“Nice stay at Lincolnshire” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Canada
“Nice stay at Lincolnshire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a good stay at this hotel, not sure if it was the best location though, it seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere but there was a restaurant outside but definitely need a car if you stay here. There was also Cheesecake Factory about 2-3 miles down the road.

Check in was fast and they accommodated my request of a room on the mainfloor. The room was clean and the bathroom was nicely decorated with the typical Springhill Suites decor of torquise color. There was a microwave, mini fridge, sink and a large desk. The sofa bed was huge.

The bed was a little soft IMO but I like firm beds and the towels were no longer plush. The breakfast was good with typical Springhill breakfast with waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels etc. It was very busy in the morning. We had to wait for the guests to leave to get a table.

I wouldn't mind staying here again since the room is good but will definitely look around for a better location.

• Stayed October 2012
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Good Afternoon Anoini2 ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review and also post photos of your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear your room was clean and you were able to get your requested room type. I agree that our hotel is a bit off the main road but fortunately that helps us to ensure our guests have a nice quiet stay with us. There are several restaurants in the area but you are completely accurate with your review that you definitely need a car to get to 95% of them due to our location. Please know that if you come again our shuttle is available to assist our guests in getting to local area restaurants within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Lincolnshire. We hope to see you again in the future.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours.

Maria Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip for just one night and usually stay at a property closer to my office which gets alot of traffic noise. This hotel is set back in a business plaza so its very quiet. I had a room at the end of the hall on the fifth floor which also helped reduce hallway noise. I liked the heating/cooling unit because of the ability to fine tune the settings even if it was older.

The shower dial was a little touchy. It was hard to straddle the line between a hot shower and a burning hot shower and water pressure was average. I was disappointed that no lotion was provided with the bathroom amenities as it was cold and dry and I really could have used it! In general my room was clean, but the sofa had dirty decorative pillows, black smudges on green cushions that was a little off-putting.

I was also disappointed in the gym. When I travel it's very important for me to get in a decent workout. The fitness room was very small and the equipment (with the exception of the treadmills) was very old. I could not use the elliptical as it would not start up. In addition to the old, non-working equipment the hanging ceiling panels had water damage and were stained and discolored. If you don't care about working out this is probably only a minor problem, but since I choose hotels for it, I was very disappointed with the upkeep.

I was not able to partake of the breakfast spread due to a scheduled breakfast meeting. This was a great hotel for a quiet, restful night's sleep but the facilities need some updating.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the end of the hall and on a higher floor to reduce noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello Jennifer ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you were able to get a good night's rest due to the location of the hotel and also your room, we are very lucky to be in a quiet area so our guests can be well rested during their trip to the Lincolnshire area.

In regards to the lotion, we always have it available at the front desk but after reading your review I have to agree that during the winter months it is a great idea to have it in the rooms for our guests. I will be making sure that as of today we supply all of our rooms with lotion over the next few months, thank you so much for that suggestion. Also, I will be sure to check the couch cushion in your room for the stains you referred too, that is definitely unacceptable and I will be sure to get those cleaned.

I am happy to let you know that we are doing some renovations to our exercise room this upcoming week for our guests. We are also looking to have some of our equipment replaced in early 2013 and I am looking forward to that area being more enhanced for our guests. I wish we had a larger room so we can expand that area as I know how important that is, especially for our business travelers.

Thank you again for staying with us during your visit to Lincolnshire and for taking time out of your schedule to write the review.

We look forward for you to return to our hotel on your next visit.

Happy Holidays
Maria
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed for a hockey tournament last weekend, and really enjoyed the hotel. I do have to say that the best part was the staff. Can't remember the name of the man who checked us in Friday night, but we loved his enthusiastic reception following our very long drive. The staff had its hands full with several hockey teams of teenage boys and their sometimes rowdy parents, but they did a great job handling everyone and keeping order without being too "snippy." The hotel itself was clean and everything we were looking for. Decent breakfast (as long as there is a waffle maker, I'm happy), nice sized rooms and bathrooms, large tv and convenient kitchenette. The only complaint I have is with regards to the sofa beds...quite possibly the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced (which is why I made the kids sleep on it the next night). The regular beds were very comfortable though. Also enjoyed the color scheme and unique decor...not what we usually see at these types of hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Good Afternoon schusma28 ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent visit during the Nike Bauer Hockey Tournament. We enjoyed having all of the teams stay with us during an exciting time for the players. After reviewing your reservation I saw the Aaron, our Guest Service Representative, was the enthusiastic associate that welcomed you to our hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with him and the team as they love to know when they have a positive impact on our guest’s experience. I also appreciate all of your other feedback, especially that concerning our sofa beds. I don't often have a chance to spend the night and experience them so I will be sure to check in to that specific bed to see if it is time for a replacement mattress. Without the feedback, both positive and negative, from our guests we are unable to make the necessary changes. I am very appreciative of both so that we can continue to upgrade our hotel and provide our guests with the service that we pride ourselves on.

We hope your weekend was a successful one and look forward to you returning to our hotel for the next tournament.

Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here after a wedding last weekend.
Nice quite rooms in a business park like setting. Great value.
Breakfast was worth paying a little extra for.
Had a 6th floor room with view to the fall colors to the West

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high (6th floor) for a better view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hello Art J ~

Thank you so much for your positive review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lincolnshire. We are thrilled to see that you found our services to be just what you needed while traveling and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Thank you for your loyalty to the SpringHill Suites by Marriott.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Convenient hotel to many offices in the area, awesome continental free breakfast - the employees constantly keep it stocked, hot, and fresh! Modern area with plenty of seating and tvs in the eating area. About a 1/2 mile south of the hotel is a nice new shopping and eating plaza for your entertainment outside of work. And another mile south of that is more restaurants!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello Sue F ~

Thank you so much for the great posting concerning your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire. Guest feedback concerning our hotel and the area are very useful to future guests an I appreciate you taking the time to assist us in spreading the word about our hotel.

I hope you had a wonderful visit and safe trip home. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Lincolnshire.

Gonzales, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

After a long day of travel, it was great to be welcomed by Aaron behind the desk. He was very friendly and helpful. We asked for a recommendation for the closest, best Italian restaurant. He gave us a list of several options, but went on to explain why certain ones were better than others. We settled on Philly G's, since he said it was locally owned. It turned out to be one of the BEST Italian restaurants we have ever been to!! Fresh ingredients, well-prepared, with a very friendly and helpful waiter, Ross. When we got back to the hotel I told Aaron I might just go behind the counter to give him a kiss for that recommendation! Rooms are spacious and clean. Indoor pool and hot tub were very relaxing. Large breakfast selection, including oatmeal, which was welcomed after our large dinner last night! Great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Hello LALady16 ~

Thank you so very much for this wonderful posting concerning our hotel and especially Aaron. He is dedicated to ensuring all of our guests have a fabulous experience when staying at our hotel. He is a native to Lincolnshire and loves to share his knowledge of the local area. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Lincolnshire.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Aaron was super helpful and nice! Promote him!
He Sold us on a coors light and Pepsi.
Simply the best stay ever with great service.

Not sure why this review has to be 200 characters long though, so I have to improvise for a little bit.

• Stayed October 2012
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind note concerning Aaron and your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire. I agree that Aaron is irreplaceable; his concern for our hotel and our guests is amazing and I am honored to have him on our team. Thank you also for choosing our hotel during your visit to Lincolnshire, we hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards
Maria Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!