“Great Entrees in a Small Family Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

630-305-8868
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 62 Restaurants in Lisle
“Great Entrees in a Small Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Everything on the menu is great. The servers will explain the entrees in detail and switch out types of noodles and protein (beef, chicken, pork) if asked.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not opulent surroundings, but food is in fact, fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a guarded secret for the locals. Not an impressive exterior (end of shopping complex), not an impressive interior (family friendly), but excellent service and food. We tried the House Special and another Fried Rice Noodle dish next to it on the menu. We will go back soon and often. It was hard on my weight loss, but I can skip another meal to make room for this place. Also, the portions are generous, so if you want to share with spouse/sweetheart/partner/child you are VERY safe.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockford, Illinois
“It doesn't get any better....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the best noodle house HANDS DOWN that I have ever been to. I've been going since I was a child and we now take our kids over and over again. We always sit at the same table. This is definitely a family favorite. My husband loves everything on the menu and the kids love trying all the different things that can be found. The price is perfection and the service impeccable.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wheaton, Illinois
“Unassuming and authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Let me begin by sharing my biases. We have eaten here dozens of times and this is one of our favorite restaurants. We know the owner, Helen, who is also the only waitress. She is a dynamo and does everything. They make several excellent dishes including the Mandarin ribs, clams with black bean sauce, and Chinese broccoli with oyster sauce. Be sure to ask Helen for the daily specials since they are reliably good. Service is good although it may be slow if the place is full since it is only Helen and her helper.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Eh.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I read a few reviews elsewhere (saying it was really good) and decided to give the place a try. I ordered bbq pork and Eight Treasure tofu and was merely disappointed. The bbq sauce was very pungent and strong and not your typical chinese bbq flavors I would have liked. The cut of pork was very fatty and I took 3 bites and tossed the rest. The Eight Treasure was flavorless. I picked out 4 pieces of tofu and tossed the rest. I tried it but will not be returning.
Pros- Nice staff.

Visited July 2013