“Soccer Tournament” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Springfield, Virginia
“Soccer Tournament”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from June 27th - June 30th, 2012 for a soccer tournament. I was in a two bedroom suite and I thought it was very nice. Overall the place was clean, the carpets needed attention. We had wireless internet and the breakfast was what you'd expect. The beds were comfortable and it was nice having three TV's. I shared the room with (3 mom's) and (3 16 year old girls) and we didn't get on each others nerves the place was a nice size. I was most impressed that the laundry they provided was free and they had three washers and three dryers. The fitness room was nice also. Would I stay here again, probably. I liked the location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This Staybridge needs attention & upgrading. The included breakfast selection was not as extensive as experienced at other Staybridges. Rooms need new bedding and furnishings.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear NYTripper088,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Staybride Suites around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Grand Blanc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed for two days covering a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel has great curb appeal, looking more like a large manor then a commercial hotel property. The staff at check in was wonderful. We had a king suite which consisted of a large "living room" area ,with a flat screen tv, sofa bed, chair and desk. A small full kitchen area was off the living room area and had sink, two burner stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher and full size refrigerator/freezer with ice maker. They also had the kitchen full stocked with dishes and cookware. We have stayed at resort condos that were not this well equipped. The bedroom and bathroom was huge. The king bed was opposite a tall 4 drawer chest of drawers on which a large tv sat. The closet and vanity and sink area is outside the toilet and shower area which works well for privacy and staying out of each others way. The bed was extremely comfortable and they provided 4 of the best pillows we had ever had at any hotel prior to this one.
This would be a great place for a small family to stay and the rates are comparable to hotels with half the amenities.
Breakfast was provided in a buffet style setting and had most everything you could want. There was scrambled eggs and bacon, hard boiled eggs, fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal, waffles, toast, bagles . Coffee and tea was kept fresh 24 hours a day and the coffee was offered in light, medium and dark roast as well as decaf.
I would definitely stay here again when in the northern Chicago area.
The only note is that maid and service to the room is not provided on weekends unless specially requested.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor. It is the quietest of all.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Centerville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a short two-night stay for a business meeting. The staff was friendly enough during check in. The room was clean and appropriately accomodated. I didn't spend much time in the hotel as I was at meetings for about 12hrs per day. Breakfast is provided, including donughts, make-your-own waffles, mini-omelets, sausage, bagels, juice, coffee, milk, yogurt, fruit, cereal, and oatmeal. One evening, my room smelled very strongly of some type of ethnic food, probably due to cooking in another room. The smell was unpleasant to say the least. It was confined mostly in the bathroom so I closed the door and tried not to go in there. Otherwise, the room was nice and clean. Because this is more of a long-term style hotel, there were plenty of people in the lobby in evenings milling around. The halls were loud in the evenings as well. I would recommend for short term stay if you couldn't stay in a regular hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room not on the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear ONURx,

Thank you for your stay and feedback. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future and showing you hoe great our hotel is.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stayed here for a good 3 months and it felt like home. The staff here is very friendly and they make your stay pretty pleasant. I have stayed in a lot of places around the world but this place is definitely one among the best in terms of hospitality.

Some of the things I really liked are:

1. Even in Hyatt at times the WiFi is not good and keeps disconnecting or you need to sit in the lobby to get a decent connection but here I never faced that problem. I was able to connect to my office network using VPN with absolutely no issues
2. During snow days, I was surprised to see that not only was the path way cleared, but the snow in my car was also cleared. If you want, they also have some standby brushes which they will give you on request so you don't have to buy one just for a few days of use
3. The hallways had no smell of food.. unlike in a lot of other places where there is a kitchenette.
4. In some places I had to go buy some brush, dish washing liquid, etc but here its all there set for you to use

Overall, I definitely will recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I was at this hotel for a little over two months due to a tree falling on my home. I was lucky to find a place like this, you get so much with your room. Wifi, great breakfast is included, free laundry and nice indoor pool. The staff is beyond friendly, My family got to know them and they got to know us. Everyone from the drver Carl, breakfast staff John, and all of the desk staff were so nice to us. They even got my dog a box of dog treats. The room and hotel were clean and an all around great place to be in such a hard situation (not able to be in our own home) but this was the next best thing. They even have night time dinners three nights a week. Any time my family is in town to visit, I will tell them to stay there! They treated us like family and that really stuck with me, they have a good team there.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, rooms on the first floor by the side exit leads to a large feild thats great for...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for a night at this hotel. The room set up was nice with the separate bedroom and kitchenette. Room was worn and in need of updating. Couch and chair were uncomfortable as was the bed. Staff was fine and breakfast was average. Not bad, just in need of updating.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!