“Nice accommodations and great service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Beverly Hills, California, United States
“Nice accommodations and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is clean, modern and spacious. The people who work here are friendly and helpful with a positive attitude. My only complaint is the noise. If a guest sleeps on the sofa bed by the hall, he or she will hear the noise from the center atrium early in the morning while the cafe is setting up. Parking is easy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello Cathy B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your comments concerning our service and cleanliness are much appreciated; our goal is to always provide each of our guests with outstanding service and clean rooms. I also appreciate your comment on the noise disturbance you experienced as well, without both positive and negative feedback we cannot continue to enhance our hotel for our guests.

We hope you will return to our hotel in the future and I promise that we will reserve you a room on a higher floor to ensure you have a restful night's sleep away from public areas.

Thank you again from the entire team of the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire

Maria Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here the weekend for a family event in buffalo grove. The hotel check-in was simple and quick and the front desk ladies were very nice. Our room was on the 4th floor and was extremely clean. The bed was quite comfortable, and although my 8year old daughter complained the pull out mattress was uncomfortable that she could feel the springs, my 11 year old son didn't mind it.
One issue I did have though, was that if you pulled out the sofa, you could not get to the door and desk/kitchenette area without climbing over the bed! This just doesn't make any sense to me. I would think that they would have reconfigured the room. It seems like a fire hazard to me? I don't blame this hotel for this though, because I know it probably is a corporate concern.
I also did have a problem obtaining a channel to watch in the workout area.
Lastly, the floor around the poo area is quite slippery. Both of my kids fell when they were walking out of the pool. ( I actually assumed my daughter was just moving too fast and slipped, but thn my son fell two minutes later).
On a whole though, this is a great hotel and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Good Afternoon Travelgrl911,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel for our future guests. I truly appreciate the kind words in regards to our check in process as well as in reference to the cleanliness of our guest suites. I completely agree with you in regards to the accessibility in the rooms once our sofa beds are extended for use. We have been trying to make changes to the rooms in regards to this issue as we know it is an extremely tight area once these are in use. Please know we are continuing to work through this set up to make it a more spacious area.

I am so sorry to hear that both of your children fell and I definitely want to make sure they have recovered from this incident. If you have time to let me know how they are doing, I would love the opportunity to talk to you. I am aware our pool area can get slippery when wet, as most in door pools are this way since we have tile versus concrete in these areas. We have applied a textured solution to the top of the tile in an effort to make it more slip resistant; and I will be sure to check the area again for the need to repeat this application.

I again can't thank you enough for all of this feedback, as it is very important that I continue to hear from our guests and work on improvements according to their requests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again when you return to the Lincolnshire area.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times in the past few years, and it is always a pleasure to return. In fact, everyone I know who has ever stayed here can't wait to have the opportunity to go back. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure the guests receive the best service possible. Communication from the sales staff (for reserving a block of rooms) is outstanding, and the front desk staff is always very friendly, especially Aaron. The property is safe, quiet and clean, and the rooms with 2 beds and a sofabed are huge. The breakfast is always good, and the pool area is clean. There are many great restaurants and stores within a few miles. You cannot go wrong with the SpringHill Suites in Lincolnshire!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are easily accessible and safe.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Good Morning 4Bubbles,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to write this wonderful review for our team. I always love the opportunity to share feedback with the team to show them how much the service they provide means to our guests. Aaron is an amazing asset to our team and I very grateful to your for taking the time to acknowledge him personally.

Happy New Year from our entire team - we hope to see you again in 2013.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'm not certain as to why anyone who is being truly honest can give this fine hotel any less than an "excellent" rating. I have stayed here roughly 7 times in the last two years and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when I'm in the area. I travel often for business and pleasure and I've come to expect a combination of quality and value when it comes to staying at any Marriott hotel. This particular hotel never fails in regards to meeting those expectations, and exceeding them. The rooms are impeccably clean, as are all public areas that I have seen. The staff is more than accomodating, and I actually look forward to the brief, but always friendly encounters with Veronica, an assistant manager, and Maria, the general manager. I would mention more of the staff, but I've come to know most of them by face and not name. That's lucky for anyone reading this as the list would go on and on. There are times when I dread just another hotel stay, but I can say that is never the case here. I compliment the management and other staff and am truly greatful that such pride is evident in all they do to treat each guest as if they were the only guest. This is rare but so appreciated. This review is long overdue and I believe more than justified.

I almost forgot to mention the buffet breakfast. It's so good that I'd be glad to pay extra for it - fortunately I don't have to as its included in the room rate. Maybe I shouldn't give management any ideas there ;)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Good Morning HardwayAgain,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this amazing review of our hotel. I was able to share this with our entire team and they are so grateful for the wonderful things you had to say about our amenities and our service. We are lucky to have owners who are completely understanding of the needs of our guests and are willing to make all necessary improvements to our hotel in order to be one of the best in the area.

Thank you again for your loyalty and for choosing to always stay with us during your visits to the Lincolnshire area. We look forward to your return.

Happy New Year
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a good stay at this hotel, not sure if it was the best location though, it seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere but there was a restaurant outside but definitely need a car if you stay here. There was also Cheesecake Factory about 2-3 miles down the road.

Check in was fast and they accommodated my request of a room on the mainfloor. The room was clean and the bathroom was nicely decorated with the typical Springhill Suites decor of torquise color. There was a microwave, mini fridge, sink and a large desk. The sofa bed was huge.

The bed was a little soft IMO but I like firm beds and the towels were no longer plush. The breakfast was good with typical Springhill breakfast with waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels etc. It was very busy in the morning. We had to wait for the guests to leave to get a table.

I wouldn't mind staying here again since the room is good but will definitely look around for a better location.

• Stayed October 2012
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Good Afternoon Anoini2 ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review and also post photos of your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear your room was clean and you were able to get your requested room type. I agree that our hotel is a bit off the main road but fortunately that helps us to ensure our guests have a nice quiet stay with us. There are several restaurants in the area but you are completely accurate with your review that you definitely need a car to get to 95% of them due to our location. Please know that if you come again our shuttle is available to assist our guests in getting to local area restaurants within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Lincolnshire. We hope to see you again in the future.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours.

Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip for just one night and usually stay at a property closer to my office which gets alot of traffic noise. This hotel is set back in a business plaza so its very quiet. I had a room at the end of the hall on the fifth floor which also helped reduce hallway noise. I liked the heating/cooling unit because of the ability to fine tune the settings even if it was older.

The shower dial was a little touchy. It was hard to straddle the line between a hot shower and a burning hot shower and water pressure was average. I was disappointed that no lotion was provided with the bathroom amenities as it was cold and dry and I really could have used it! In general my room was clean, but the sofa had dirty decorative pillows, black smudges on green cushions that was a little off-putting.

I was also disappointed in the gym. When I travel it's very important for me to get in a decent workout. The fitness room was very small and the equipment (with the exception of the treadmills) was very old. I could not use the elliptical as it would not start up. In addition to the old, non-working equipment the hanging ceiling panels had water damage and were stained and discolored. If you don't care about working out this is probably only a minor problem, but since I choose hotels for it, I was very disappointed with the upkeep.

I was not able to partake of the breakfast spread due to a scheduled breakfast meeting. This was a great hotel for a quiet, restful night's sleep but the facilities need some updating.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the end of the hall and on a higher floor to reduce noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello Jennifer ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you were able to get a good night's rest due to the location of the hotel and also your room, we are very lucky to be in a quiet area so our guests can be well rested during their trip to the Lincolnshire area.

In regards to the lotion, we always have it available at the front desk but after reading your review I have to agree that during the winter months it is a great idea to have it in the rooms for our guests. I will be making sure that as of today we supply all of our rooms with lotion over the next few months, thank you so much for that suggestion. Also, I will be sure to check the couch cushion in your room for the stains you referred too, that is definitely unacceptable and I will be sure to get those cleaned.

I am happy to let you know that we are doing some renovations to our exercise room this upcoming week for our guests. We are also looking to have some of our equipment replaced in early 2013 and I am looking forward to that area being more enhanced for our guests. I wish we had a larger room so we can expand that area as I know how important that is, especially for our business travelers.

Thank you again for staying with us during your visit to Lincolnshire and for taking time out of your schedule to write the review.

We look forward for you to return to our hotel on your next visit.

Happy Holidays
Maria
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed for a hockey tournament last weekend, and really enjoyed the hotel. I do have to say that the best part was the staff. Can't remember the name of the man who checked us in Friday night, but we loved his enthusiastic reception following our very long drive. The staff had its hands full with several hockey teams of teenage boys and their sometimes rowdy parents, but they did a great job handling everyone and keeping order without being too "snippy." The hotel itself was clean and everything we were looking for. Decent breakfast (as long as there is a waffle maker, I'm happy), nice sized rooms and bathrooms, large tv and convenient kitchenette. The only complaint I have is with regards to the sofa beds...quite possibly the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced (which is why I made the kids sleep on it the next night). The regular beds were very comfortable though. Also enjoyed the color scheme and unique decor...not what we usually see at these types of hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Good Afternoon schusma28 ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent visit during the Nike Bauer Hockey Tournament. We enjoyed having all of the teams stay with us during an exciting time for the players. After reviewing your reservation I saw the Aaron, our Guest Service Representative, was the enthusiastic associate that welcomed you to our hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with him and the team as they love to know when they have a positive impact on our guest’s experience. I also appreciate all of your other feedback, especially that concerning our sofa beds. I don't often have a chance to spend the night and experience them so I will be sure to check in to that specific bed to see if it is time for a replacement mattress. Without the feedback, both positive and negative, from our guests we are unable to make the necessary changes. I am very appreciative of both so that we can continue to upgrade our hotel and provide our guests with the service that we pride ourselves on.

We hope your weekend was a successful one and look forward to you returning to our hotel for the next tournament.

Maria Jones

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!