. The hallway smelled like tobacco smoke. The room was okay except for the heating which was super noisy. The breakfast is very basic. Coffee was good. The front desk staff was really friendly and helpful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard. I apologize though that your stay was not up to the standards you had expected. Our top priority is to make sure your stay is pleasant. Again please accept my apology.

I have purchased 7500 Marriott Rewards points to be credited directly to your account so that you know I do take your comments very seriously. In addition, attention has already been given to some of the items you mentioned to insure they do not happen again.

If your travels bring you back to the Lombard area again, I hope you will consider giving us another try. We'd love to see you again!
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our party of 4 adults stayed for 2 nights in two rooms (2 BR suite and nearby studio) for a family function. This place is nice as it was when it was new. Everybody slept well; everything worked on the property. We used the laundry room and to some extent the kitchen. Staff was polite and knowledgeable; other guests also polite. The ample parking lot was cleared of snow. The property is adjacent (walkable) to a Target (groceries) right by Yorktown Mall, and the Greek Islands (excellent restaurant). The Internet worked well and the price was very reasonable. We had originally intended to only get the 2BR and use the fold-out couch as a bed for one adult, but that would have felt cramped. Because the prices are so reasonable, we got the additional studio which made the bathroom traffic more pleasant for everybody. I'll definitely stay here next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Triad, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I prefer Marriott properties and lodged here while attending a conference at the hotel across the adjoining parking lot. Staff were courteous and responsive. My room was clean, with adequate space to work or just lay around and 'tune out' with the television.

The morning breakfast was a little sparse, with only hard boiled eggs for the morning protein choice. The juice dispenser was not working and no alternative was offered. And while we're on food, the morning I dipped into the oat meal bucket. it was a little gummy. Albeit, I was there at the end of the breakfast period, but no excuse for ths quality.

The price was fair for the location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard? Share your experiences!