“BED BUGS!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lincoln
Dallas
“BED BUGS!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

KEEP DRIVING! Our family stayed here on 7/13/13 ( I believe it was room 127). My daughter was playing in her bed for about 30 minutes before she yelled "bed bug!" I've never even seen one before but it's only millimeters long, bright red body (apparently from a fresh feast of her blood) with light tan head and legs. I scooped it up on a tissue and immediately researched it on the computer. I went down to the front desk to get their opinion, but they had none. I texted pictures to our trusted exterminator and he confirmed it was a bed bug. We moved rooms to the second floor on the other side of the hotel. It's been a little over a week later and now and my daughter has about 15 bites come up on her body all down her arms and back. After researching these they are also consistent with bed bug bites. I called and told the manager and she "kindly" offered me a $10 credit. I told her that I didn't really care about that but urged her to treat her rooms. She said they inspected the rooms and couldn't find anything. DO NOT stay here!!!!!! I never found any more besides the 1 bug in the first room either but the evidence is definitely clear on my daughter's body now. They have had a previous report on bedbugregistry.com also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Spokane, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

You have to overlook a few things that aren't perfect, like coffee pot looks dirty(could be water spots), trim around mirror peeling. But overall lean abed is comfortable and so are pillows-it's a King with 4 pillows. Shower temp will not burn you by no means even all the way hot! The only other negative is check the pool! We were in there for several minutes until we saw things floating! Yew! We got out immediately! But room is clean and comfortable! Not close to downtown to eat. Overall, we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
ALTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms are up to date with comfortable beds, clean bedding, flat panel tv's, plenty of wall paintings and neutral comfy colors. There is a fitness room with a tread mill. a universal weight station and a stepper. the indoor pool and hot tub complete the package. I ask the clerk, who was very personable, what time breakfast was served? 6 am, she replied. My job has me at work at 6 am. She told me she would talk to the overnight clerk my concern. He had breakfast ready at 530. Eggs, biscuits, cereal, the works. Very accommodating, clean, friendly and a great value.

Room Tip: Smile and expect GREAT service. Ask to see the room you will be staying in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

this is a older motel but my room was very clean. looked freshly painted. staff was attentive,helpful and very nice. would recommend staying here. plenty of places to eat close by so thats not a problem

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The lady at the front desk was friendly, when I got to the room there was no water, and no water all up and down the street so all the restraunts were closed. Now it was the city's water main that was the problem but she should have notified me before I checked in so I could choose to drive on down the road. Then the room was cold and the heater was broke so after some time I was moved to another room still without water. So I went to get a pepsi, the machine was out. The lady at the desk was gone and another was there and she wasn't so friendly. The place was now starting to smell from unflushed toilets. Was told the water would be on at 5pm, that time passed and the water was still not on so they said 630 pm. finally the water came on about the same time my pizza finally showed up 15 min late. The 7 ft tall delivery boy should have been in the nba instead of delivering pizza. I figure he had trouble getting in and out of his little delivery car and that would explain why he was late and my pizza box was kind of crushed. Later I walked to the convience store down the street only to witness a fight between the africian american clerk and a caucasian customer. This town is not leaving a good first impression on me. When I return my door is open as the latch did not latch. I could use the slide thing inside but the door still would creep open a couple inches so I just put my largest suitcase there to keep the door shut. This motel is in poor condition and has security issues as none of the outer doors were locked.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Shelby, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was not up to the expected standards of Choice hotels. They said it was a new room when we reserved and it appeared that some redecorating had been done. But the carpet was frayed and had a hole in it. The paint on the frame of the mirror needed to be redone. The room was clean. The refrigerator did not work but when reported it was replaced promptly. Staff tried hard to please. Breakfast was excellent - better than most. Seemed a little overpriced for the condition it was in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Randolph, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here on a road trip and arrived later in the evening. Check in took a bit of work as the front desk staff seemed to be having some issues. I stayed in a queen room. The room seemed a bit shabby and the bathroom was fairly dated. I had a decent night sleep and checked out early. I would be a bit concerned with security as I left before 5 am and there was no one at the front desk and anyone could just come in and out of the front door as they saw fit. I ended my stay with having to climb through my passenger door as a large truck parked in the marked off area next to the handicap spot that was next to me. I thought I had it tough but then I thought about someone who is handicapped who would have to get into their car that was parked there. All in all the was a failure of management to make sure that these little things were getting taken care of.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!