“Conveniently located with a friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Tampa, Florida
“Conveniently located with a friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work. Since I travel along most of the time it’s nice to be greeted by a friendly & helpful staff. The staff was very helpful with recommendations on restaurants and there certainly was plenty of shopping in the area for any down time I had. The rooms were very clean & house-keeping was great. I definitely enjoyed the wireless internet in the guest rooms. If I’m ever in the area I would certainly stay at this hotel again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites in Lombard, Illinois.

I am so excited that the staff was helpful in acclimating you to the area. Lombard and the surrounding area is always changing and adding new shopping and restaurants!

Glad to hear you'd choose us again for a future stay. We're always excited to welcome back our former guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I arrived late from the airport and my bag had been lost by the airline. The staff was more than happy to assist me with my needs for the night and delivered my bag to the room as soon as it was delivered to the hotel. In addition to the lovely room, the service was beyond expectations!

• Stayed July 2013
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard.

We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay!

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, you will again choose TownePlace Suites!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a few nights. The staff was courteous and helpful, the hotel was clean with great (and complimentary) breakfast and the location was central to shopping, dining and our extended family's home. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard!

We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay!

I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, you will again choose TownePlace Suites. We'd love to see you again!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was here on business a few weeks ago. i found the Towne Place Suites to be a great place with great staff and clean and welcoming rooms. I would definetly be happy to stay again, if i found myself in Lombard again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard.

I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will be upgrading our breakfast at TownePlace Suites around the first of the year 2014 and will have some healthier choices to offer our guests.

We are excited to have the wireless internet in all of our guests rooms so our guests can work efficiently from the comfort of their own suite.

We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Lakewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

It's my first time ever to stay in a TownePlace Suites Property type lodging and honestly was quite apprehensive and did not have high expectations. I chose this over a full service property due to a longer stay and needed a kitchen, laundry room, etc. Stayed for 5 days and very happy with my experience at this hotel for the following:
Safety- a card key is needed to enter the building. Parking is right in front of the rooms/building and was well lit even at night. This is important for me as a solo traveller.
Convenience- The Target next door is a short walk, the Yorktown shopping Center around the block and numerous dining places in the corner. My rate came with free breakfast (waffles, fruits, and pastries) but did not use it since I have a kitchen in my suite and would rather make my own breakfast,
Friendly Staff- Front desk staff so pleasant and friendly. I noticed a number of Service Awards on the wall and it is definitely consistent with the service I received. They were very helpful with providing dining recommendations, coins for laundry, etc. The house keeper was so sweet and thoughtful with amenities ( I asked for extra soap and she gave me the whole package-lotion, shampoo,, TP, etc.). She told me I may need it later and better to have it than ran out. There was also a BBQ in the backyard for the guest to partake one evening which I thought was a nice gesture.
Comfort- The 1 BR suite is just perfect for me. Although I saw some rooms with a "Pet" inside door hanger posted, it was very quiet at night and quality of sleep was great. The work desk is huge and there are a lot of space to put my belongings-closet, cabinets, shelf cubbies and drawers.
The only other comment is that the AC can get very cold and I was not able to master the thermostat. However, the windows can be slightly opened and that helped me with temperature control. The internet connection was a bit slow during the day and was intermittent.
I would definitely stay at this location again for the value, location and service.

Room Tip: The room in the building across the front desk office, facing the Target parking lot is very quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard. I am so excited that you are enjoying your stay and that you feel very comfortable and safe as well.

In the event that we can do anything to enhance your stay or if you need any suggestions on restaurants or directions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, you will again choose the TownePlace Suites for your accommodations. We'd love to see you again!
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am into week 3 of my stay here in a 1BR suite at this Marriott property. The location is next to a Target, near to the AMC Yorktown 17 cinemas and the Yorktown mall. The suite is a nice size for a 1BR, with a full kitchen (convection oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, crockery, pots and pans). There are two 32" LG flatscreen TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. As I was in a disabled accessible room, the bathroom was spacious. The bed is nice and gives good support, like most Marriott beds. There is wireless Internet and it is free, but it's not very fast. The staff are friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is continental and pretty basic - would have been nice to have more varieties like waffles, pancakes and omelettes though. Pool is outdoor and small, and the fitness room only has 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical and cycle and weights, so look elsewhere if you are a fitness buff. During the summer, they have free cook-outs which is nice! All in all, I think the price is reasonable for a Marriott property compared to other extended stay lodging in Lombard and it represents good value for money.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main block so you don't have to travel far to get breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review of the our TownePlace Suites here in Lombard. We are very excited to have you with us and your comfort is our top priority.

I certainly welcome your remarks regarding our deluxe continental breakfast. We do not currently have the facilities to serve a full hot breakfast with omelettes or waffles but we do have some flexibility regarding any additional items. I know that there are some changes coming to our breakfast over the next year. In the meantime, I will see what we can do to make the breakfast more appealing.

Once again, I hope the remainder of your vacation is a memorable one!
Webster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed in a two-bedroom suite for three nights, and overall, were pleased with the hotel. It's on the older side, and is a bit dated, but in decent shape. The room itself was spacious, but the bathroom was incredibly small and the mirror was hung very low (and we're not giants, either). It was quiet and the beds were firm but comfortable, so we slept well. The A/C did a good job of cooling on hot July nights, and we could open the windows if desired. The room we stayed in did have an odor from cooking (curry?) which was very apparent each time we entered, but after a few minutes in the room, we didn't really notice it anymore.The breakfast area is VERY small and crowded - and if your room is in the 2nd building, you'd have to go outside to get there in the morning - probably not ideal in the winter. It's truly a continental breakfast - no eggs or meats, just lots of carbs. The staff was helpful and friendly. The pool is outdoors and not very large. The hallways are dimly lit and a bit claustrophobic, as is the lobby, but we didn't spend much time in either, so it was fine. The location was very convenient, near Yorktown Mall and a Target store right next door...and we were able to see fireworks from our room on July 4th - nice treat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our TownePlace Suites here in Lombard. We were very excited to have you with us and it sounds like you had a great trip!

Our breakfast room is small but many of our guests do come down to get their food and take it back to their suites. Unfortunately this is a little more obvious when all of our suites are full and many of them are families. Hopefully in the near future we will have the opportunity to reconfigure that space. In addition, there are some changes coming to the breakfast offering over the next year that will meet the needs of our more healthy conscious guest.

Once again, thank you for your comments. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, we'll have the pleasure of seeing you again!

Been to TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard? Share your experiences!