“Great Concierge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great Concierge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stay at this hotel quite often. Alice, the manager of the Concierge lounge makes my stays outstanding. She always make me feel very welcome. She also enjoys challanges like special requests. I requested caffine free diet soda 6 months ago and she had it there the next night and it has been there ever since.

Great Service!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

From the time we entered the hotel and were greeted as though we were coming home to the time we left the hotel; it was truly an awesome experience. Check-in was great; our room wasn't ready but that was OK since we arrived early. The gentleman at the desk said that the room would be ready in 30 minutes; and sure enough my cell phone rang 25 minutes later with the desk calling me to let us know our room was ready. We were on the Concierge Floor and that was a treat. Free non-alcoholic drinks; free hot breakfast and an awesome Concierge - Alyce who caught on that it was our anniversary and surprised us with a dessert tray of brownies, cheesecake, cookies and cold milk which was delivered as soon as we got back to our room after an awesome show at the Marriott Theater. Dinner was good before hand at the King's Wharf inside the hotel. Overall our experience was awesome and will for sure take advantage of a great local hotel with good eats and good show all combined.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Randolph, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

A frequent guest for the past 10 years as a business traveler. The staff is one of the best I have encountered. I especially enjoy the running trail, concierge lounge, gym and overall friendliness. This has become a second home to me and the staff treats me as family.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Lake Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My girlfriend and I took both of our daughters here for a 2 night stay. The room was very quiet with a great view, and the rooms were adjoining as we had requested. The girls went swimming several times during the stay, and the adults used the fitness center. We ate at both restaurants, and had coffee at the coffee bar. We saw "Guys and Dolls", and as always, the performance was outstanding for the price. Plus, the playhouse is attached to the facility, so we walked everywhere and indoors (it was raining outside).

The service was great, friendly and helpful. All requests were met with a smile. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The rates very reasonable. The food was satisfactory, but not outstanding.

this is the third time we've stayed at the hotel with tickets to a play. I've never been disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

At the front desk this a.m. Mike went above and beyond to locate me some deodorant. I'd run out last night and after working out this a.m., went down to front desk seeking some. We were unable to locate some. I then went immediately to eat whereby Mike hunted me down and provided me some Mennon deodorant. Classic case of going above and beyond.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

It's one of the greatest hotels i've ever stayed in.Friendly staff,nice big rooms,perfect for the americans,not so much for foreigners,since the location is not so good...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed at the Marriott resort for corporate training. I checked in early and went to catch a workout. The fitness center was one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel. Great selection of weight and cardio machines, I was impressed. That's where the honeymoon ended.

After a 2 hour workout I went back to my room dripping in sweat. I turned the water on to take a shower and there was no water. I called the front desk and they informed me that maintenance was being done on the water and it would be shut off to the entire resort for about an hour. It certainly would have been nice if they told me that "minor" detail when I checked in. 3 hours later it was still not on and I was told wouldn't be on until 6pm. I had to meet Senior Leadership at 6:15 in the lobby for a very important dinner, and here I am sitting in my room sitting in my own stink and filth.
Sure enough, at 6pm the water kicked on, but was a light brown color which I took a video of on my phone. So what do I do? Shower in light brown water, miss a very important dinner or go smelling like a locker room? I sucked it up and showered in the horrible water and made it to dinner on time.

Good luck getting a cell signal in the hotel. It's pretty much fort knox. I did find one spot in the room that I could get a signal and had to make that work. During our training they were doing work on the roof, and there was a constant pounding while we were in business meetings.

On the bright side, the hotel itself was in decent shape and the bar was nice. The food was pretty good too. Sure, my experience was quite out of the ordinary, but that doesn't make up for the lack of service and the inconvenience it caused me

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lincolnshire hotels

Been to Lincolnshire Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!