“The best local Chinese food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 81 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: Chinese
Libertyville
“The best local Chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Almost strictly carryout so atmosphere and service don't count. But the food, the food, is by far the best. Tops for the standard items like egg rolls, egg foo yung, fried rice, and various soups and appetizers. The specialty dishes are outstanding. Get the picture?

Visited May 2014

Libertyville, IL
“Good take out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

There's only a couple tables to eat at because it's mainly a take out place. They have the best shrimp fried rice, pan fried noodles, and many other things. And they are very generous with the portions they give. You definitely get your money's worth, plus delicious food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Libertyville, Illinois
“Takeout Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This small strip mall establishment consistently offers the most bang for your buck in Chinese cuisine. The food is great - one of the few places that ordering extra spicy gets you extra spicy - and the portions are definitely favorable for the player. Orders over a certain amount earn you an extra egg roll order on the house.

The menu is expansive and the time from order to pick-up is always within reason.

Hong Kong Chop Suey is a winner.

Visited January 2014
Highland Lake County, Indiana
“Watch it . . .You DON'T get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

10/3/2011 was the first time I ordered from this establishment. I stopped by on my way to the hospital which happens to be across the street as a ways to feed my family during my busy schedule.

Upon my arrival at the Hospital I noticed that part of my order was missing. The advertised Monday special General Tso's Chicken was never given to me.

I called back and was first offered a credit, I do not live in the area and after this experience I doubt coming back. I was more than irritated when the female taking the call suggesting I was lying because the entire order was given to me. I told her the establishment was a ripoff and apparently they needed the money more than me, I would not plan on stealing food from anyone, especially on my way to visit my sick father!

Needless to say I am more than disappointed with the treatment received. I would NOT recommend this establishment to anyone!

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Libertyville, Illinois
“I love Hong Kong Chop Suey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We have been going to Hong Kong Chop suey for many years now and it is by far the best chinese food I have ever had in lake co. The owner is very nice and service is fast . They will make your food to any spice level you want. I only wish they had a sit down area, but it is a chinese take out not a restaurant. Please try the mongolian beef or chicken ....... especially my favorite...

• Visited April 2011