“Maria is very attentive,pleasant and goes out of her way to solve any problems you may encounter.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 Technology Drive, Lombard, IL 60148 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Chicago - Lombard - Oak Brook)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Most of the staff are pleasant and hard working. Maria on days and Jason on nights stand out as reliable and very attentive, pleasant and professional. I've been here a long time.
Mary who works the overnight shift through morning needs counseling on attitude (loud and rude and dose not follow what she says are the rules).
Thank You for the opportunity to express my opinions.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that we provided you with an overall great experience during your stay. We apologize for the standard of customer service you received from other staff members. We are addressing your concerns with the staff to ensure that guest do not run into this issue in the future. We are sorry for this issue however; we are happy to read that Maria and Jason provided you with reliable and professional service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Been hotel hopping all July with my fiancee in Oak Brook area because of work. Priceline has turned out to be a very helpful thing this summer with there new "Express Deals." We stayed at the hotel under $50 each night we did stay there. I wouldn't pay more than that though. The front desk ladies always have bad attitudes and you can tell they hated our guts. The first time we checked into this hotel they tried to put us in a smoking room. Didn't ask, just put us there. So, once we complained they did give us another room, but it was a hassle. They try to put "priceline customers" in the less nice rooms. Which is complete bull, if you ask me.

Stayed a couple days and went and came back several times throughout July. Staff always seemed to have problems with us. And we are NOT mean/whiny people. They just need an attitude adjustment. Otherwise, I would say it's an okay hotel. The little kitchen is nice if you're staying a long time. Hot showers. Laundry room is expensive. Hard beds. I would stay again, just because it's cheap.

Room Tip: ALWAYS ask for NON-smoking room if you are a non-smoker. They try to put you in smoking rooms if you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the staff attitude is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience and I am very sorry for the smoking room that was assigned to you.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that the ladies will be more welcoming and accommodating to smoking and non-smoking preferences to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at obk@extendedstay.com.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago,IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Checking-in was a breeze the gentleman at the desk was very Wonderful. When we first arrived on the 3rd floor, the hallway was over flowing with garbage near the elevator. "Great first impression" When I entered my room everything appeared to look "ok" until I started utilizing the room. I recovered a "hairy" facial towel on top of the shower curtain bar! "Ok big deal maybe the maid forgot" As my wife and I began preparing for bed, we noticed the bathroom counter needed to wiped down! "good thing I keep a pack of Clorox wipes with me. Lastly, it was time for bed, and I pulled back the comforter because sometimes we get extremely warm while sleeping, so sometimes we settle for the fleece blanket and sheet (if available) needless to say when I pulled back the decorative comforter on the bed, I counted more than 6 strands of hair on the fleece blanket. So I used the sheets only! Hopefully they were clean! This was a last minute booking and, my wife and I had to get back up within 4 hours, in my opinion no guest deserves to be in these conditions. This is a basic housekeeping etiquette! And the best way to describe the mattress is "Crunchie" ! This hotel have quick pick up and go items for breakfast ! Whole fruit, breakfast bars , & coffee and tea.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you get comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that your room was unclean at check-in. The conditions you described are not in line with our company's standards, and for that I am extremely disheartened. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work diligently to make sure your experience is not repeated by improving our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at obk@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
iowa city iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My daughter graduated from college in December 2012 and landed a job in the Chicago area. She wanted to make sure that her job was secure before signing any 18 month lease. We were thrilled when she found the Extended Stay of America in the Oak Brook/Lombard area. We temporarily stayed there to make sure it was suitable for her. It was clean, convenient, affordable, and close to her new job. They offered coffee and breakfast treats in the morning and had a decent laundry facility. It is convenient to exercise clubs (XSport in Downer's Grove), and also to many shopping areas. The air conditioning and heating unit worked very well, bed was very comfortable and the room was bright and spacious. A very attentive staff here. The front desk attendant, Jason, made sure everything was available. Example: The iron broke, she called him and he had another iron for her to use. Each week the room was cleaned. Parking was very convenient and the car was visible from the room. The kitchen was a plus. One time there was a leak in the sink and Jason, the attendant on duty, was right on it and had the maintenance crew fix it. Staying here also afforded the opportunity to find a suitable apartment in the area. Not rushing to find an apartment is a big plus when you don't know the area. Yesterday was her last day at this Extended Stay --- She felt a twinge of sadness since this place had become her temporary 'home". She had made this her home for over four months. I recommend this particular Extended Stay to anyone needing temporary housing. I truly believe this Extended Stay staff goes beyond their normal job description to achieve customer satisfaction. Thank you to this Extended Stay America for making her transition to the Chicago area a truly great one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our associates made your daughters stay enjoyable. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I decided to stay at this place because of all the positive reviews others have left. Yes, it is cheap but I've been at similarly priced hotels (including extended stays) and although the amenities were limited, the rooms were very clean. As you can see in the pictures, the bathroom, kitchen, towels, and even bedsheets weren't clean. If you are concerned about cleanliness, do not stay here by all means. If cleanliness is not your thing, then you'll perhaps like Extended Stay Chicago-Lombard.

The ONLY thing I liked about the hotel was the location. It was so close to restaurants, bars and shopping malls in Lombard. However, it's a good 40 minutes (at least) to Chicago so do not stay here expecting to be close to the city. If you think about it, you're not saving that much money than staying in or loser to the city because you will have to spend that little money you're saving on gas, tolls, and city parking (Oh so much fun). Not to mention traffic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
carol2442
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel is in a great location to move around the suburbs of Chicago. The price through priceline was excellent. I paid for an upgraded bed selection and was disappointed to find out the additional $36 was only for a couch instead of ottoman. I could not get my upgrade back but Maria at front desk assisted me in getting the upgrade that I originally thought I booked. The rooms are good for the money. The staff speaks to you as you enter and exit. If you are on a budget and need a studio apartment at a great price, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask front desk about a king or 2 bed upgrade if you need more than a standard queen. Do not upgrade...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reklaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Except for a missing kettle, good stay. Recommend the king beds vs queen. Beds made a lot of "noise" when moving in bed. Stay away from exits as they tend to have a high noise level. I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook? Share your experiences!