“Good place for family” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Buffet
San Diego, California
“Good place for family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wherever you go with your family, if you can find a Sweet Tomato or Souplantation nearby, you are all set for dinner. With healthy choices of salads and tasty soups, the choices are endless for a good family dinner.

Visited October 2013

74% Recommend
midwest
“Downers Grove Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I always eat at a Sweet Tomatoes when we travel here. This place is cleaned and organized. Huge salad bar is available along with soups,breads,healthy pizza type breads, chili and deserts. Reasonably priced too.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MSP
“Good dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Be hungry ! There is a LOT of food here. And there is incredible variety. Something for everyone! From a simple salad to pizza and pasta. The staff is very helpful. The overall appearance was clean and neat.

Visited November 2013
La Grange Park, IL
“Our favorite eating place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I don't eat out a whole lot but when we do, our most visited place is Sweet Tomatoes. As others have stated, there is a good selection of salad fixins and desserts that you help yourself to. If you leave here hungry, something is wrong with you. There are enough choices to satisfy almost anyone. We have never had a bad time here. The cafeteria style setting is not for the black-tie, fine dining crowd. The ambience is a little loud at times but doesn't detract from the food. Hint: take a baked potato and load it up with whipped butter, cheese, onions, chives, bacon, sour cream, salsa and more bacon and you have yourself a meal in itself. Love it!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“I expected more selection, but it was good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I like the idea of having a place that is a healthy alternative. I wish there was one near my home, this one is 45 minutes away, but I wanted to give it a try. The salad selection seemed the same as what you get at any buffet style restaurant. What I liked was the selection of soups, muffins, comfort foods, and desserts. I was excited to see great soups and the suggestions to add great items like mushrooms and chives to the soups. I decided to try it to go and was pleasantly surprised at the price. For $8.99 you get a large salad container, 2-8 oz containers for soup and dessert, and a bag for muffins, breads, etc. I was expecting to be surprised with much more salad selections, to me it was basic in this area. I like the idea and would go again:)

• Visited August 2013