“Very clean room & friendly staff made for a very nice stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Libertyville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1809 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Crosby, Tx
“Very clean room & friendly staff made for a very nice stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

The front desk staff was always pleasant & helpful. The location was very convenient for travel back & forth to the Naval Base. The standard continental breakfast was sufficient. The room was very nice & clean with a built in bench & a built in desk.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

This is an excellent place to stay. The gal at the desk was friendly and sweet. She got me checked in real fast. I even got my credit card receipt up front so I don't have to bother checking out in the morning. The room I stayed in was a King bed, great room. Bonus, she even gave me a room with a mini fridge since it was available. I didn't even have to ask her. I am definitely staying here again since I will be travelling through here a lot the next few months. I definitely recommend this motel. The only downside is the pool is outside so its closed, but otherwise, great stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stayed at this Days Inn for two nights. The rooms look as if they have not been updated since it originally opened. My daughter had little bites all over her legs (bedbugs?) after we stayed there. To top it all off on Sunday morning we were rudely awaken by a very LOUD church service going on in the conference room right next to our room! When I complained to the manager all they offered me was a $25 discount.

I would strongly suggest spending a few extra dollars and staying in the Gurnee area instead of this run-down Days Inn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — run down, loud
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Libertyville, Il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

I live in Libertyville and recently our out of town guests decided to stay at this dump. Within 10 minutes of entering the room they called us asking if they could just stay with us in our home. When I went to pick them up I entered their room. It was totally disgusting. Sticky carpets, smelled bad, filthy bathroom (bodily-fluid stains on the wall! Mold, hairs, dirty towels, TOTALLY GROSS), even the hallway & elevators were nasty.
Libertyville is such a great place to visit. So, please do visit, but DO NOT STAY HERE! The Holiday Inn 1/4 mile down the road is much better. Or stay in one of the hotels in Gurnee, they are close to Libertyville.

• Disliked — Filthy, gross, uninhabitable
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

I've been staying at this location for many years. THis is my "home away from home". Exellent front desk service. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and newly renovated.

• Liked — the staff is very friendly and rooms are very well maintained
  • Disliked — not/applicable
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

This is the worst hotel room that I have ever stayed in while traveling throughout the country for 31 years. It is unexplainable to me how a corporation such as Days Inn would allow a franchisee to hold a franchise license to operate a disgusting hotel, as this one is, under their name.

Highlights of our room (better word is 'lowlights'):
1) Bathroom floor sticky, left-over hair on the floor, fungus on the bathtub walls, shower curtain.
2) Toilet would not flush properly, had to do it 2-3 times.
3) Vanity sink had no drain plug and had bottle caps down it. Sink caulking looked like a child installed it.
4) Windows cracked, 2 chairs upholstery torn, lampshades torn.
5) Disgusting smell in the room. My allergies started acting up whenever entering the room...and would end when we left. So, even the 96 degrees outside were inviting.
6) Coffee machines did not work in the lobby.
7) Desk clerk away from desk.
8) Bathroom towels! Better word is "rags". Grayish and light brown in color, mismatched...look like they were used for something else. (Glad I brought my own). Bath mat had a different logo on it, not Days Inn...name from a third world country, I suspect.
9) Bed covers smelled...for 2 nights I slept on top of the covers and would stay up until I was so tired, before I would lay on the covers to sleep.
10) Elevator smelled and dirty.
11) Artwork on the walls...very funny...used the exact same two pictures for their artwork in the room.
12) Stained and dirty ice bucket, with no bag insert.

This was, by far, the worst place I have ever stayed in 31 years of traveling. It has influenced my decision to not stay, ever again, in a Days Inn, anywhere. And if the holding company does nothing to remove this franchisee from their representation...I will very cautiously review staying at any of their other hotel chains (see Days Inn website for other hotel chain listings).

The only reason I send this is to warn the family vacationers and business public to stay away from this Days Inn located in Libertyville, Illinois. The owners, the parent company should be highly embarrassed by having this place in business as it now is. What an embarrassement to the otherwise beautiful and friendly city of Libertyville. I was so glad to get home and take a shower! Families out there...DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN TO THIS PLACE.

And do not believe the hotel personnel when they say, "Ohh, all of those complaint items you saw on the site have been taken care of." That's what they told us!

• Liked — Check In went fine.
  • Disliked — Room filth, not worth any price discount.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lake Peekskill, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

this place stunk- literally. Service was poor, front desk clerk spent 15 minutes counting change instead of tending to our arrival. Wall paper falling off walls, bathroom had rampant mold , bugs in bed and multiple stains on pillow. walls were paper thin and we heard arguments outside all night long. we wore flip flips in bathroom and ran for our lives in the AM.

Been to Days Inn Libertyville? Share your experiences!