“clean, quiet, convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“clean, quiet, convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a standard updated Courtyard. The rooms are updated and clean. Front desk personnel and cleaning staff friendly and polite. Internet is fast and free, as expected.

The hotel is near shopping and restaurants that makes dining in-house not necessary. Walker Brother for breakfast and Sullivans Steak House or dinner are a couple minute walk across the street (no sidewalks but there is a light). a couple minute drive offers Wildfire, Flemings, Cheesecake Factory and other standard fast casual options.

While the hotel has a pool and a couple of treadmills, it is a couple hundred yards from a major hiking and biking trail that runs for miles along woods and ponds. For those who run, there are relatively accurate markers every 1/4 mile.

Quietest rooms are likely facing the woods in the 15-31 room numbers. Center courtyard was quiet during my stay, but I can imagine its would get noisy and I would avoid those rooms facing inward.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My one night stay was uneventful. The room is comfortable, but definitely not spectacular in any means. It's more like a pretty clean and functional motel.

I didn't know why the frontdesk agent gave me 2 beds and 2 room cards when I specifically requested 1, and she knew I was traveling by myself. Maybe they are all out of rooms? It didn't look that busy to me. Semi-self-service restaurant downstairs was soso, but mostly just bar fare.

For the price, I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just stayed 3 days here. Once you get inside its evident a great deal of time and effort were spent renovating this property. I found the hotel to be quiet, well lit, nicely furnished with generous amenities. I liked the cafe and fully stocked bar. Much better than staying at one of the many extended stay properties in the area. The only problem with this property is its right on the corner of an intersection and getting in/out isn't easy. Once you discover the rear entrance to the property it makes entering/exiting much easier though.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There is absolutely no reason to spend more money at the overpriced Marriott Lincolnshire resort if you need to stay in this area. Hands-down the Courtyard by Marriott Lincolnshire is a much better hotel and value.

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times in the past three months for business and every trip has been better than the last.

The reservations desk staff is always incredibly welcoming and the rooms are decent sized and incredibly clean and quiet.

Even though this trip I had a room on the first floor next to vending machines and an exit, I never heard one bit of noise the entire trip.

The lobby/lounge area of this hotel is incredibly inviting. I've had breakfast at this hotel multiple times and the waitstaff and food is great for a hotel breakfast. in fact, I've taken my laptop out of my room and come down just to work in the lobby to get away from the room for a while In a nicer environment.

I would definitely recommend this hotel over all others in the Lincolnshire area whether it be for business or pleasure. Actually looking forward to my next work trip because of this hotel!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Amie505, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear southsidesusan,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is our goal to provide stellar service to all of our guests and your feedback is greatly appreciated and valued. We, at the Courtyard, take pride in our spirit to serve and it gives each of us great pleasure that you found your stay here with us to be as pleasant as possible. We are grateful that you had chosen to stay with us while traveling for business. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

Great place to stay on business. Shuttle bus to local office buildings. Drivers are courteous. Clean friendly modern and has a nice pool and a nice bar area. They have breakfast and sundry items. They were nice about emailing the receipt that I forgot to take with me.

Dear TAPWON,

Thank you for leaving your experience on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back soon.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

Stayed at the Courtyard for a business trip in February. The rooms were well fairly quiet and appointed (mini fridge, kerug coffee makers and balcony) and comfortable bedding. The outside is a bit deceiving as it is much nicer inside. There is not much dining nearby so I was glad to have a car. The bistro dining downstairs left much to be desired but there are many great restaurants in the area. It did snow quite a bit during my stay and found the lot in the morning to be snowy and unplowed but it was clean by the time I returned later in the day. Service was friendly and good overall although it was pretty slow. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was placed on the 3rd floor away from elevators not facing the street...
Dear HotelInspector420,

Thank you for taking the time out and rating us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope to see you return to us during the summer, so you can see the beautiful grounds that we are on. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

I stayed here recently during a snowstorm. The parking lots were never plowed and I could't get my car out. There are no restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. Needless to say I was starving. They have a small bistro located on site but the food was overpriced and well below average.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Amie505, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Dear Jessica B,

Thank you for taking the time to giving us your feedback. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately due to the blizzard, it was difficult to keep up with the plowing of the lot because of the rate that the snow was falling. I have spoken with our plow company to ensure that they are in line with our expectations. I was disappointed that you did not enjoy our Bistro. I have brought your comments back to our Food and Beverage team to go over our improvement opportunities.

We hope that you will come back and see us again.

Amie Wilkerson

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!