“Outdated 80s decor” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Lisle Hotel

You added Sheraton Lisle Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Lisle Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Warrenville Road, Lisle, IL 60532 (Formerly Wyndham Lisle-Chicago Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lisle
OC
“Outdated 80s decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveling with our first baby to attend grandma's 105th birthday. We chose Sheraton lisle, for the close proximity to our families.

Although I did not have high expectation coming into the hotel, but after stepped into our suite, I was immediately put off by the old and dreary over all decor with exposed drainage pipe under the tiny sink in kitchenette area.

I'm surprise that this Sheraton is ranked as a SPG category 3 property, because the amendities and room comfort are certainly lacking comparing to other Sheratons I've stayed at. Upon checking out, I was informed that the hotel is currently under renovation, and they're working on one floor at a time from the top floor down. And the 7th floor would have been completed by mid November 2014. I really hope the next time I visit the hotel, the rooms would have been completely transformed into a modern and tranquil space.

Room Tip: Club level room
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Good: Rooms clean, spacious and great bed. The BAD: Being woken up before 8 a.m. on a Saturday by the construction crew doing renovations in the stair well right across from our room. We made the reservations on the phone only a week in advance so the renovations were going on then but the person who took our reservation did not mention that it may be NOISY.

Like I said the bed was sooo comfy but the rude/noisy awakening ruined a good nights sleep and made for a grouchy morning!

Room Tip: Confirm that the renovations are not near your room.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I unexpectedly needed a room for a few nights before taking possession of a rental property. Trying to save money, we decided to try the Sheraton. Upon arriving, we noticed a couple checking out complaining of the noise as there was a conference at the hotel, with loud boisterous (many visibly intoxicated) guests roaming the lobby and congregating around the front doors smoking cigarettes. We normally stay at upscale hotels in the Illinois area, however, I am not judging this hotel on that fact, mostly all I expected upon booking was cleanliness. And they dropped the ball. Hard. The hotel is really old and seems kind of rundown. When we entered our room, I peeled back our sheets to find a short curly black hair (use your imagination). Disgusted, I went to the window to find what I am 99.9% sure was dried vomit on the curtains. It looked like whoever had the task of cleaning the room before we had gotten there had stumbled across the curtains and was so grossed out they halfheartedly rinsed off what they could and left. I immediately took our bags to the front desk and demanded another room. The young man working there offered an apology, but looking at him, I could tell he didnt seem too surprised. He "upgraded" us to a king suite. We went up to take a look and the room reeked of air freshener and the electricity didnt work. I literally had to hold the door open for my girlfriend to get enough light to try some of the other light switches and they too didnt seem to be functioning. I went back down and the guy at the front desk made some sort of remark saying, "I might need to send someone up to show you how to work the electricity". Really? I declined that offer and said we were checking out immediately. Do yourselves a favor and spend the extra couple bucks and stay at the Marriott across the street. This place was absolutely horrendous and I would not return and spend a night if I was paid to.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose M, General Manager at Sheraton Lisle Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Dear Guest
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your
recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your
expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is
clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can
be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not
disappointed as you were. In addition, we are in the process of rejuvenating our hotel
to better serve you

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a
guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!
Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Jose Melendez
Winfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Don't mind the dust as you enter this hotel. The outside is undergoing a little renovation, as are parts of the hotel (like the stairwell).

You will be pleased with the clean and spacious rooms. There is plenty of light during the daytime, and the black out curtains work well to block out any night lights and early morning sun.

The bathroom, one of my frequent targets of complaint in other hotels, was extremely clean. Shampoo and other toiletries were refreshed daily.

The top bed comforter was enclosed in a duvet, which is changed after each guest. This was verified with the hotel staff.

Restaurants are near the hotel if you don't want to eat in house.

Hotel lobby has several computers and a printer so boarding passes are not an issue - or a ridiculous additional cost.

Conveniently located to Interstate 88 there is no surface street traffic to negotiate when trying to reach the expressway.

Price for the room is fair.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Made reservation and asked for the Navistar discount. "Sorry, it won't let me give you that rate". Arrived at reception with two people in front of me. One clerk. One guest asked for the manager. He/she never came.Ten minutes later he got to me. Went to the lounge where tables are set ten feet apart. TVs on. Very depressing. Bartender recommended salmon. I got it, tasty but overcooked. The check showed one entree and one beer. He asked if I wanted another beer. I said no. He then took the bill and added another beer to the bill. I pointed that out. He asked if I just wanted the beer to go. No, take it off. I have to get my manager. 15 minutes later, he promised three more minutes. Ten minutes later I got up to leave. He then gave me cash for the beer if I would sign the check. Went to my room. Listened to my neighbor talk on the phone for two ours. Breakfast buffet was sad. Coffee was good. Room was fine. Entry under construction. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Jose M, General Manager at Sheraton Lisle Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Dear Guest..

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience. I want to
personally apologize for the service provided during your stay

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect
working order and meets their expectations. I am sorry if that was not the case
during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so
that others are not disappointed as you were.

guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay
with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Jose Melendez
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

I have staid in this hotel various times when it was the Wyndham, Lisle. Not much has changed yet, but I did see a construction crew hard at work in the Lobby. The parking lot empty, as well as the many halls the place has.
The service by the service desk girl provided me, as brief as it was, was professional and informative.
My room was 408. It was clean and odorless. It is a typical room as we have all seen them.
Yet I could only find one light in the small hall. And it was dim. Then I looked for the main room lights. To my surprise, there was only one lamp (40 watts) on the night stand.
The other light was a desk lamp with a flexible goose neck.
tge dark room robbed the room of its welcoming potential. I spent the whole night twisting the gooseneck lamp in every angle to light me up.
The restroom was clean but the sink faucet pointed towards 8 o'clock, it was loose.
When I turned the bathtub faucet, it kept turning and turning. It had stripped, just like I did. Now I had to apply pressure to get it to work. I couldn't quite get the temp I wanted, but I had to make do.
It took me ten min to get it to shut off! With a bit of ice cold water catching me on my back.
It was not the same experience I've had in other sheratons, I hope those things were just my luck.
BTW... It was less expensive than the previous Wyndham.

Room Tip: All rooms are business types. Not much to different.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Newtown, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Location: This hotel was a good spot when we visited Wheaton College, which is an easy 10 minutes away. There are many shops around, and we especially appreciated the Whole Foods five minutes away.

Rooms and public spaces: This hotel is geared toward conferences/corporate stays. The decor in the rooms and lobby are basic, and the decor could use some updating. That said, we had comfortable beds, and everything worked well in our room. We did not try the food.

The front desk staff could not find my reservation and was not particularly friendly. The woman made me produce my reservation, which luckily I had printed out, and then seemed to find my room. Snags happen, but her attitude was not welcoming.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Lisle Hotel? Share your experiences!