“Always good!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Lemont
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Located on Canal Street two blocks south of Main Street in historic downtown Lemont, Sweetwater Deli is a family-owned market and delicatessen that offers a broad selection of fresh, high quality items, including breads and produce, as well as giardineras, oils, sauces and more. Our deli is stocked with a delicious assortment of luncheon meats, soups and salads. Dine with us and please your palette with a carefully crafted sandwich, made with healthy, wholesome ingredients, served just the way you like it. From the moment you walk through our doors, you will be treated to great food and personalized service, which you no longer find at many of the larger chains. Sweetwater Deli would like to be not just a store you trust, but an integral part of the Lemont community.
Chicago, Illinois
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We visited several times and always enjoyed the food. Keep it mind for take-home, too. It's good food, happy people and fairly priced.

What more would you want?

• Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“A find in Lemont”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had read good reviews here and decided to try it. Brought along my husband, sister, and her boyfriend. We all loved it! Food was very fresh and high quality. They have redone the interior of this old building and it is just charming. The music choice here was soothing and not too loud for conversation. It is a casual, order-at-the- counter deli. They also have take-home items to purchase from a deli case. Very clean! The only thing I did not care for was the way they served the chopped salad that I ordered. It was in a plastic take out container even though we were eating in. That was then placed inside a basket. Very awkward. A plate would have been appreciated. I will go back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CHICAGO
“This place is soooo good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

You wouln't think much of this place when you first walk in. It reminds me of an old neigborhood Italian grocery store from the 50s. However, the food is amazing! They have deli type food- sandwiches, salads, soup, and a little but if pasta. Every sandwich is just so delicious! I'm always so surprised that just a normal samdwich is going to taste so different than any other sandwich shop. But it always does! I recommend the veggie wrap, chicken caesar wrap, grilled cheese, and so much more. They also sell these cookies that, I swear, have the absolute best flavor! They just look like rainbow sprinkles cookies, but they are incredible. I wish I lived closer so I could go here more often!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lemont
“Great Food, Great People, Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I practically live at this place. The food is great and very reasonably priced. Their soup is to die for and Annette will make anything you request even if it's not on the menu. If she has the ingredients she will do it. They also carry Boars Head meat and cheese products and one can taste those high quality products in the sandwiches they make. Sweetwater Deli also has some grocery items so more than once I've grabbed some milk, bread or a couple of vegetables and some fruit to tide me over until I make it to a grocery store. This is the only place my friends and I meet for lunch/early dinner.

Homer Glen, Illinois
“Fantastic food Fantastic service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Our Family just moved out of Lemont, but we have been regulars since the day Sweetwater opened. We have loved every sandwich we have had (i love the reuben panini, my husband loves the Jackwagon) You can't go wrong with the Chopped Salad! I believe the egg salad is better then what I make at home! They know our kid's name and are a true Gem to Lemont! We will continue to visit often!

• Visited April 2012