“Uninspiring Italian” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Uninspiring Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Very traditional old style Italian restaurant. Minestrone is quite bland as are many of the dishes. Portions are generally oversized except the wine pours are small and overpriced. Passable but many better restaurants in village

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent food and service from wonderful people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was in Great Lakes IL to see my son graduate from Navy Boot Camp. Our family went with our new sailor to this restaurant as it was recommended very highly to us. My son has always been the inpatient type and would never want to wait long before saying lets find something else. Upon entering the restaurant we found it to be quite noisy and very busy. I did make a reservation however and was seated within 5-10 mins. The woman who greeted us was very friendly and kind. She saw that my son was in uniform and told me that her husband was a veteran and how much they appreciated my son and all that serve our country. She then said that when sailors come in they make sure they get a free meal. Well to my surprise my son did not ask to leave and we were seated. Our waiter came promptly and took our drink order. He then told my son to choose anything he wanted on the house courtesy of the owners. When we did received our food we were very very pleased. Not only was the service quick but the food was amazing. Delicious, well presented and huge portions. My son was very pleased and said that he was going to ask to leave because of the noise (which was due to a party and St Patrick Day celebrations) however he was glad he did not. He loved the food, the decor and the service and said that he will definitely go back. Thank you to the staff for such a great experience!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carson City, Nevada
“Always Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A wide ranging menu and very reasonable. Most folks end up taking home lunch for the next day. They take good care of the kids too.

Visited November 2012
Albany, New York
“Gem on our Road Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I visited our son last weekend. Since it was my wife's birthday, I said we wanted to enjoy a nice place. He made reservations at this cozy Italian restaurant. He cautioned that we still might have to wait. Even so, we were surprised at how enjoyable the experience was. Not only was the food very good but the service and atmosphere were warm and welcoming. The surprise Tiramisu with candle for my wife added to our evening. Suggest you eat in reverse, i.e., order the Tiramisu first........wow.
We plan to get back here again on future trips.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We tried this restaurant on a friend's recommendation. Definitely worth it. I got the Lentil Soup (good) and my husband got the minestrone soup, which was excellent. I ordered the Spinach Gnocchi with Vodka sauce. The gnocchi was so soft and the sauce just really complimented everything so well. My husband got the Chicken all Dino (special that night) and it totally lived up to its name. The mushroom sauce was delicious! Both of us got the Tiramisu- phenomenal! We did a seat by the window on recommendations by others and it was so nice for people watching. It was a wonderful night.

• Visited September 2012