“Very rude owner” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Very rude owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had a terrible experience there. I was seating at the bar with one friend and enjoyed drink specials and sliders as an aptizer. Once all my friends arrived we needed to move to a table so we could talk as we were 7 people. After I moved to the table I could not eat the sliders I have ordered just because they were specials. It was horrible as the owner, the bar attender were yelling at me and a friend. He said I cheap and was ruining for all others and could not even hear me. I said there were no seats availabe for the 7 of us at the bar and my other friends just ordered full dinners. It was so embarecing, the entire bar was looking at us. I will never go there again. The owner was unprofessional, rude and unpolite. Other employees were afraid of the owner, saying they would loose their jobs. After I shared my experience with other friends, they also mentioned bad experiences with this especific owner. I understand people have bad days and sometimes loose it. But i heard this was not the first time that the owner have atacks like this with customers. This is the first review I ever write here. I just could not let that go.

83% Recommend
Sarasota, Florida
“Good value, food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our family enjoy Austins. They like the food and well as the casula atmosphere. The have bands playing here and there is also an indoor/outdoor bar. This is where Libertyville nightlife comes alive at a reasonable price. GREAT value steaks. There is a wide variety on theie large menu which will accomodate any taste. If not into steak, try the sizzling fajitas or great specials. Kids are welcome and love it too.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Get it in writing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We needed a place for our elementary school teachers and staff to hold an end of the year celebration. We were told one thing and given another - the whole event felt like bait and switch. If you book a party here GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago
“Get your Cowboy On and enjoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We LOVE Austins. Great food, fun atmosphere. There's an indoor and outdoor bar here too and a large but separate "Fuel Room" where they regularly have bands play. It looks like the nightlife is alive here! However we go for the food. GREAT steaks and other very yummy options on their truly huge menu. I love the sizzling fajitas. We also like the outdoor seating area with it's gas-flame fire feature. Prices are very reasonable and they have great specials.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Horrible Service and party set up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

In the past 6 months, my group of friends and I have had 4 large group parties at Austins. For the first 3 parties, we ate in the restaurant and then each paid the server or doorman $25-$28 bucks for a bracelet for drinks upstairs with our group. Things were fine, we had a good time....no problems. We even took the shuttle once which was an extra $16 per person and it was great! Until the 4th party. We recently had my friends bacherlorette party there and were given a price of $24.95 per person. When we got there, the person at the door made us collect the money from each person in the doorway to pay all together. 20 girls paid $24.95 each for the party and when we brought him the money he said "the total was going to be $660". We had no idea where he got that number from as there was no commitment to any number of people. On their website it states...."minimum for a party is 20"....which we had. First problem obviously. Next we go to the balcony and begin our party, and the server tell the first girls she was "just going to bring out a bunch of vodka cranberries". The girls asked if they could order specific drinks and she said...."I'll be right back". She returns with a tray full of vodka cranberries and NO ONE wanted them. I personally told her to take them back and take everyone's order for what they would like to drink. She left the vodka cranberries on a table and they sat there the entire night. Later on in the evening, our guests asked the server for water. He response..."I don't bring you any water, you can go down stairs and purchase it for $2 a bottle". This is completely unacceptable, however some of the girls went on down and purchased water. The last issue I have is that we were told that to eat dinner there it would be a $50 reservation fee, which would not go towards our final bill. We had had 3 parties there previously of 20+ people and were never charged a reservation fee. We spend upward of $1,500 when we eat (and pay for drinks) for dinner, why charge a fee of $50.

In the past, this has been a great place to go and have fun.....especially with our large group, however we will NOT be going back. I had even considered my bachelorette party there, but that is not going to happen now. Not to mention, this place also completely mis schedule a huge corporate party from my work that was for more than 250 people and a performance group!!!! Didn't even have our party on their schedule!!! We attempted talking to the owner and got no where with him. He issued a $100 gift card to come back there, which we will never use. He also told us that we were lying about the water situation, like who would make up something like that!

Be aware of this place if you are trying to book a party there, they are unorganized, unprofessional, and they WILL NOT give you anything in writing to book your party. There is a reason for that.

• Visited April 2012