“Awful option for event venue! Waste of time and money! Horrible service!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Lisle

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lisle
Naperville, Illinois
“Awful option for event venue! Waste of time and money! Horrible service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

On May 21, 2011 we had a 40th Birthday celebration contracted to take place in the tent/pavilion space. Much to our surprise, we were asked to leave the venue early due to other guests complaining about sound. Before we signed the contract, we made sure that sound was not going to be an issue. This was discussed many times with Ellen, Banquet Manager and we were reassured.

Around 10:15-10:30 pm, the police were called in by some other rowdy drunk guests reporting that the sound was too loud. These guests hounded us outside out venue and harassed us making fun of our music, culture. Most of our guests were harassed and left early! Mr. Vivek (interim Banquet Manager) was awful to work with throughout this ordeal. He could’ve easily handled the situation by asking the hockey team rowdy guests to stay on the other side of the lounge instead of right outside our door!
He was rude to us and our guests and eventually asked us to turn off the music and we would get a full refund. After we turned the music off, he went back on his word.

Not only were we kicked out of our venue (breach of contract), the food we paid for was not fully served, the desserts we paid for were not served in full, and the alcohol we paid for was not available. Aside from all this, we were scared to stay at the hotel due to the hostility of other guests BUT were charged for the rooms!

We met with the Assistant GM, ED S. , Ellen, Banquet Mgr, and Vivek, interim Banquet Mgr but were disappointed to hear that they would NOT compensate us for anything whereas we were told that they refunded $2,000 for those guests from the hockey team that were compensated for their “loss of sleep.” (even though they were hanging out drinking, smoking, till we left the building).
Thoroughly disgusted and disappointed at the over all handling of this situation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Milan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I consider myself a "hotel snob", but found this property absolutely glorious! The lobby was warm and welcoming with a beautiful water feature/fountain. The check-in process was great, and though I had to remind the front desk that I wanted a smoking room, they quickly obliged. Note: I got our room for $36 on PL, and they made no mention or hesitation regarding this at check-in. Our room was quite large (my husband used the word "huge", actually) with a separate sitting area with a pull-out couch. The bathroom was nice (a tad on the small side, but still nice) with a separate sink area. The closet was also large with a full mirror. Yes, the TV is a tube TV, but does it really matter? Really? It's not your home entertainment center! The kids completely enjoyed the pool and said the temperature was just right. Although we didn't use the fitness center, we walked through it to get to the pool. It was very nicely appointed with lots of equipment and televisions.
The beds...awesome! There were plenty of pillows and the bedding was luxurious. There was even an extra blanket and pillow for the pull-out bed in the closet. It seems that oftentimes you have to call down and request those even though there's a pull-out in the room. Not here!
Location was excellent, as well. Many dining choices with 10-15 minutes of the location. There was also excellent shopping within the same distance.
I cannot comment on the dining in the hotel, as we did not use that amenity.
The only improvement I would suggest is adding free Internet. It seems the more "upscale" the hotel is, the more they charge for Internet. It makes me laugh that you have to pay for Internet in higher priced hotels. But, since we have wi-fi on our phone, we were good!
All in all, excellent hotel. I feel bad that it has gotten this many bad reviews. My family couldn't figure out what people were seeing. But, that's just us.
Enjoy your stay when you come...I'm sure you will!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a king room with a pull-out couch.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Berlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stayed on a night from Friday to Saturday - apparently a day for many events going on at this hotel. You could hear in your room every word said on the hallways, any laughter (there were lots - people were having a good time), you could hear what's going on in next room's bathroom... Some noise was transported through the central airconditioning and the room windows facing the highway are not sound-proof. The standard of the room in general is higher than 3.5 star, more like 4.5 to 5 star.
Nowadays I consider it ridiculous if such a pricy hotel charges extra for internet and does not have any kind of free breakfast - a pot of coffee for 11 dollars!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011 via mobile

We stayed in this Hyatt one night. The front desk staff were very friendly and very professional. The main lobby is very big and very nice. We had a king room with a pullout. The room was very clean and was outdated a bit but not enough to complain. Yes the TV was a older tv, so what? It still played great. Some of the walls had slight rips in the wall paper but again this is a older hotel and gave me no reason to complain. The bed was the best bed I have ever slept on, I have had several surgeries on my back and I want one of these beds for home! The pull out was nice and gave my daughter a decent nights sleep. Check in and check out was a breeze. We will be in the area again in a couple of weeks and I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2011
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011 via mobile

The front desk staff at this hotel is amazing. Always professional and efficient.

Yes, some of the furniture is a bit old. And my room during my stay still had the old TV. But the room was quiet and spotless.

The panoramic rooms are worth the extra cost. Spacious, almost like your own little apartment.

Overall, a great value.

• Stayed April 2011
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

The hotel stay itself was fine. The room was ok and clean upon arrival. The hotel room was booked online and prepaid. After booking online and checking my credit card statement, I realized that I was double charged. Called the hotel and was refunded the second charge that they "accidentally processed." Then, a week after our stay, another random charge appeared on my credit card from the hotel for approx. $75.00. After calling the head office in regards to the charge, they stated that I was accidentally charged a "no show" fee. They agreed to refund the amount to my card within 3-5 business days. Over a week later, still no refund, so I guess I will call again and sit on hold for another hour for yet another supposed refund. I will definitely not be staying at another Hyatt anytime soon. All I can is that if you are going to be staying at this hotel anytime soon, watch your credit card statements from the date that you book your room, for at least a month afterward. Random charges may be appearing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We pricelined this room for under $40 a night. It was clean but a bit outdated...but definitely a good deal. The bar area was good...our drinks were awesome. didn't eat there so can't review that. My only complaint was the hot water in the shower, I've stayed there 3 times now and every time it's the same. It takes about 3 minutes for the hot water to come out.....odd.

I would visit again. Love the pool/hot tub area.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Lisle? Share your experiences!