“Easy comfort, friendly helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern NJ
“Easy comfort, friendly helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter and I shared a room with my mother for a recent family event in nearby Gurnee, IL. The room was spacious and clean and the staff was entirely helpful. We slept well and enjoyed the pleasant products. Of note, I forgot my favorite nightgown and not only did they have it in the lost and found, they sent it back to me via fedex at no charge to me. This is a very nice establishment and I would stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello SRP36,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us for our future guests. We definitely know the importance of returning any lost and found items to our guests; especially something as important as a favorite nightgown.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel for you and your daughter during your visit with your family. We look forward to your return on your next trip to the Chicago area.

Maria Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent one night at this property, there was 5 of us on a shopping weekend. Awesome check in staff checked in after 11:00 pm... we were in and out in the amount of time it took to swipe a credit card for payment and two room keys... no extra papers to fill out... it was quick and easy like it should be.. breakfast was good had lots of choices, was busy but the staff kept every thing replenished and clean.

Room Tip: If you are booking a room with two beds and a pull out you will have to move the tv stand to fold it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello 02slugbug,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us for our future guests. I was delighted to hear you had an efficient check in experience and enjoyed our new breakfast.
We hope that your shopping trip was a successful one and thank you again for choosing our hotel during your weekend in Lincolnshire.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed in many SpringHill Suites before and I always hold them at a high standard. The SpringHill Suites in Lincolnshire definitely met my expectations. The hotel is located in a pretty quiet area, but easy to get to and plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. My check-in process was quick and the Front Desk agent was very friendly and seemed to really be enjoying his job and interacting with people. My room was very clean with everything I expect from a SpringHill Suites - I love that the room is essentially divided into a sort of living room/office and a bed room. Little touches like having clean plates and utensils in the microwave are wonderful so I don't have to go out of my way to ask for them or bring my own. The breakfast in the morning is one of my favorite hotel breakfasts with lots of hot and cold options. I stayed for 3 nights and the housekeeping staff did an awesome job cleaning the room each morning during my stay making everything look like new. The hotel seemed to be pretty full during the weekend that I was there with three different weddings going on and a pretty full parking lot, but I had no trouble sleeping and was never affected by noise during my stay. I am extremely happy with my stay and the great staff at this location. I will return the next time I am in the Chicago area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello dimps2,

On behalf of the entire SpringHill Suites Team I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us for our future guests. I am so happy to hear that you are a loyal SpringHill Suites traveler and that we met the high standards you have come to expect from our brand.
We look forward to your return to our hotel on your next trip to the Chicago area.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Spent first 2 nights of a 10 night trip here visiting downtown chicago and some friends up in Gray's lake. Picked this hotel as midway point and also price was right. Paid about 260 for 2 nights which would have been what one night would have cost downtown! We have 4 children so picked this hotel based on pull out couch plus two beds. We stay at a lot of SpringHill Suites but this was the first one that the pullout couch touches the TV stand. When the couch was open you could not get past the bed without walking or rolling on it. A little frustrating. Would like to have had a clock in the pool area. As this hotel does cater to children then should consider this when putting the microwave into the room. Of all 10 nights this microwave was too low and next to impossible to unplug. The hotel was in a very quiet location.

Room Tip: Choose high floor and had beatiful green view in all directions.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello Joe90123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire. Your suggestions on the clock in the pool and the location of the microwave are well taken as they are both something we can easily fix for our guests. In regards to the sofa bed and the location of the TV; this is something we continue to struggle with and we have been doing some restructuring of some of the rooms in an attempt to see if the new set up will be a better fit for our guests. Please know that we do have some rooms that are already set up differently so we can always block you in an alternate room on your next visit.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with our future guests. We hope your time with your friends was an enjoyable one and we look forward to your next visit.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at this property for a wedding. The room was nice and the price was right. The breakfast was the typical hot breakfast. Most important the staff was amazing. The only complaint is that there are never enough towels in the room. The staff was quick to bring me more towels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello kapgun,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate the kind words concerning our team, they love what they do and I am so lucky to have such a dedicated team. Thank you also for choosing to stay with us during your weekend in Lincolnshire.

Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We recently stayed here when we were in town for a family Wedding. The Location was great, just down the street from the wedding venue. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The first morning we were there, we misunderstood the breakfast time and arrived late. The employee running the breakfast was very gracious and kind, she was cleaning up, but got out food so we would still be able to eat. We are very grateful to her. The 2nd morning we were on time, it was very crowded, the eating are could have been a little bigger, but the food was good and there was ample. We were able to use the pool and hot tub, both were nice, a little too much chlorine in the hot tub, but it still felt good and relaxing. The rooms were very clean and we enjoyed having a refirigerator and microwave. (If they ever need to replace refrigerators, I would suggest getting ones with small freezer compartments - just a nice bonus). The rooms were very nice, a little cramped in some areas. We needed to use the pull out couch, but there wasn't enough room to pull it out, so our son had to sleep on the couch without it being pulled out and the couch was too short and narrow for him. Again, the staff was wonderful, they made us feel very welcomed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello David and Sandy B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our service and accommodations. It is great to hear our breakfast attendant ensured you were able to still enjoy breakfast after hours; we always want to ensure our guests are taken care of and start their day off with a good meal.

In regards to the refrigerators, we are in the process of replacing them within the next two months and small freezers are on my list of must haves with our new ones.

I can't thank you enough for the great comments about our staff friendliness and service. I am so proud of the great team we have here and am delighted to know you were taken care of during your stay.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Lincolnshire.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We got a great deal on Priceline for a night at this hotel. It's in a quiet little side street about 3 miles from the interstate. There is a Fresh Market (similar to Whole Foods) just outside the business park, which was great. You definitely need a car for this hotel's location.

The staff left a strong impression on us. Front Desk Manager Aaron checked us in immediately (it felt like 30 seconds total) and didn't treat us like "Priceline guests" for one second. We've had front desk staff go out of their way to let us know that they didn't appreciate the fact that we booked through Priceline and often they skimp on amenities as a result. Not the case at this hotel at all. We asked Aaron for a quiet room and he put us on the top (6th) floor at the end of the hallway. We didn't hear a peep from anyone in the hall all night.

Overall, the hotel is in good shape and our room was clean and had nice modern decor. The pool was in good shape and the small exercise room had nice treadmills. Our room layout was a little strange, but it was certainly functional enough for the two of us. If we had folded out the sofa couch in our queen room, we would have had to crawl over it to get to the door (fire hazard?) or to the area with the other bed/bathroom. The tv is also in the middle of the room, so you have to turn it either to the bed or to the couch. Not a problem for us at all, but if you travel with a family of 4, it would be tricky for everyone to sit and watch tv at the same time.

The only issue we encountered was that the thermostat was very tricky to get right. It was either too warm or too cold and we adjusted it several times during our stay. Changing it by one degree in one direction or another seemed to create a ten degree difference, but that could easily have been a problem with the unit in our room. In retrospect, I should have let someone at the front desk know about the issue so that they could tweak it. I'm confident they would have responded immediately and helped us fix it. It didn't bother us much, though, so we just accepted it as a slight annoyance.

In addition to the sitting area and little bedroom area, there was an office/minibar area that was very functional. There was a coffee maker, microwave, mini fridge and little sink, all of which worked fine and came in handy preparing snacks. Wifi was free and reasonably fast. Parking was also free and it was very easy to get a spot right outside the front door.

Breakfast is also included in the rate and it was better than most hotel breakfasts. Lots of fresh condiments for oatmeal, eggs and sausage, decent cut fruit, yogurts, cereals and pastries/breads. Coffee was genuinely good, not the bulk scorched stuff I have come to expect at hotels. The kitchen staff was outstanding and they were extremely friendly and helpful while they replenished items. They clearly take pride in their work and we very much appreciated it.

We would definitely stay here again. The hotel is modern and the rooms are clean, and it exceeded our expectations for a 3-star hotel and the price we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor away from the elevators, you won't hear a sound.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello SP82736,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. I appreciate all of the great feedback and comments regarding Aaron and our breakfast team.
I am so proud of the team we have and I look forward to sharing your review with all of them.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Lincolnshire

Maria Jones

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!