“Alright for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 Technology Drive, Lombard, IL 60148 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Chicago - Lombard - Oak Brook)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Alright for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I reserved with a coupon, which they didn't use when I checked in, which was disappointing. The room itself was fine, although my shower drain was broken, as well as the shower feature itself and there was dust caking the heating unit (very bad considering my allergies). The microwave was dirty and there was soap provided but no shampoo. I didn't much appreciate the young kids running up and down the hall and slamming doors at 1 AM, but that's not really the hotel's fault.

The staff was very friendly, and the bed was comfortable enough (enough blankets and pillows, and clean). There were plenty of towels as well. Would've been much more pleased with my stay had I gotten the price that I was promised with the coupon when I reserved.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Kayla – I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly during your stay. Still, I am sorry to hear that there were maintenance and cleanliness issues with your room. I will be meeting with our maintenance and housekeeping staffs to ensure these problems do not continue in the future. As well, I apologize that you experienced some noise disturbance from other guests during your visit. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at obk@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past but since I was last there it has been refurbished. I always find the staff to be friendly and courteous. I am normally at a trade show and it is nice to go back to another hotel away from the crowd. The rooms are clean and there is a kitchen facility which one can use if you choose. They have ordered taxis for me and no problems with any stay there.

Room Tip: Inormally pick a non smoking room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendly and courteous staff. Also, I am pleased that our cleanliness met your expectations you found our fully equipped kitchens to be an added value.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The location was convenient, located right off the highway and walking distance to a variety of stores and restaurants. The clerk, Vicki I believe, was friendly and informative. I didn't utilize the kitchen facilities but they seemed clean and in order.

One issue: This hotel suffers from a growing problem across the country which I refer to as "flourescent white syndrome". This is the result of uninformed hotel managers stocking their rooms with the "pure white" compact flourescent lights. You must understand that these rooms are designed to be lit by "warm white" light, the colors, accents, and atmosphere, as designed by corporate, only functions with the correct color temperature. Using the pure white lights creates a hostile, industrial atmosphere where grime and imperfections become much more obvious. Don't get me wrong, I am all for efficiency, but for the love of god purchase the "warm white" variety of compact flourescent. They cost exactly the same and simulate the warm, friendly, comfortable glow of traditional incandescent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the comforts of the hotel room and convenience of the location. Thank you for the recommendation regarding the light bulbs. We will take this into consideration. Thank you again for your kind words.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Coralville, Iowa, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The bed was neither clean, nor comfortable. The bedding is cheap. The carpet needs to be at least steam cleaned. No shampoo or conditioner. Free breakfast only served cereal bars. The drain of tub not working well. Even the price is cheap, it is not worth the money.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the bedding was neither to your cleanliness or comfort standards. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will strive to make sure your experience is not repeated. Also, we are having maintenance to schedule deep cleanings of the carpets int e guest rooms. I apologize it was not communicated to you during check-in, that toiletries can be picked up at the front desk for all guest.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at obk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was on vacation to Chicago and found this hotel deal through Priceline very cheap. I got it for less than $40 per day. The lobby was very neat and they offered complementary breakfast. We were a group of 11 people on the trip and we enjoyed our stay there. The staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that our team provided you with friendly and courteous service. As well, I am thrilled to know that you and your entire group enjoyed your stay overall.

davenport iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Walked in the lobby from the mostly empty parking lot and immediately it just smelled like pet store. Vicki at front desk was very nice. Get up to room, there was FECES in my toilet, PUBIC hairs in my bathtub and hair stuck to the bath towel. As I had passed a housekeeping lady on my way to room, I went and asked her if she could please sanitize my toilet. She told me NO and to call the front desk, because she wasn't doing it. Vicki came up and cleaned my bathroom. I was just getting settled in, pulled my sheets back and there were tiny SPIDERS in the bed!!!! Needless to say I packed up and left. Walls were paper thin, I could hear someones phone ringing and then their conversation. Refrigerator was all dented up, window sill was full of grubby handprints. Awful, awful place. If you are desperate for a cheap hotel, this might suit you, but I'd rather sleep in my car then here.

Room Tip: My tip is to find a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Jody - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that you found your bed and bathroom to be unclean. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working diligently to provide clean and comfortable rooms. As well, I will be speaking with the staff member personally as well as coaching the entire team on how to handle guests requests in a better fashion moving forward. I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs properly.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at obk@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Most of the staff are pleasant and hard working. Maria on days and Jason on nights stand out as reliable and very attentive, pleasant and professional. I've been here a long time.
Mary who works the overnight shift through morning needs counseling on attitude (loud and rude and dose not follow what she says are the rules).
Thank You for the opportunity to express my opinions.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that we provided you with an overall great experience during your stay. We apologize for the standard of customer service you received from other staff members. We are addressing your concerns with the staff to ensure that guest do not run into this issue in the future. We are sorry for this issue however; we are happy to read that Maria and Jason provided you with reliable and professional service.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook? Share your experiences!