“Good Wine & Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Pyrenees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 79 restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 137 and 21
Aiken, South Carolina
“Good Wine & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The owners make your feel welcome and try to ensure a nice dinner event. The food is good but not outstanding. A better head chef would make this restaurant a top choice in the Libertyville area.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
Grayslake, Illinois
“Don't let the location fool you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

A country french retaurant in a suburban strip mall? If you do it right you can pull it off - and this palce does it right. They have an extentsive wine collection - from all over the world - but you want french they have plenty to choose. They have 2 for 1 flights on Friday night which is a good way to taste many different wines (preselected) for a reasonable price. The menu is good without being stuffy. We like the duck quesadilla as an appetizer and sometime we just split a large salad. There main courses are reasonanble price with a nice selection of meat, fish and fowl, but it is not overly expansive. Be sure to check the daily deals menu as they have something different going on every day of the week. The wait staff has been there many years so they know the menu very well. Ask them for advice if you are not sure. Our only complaint is sometimes they get a backed up in the kitchen so they wait for the food can be a little long - but it is always worth the wait.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Bland and not very French”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The atmosphere is nice and I would feel comfortable here in either casual or dressy attire. I had the pork tenderloin with potato gnocchi for $19 and husband had Pasta Pyrenees for $17. Both our dishes were very, very bland. The pork was cooked fine, but the apple cider reduction sauce on my dish was nearly flavorless. The gnocchi was a bit mushy and mealy. The steamed vegetables were overcooked. The pasta dish was pretty much just a boxed rotini with tiny chicken/duck bits lightly coated by a flavorless parmesan cream sauce. We were served 2 rolls, which as others have said seem like store bought frozen things. We had the banana crepe for desert and it was OK. Most of the menu choices did not seem very French to my husband and he lived in Paris for a couple years. I was expecting much better food. The service was very good.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Libertyville, Illinois
“Terrible!! Would never go back! After being loyal customers for 9+ years.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We are local Libertyville residents. We have been going to this restaurant for over 9 years. We followed them from their original restaurant in Vernon Hills. Over the past 2 years the restaurant has been slipping. It started with service then to limited menu down to drinks. The last couple of times we have gone to dinner it has been a total disappointment. The food portions have gotten smaller and prices have gone up. Food was cold and bland. Ordered a cosmo and couldn't even drink it. We sent back to bar and the next was just as bad. The owner Mari stopped by to ask how everything was told not so good and all she could say was sorry, and quickly left the table. We tried it a two more times to the same. Not worth the $!00.00 plus bill. Never again.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mundelein, Illinois
“Seafood was Spoiled and Owner Claimed That It Just Wasn't To My Taste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

When the seafood "special" was served, I was surprised to find it drenched in a soy type sauce. After tasting it, I knew why - they were trying to cover up the fact that the seafood was somewhat spoiled. It left a taste in my mouth that no amount of water, wine, or food would remove - somewhat shocking considering that they try to present themselves as a high-end restaurant.

When I notified the waiter, he brought the wife of the husband/wife owners to our table. She proceeded to try to humiliate me by telling me how great their food is and that once in a while, someone will enter their restaurant who just can't appreciate it. In my 56 years of living, I can honestly say that I have never been treated in such a condescending manner by a restaurant owner, manager, or waiter.

• Visited June 2011