“wonderful place to spend a day!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Le Roy
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“wonderful place to spend a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels I have found in the area. So very clean and cozy. The location is great for traveling and easy access off and on the highway. A nice place to eat is within walking distance and has good food at fair prices. Check my other reviews to find out about it!! The rooms are super quiet and great value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lena F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Le Roy, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you Glendale215 for your comment on TripAdvisor. Reviews like yours are great to see and show the staff to let them know that their hard work is noticed! I hope to see you in the future so I can thank you personally!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Everything about this hotel as far as accomodations was terrific. Well lit and kept grounds, excellent service at front desk, efficient and knowledgable. Room was spacious and clean, good cable selection and comfortable beds. Chair had a stain and was a bit beat but seemed clean overall including bathroom. Extra amenities, breakfast and vending are plentiful and good.
The BAD. Location is near the freeway and if you have a room which faces the freeway, you will hear semitractor trucks roaring all nite long. I got zero sleep and it was not relaxing at all. My recommendation to hotel is to fill up rooms on non freeway side first and then discount on rooms which face the freeway. Despite great location and amenities, would not recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room on opposite side of hotel that faces freeway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Le Roy, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear John s,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's great to hear that you liked our hotel facility, quality of room accommodations and excellent front office staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the noise. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Lucky for us most Hotels in the Bloomington/Normal area were sold out for the State Cheerleading Competition. We booked this Hotel as the nearest we could find. Located right off the expressway,we were at the US Cellular Collesium within 20 mins. The Hotel was spotlessly clean,quite,amenity filled & reasonably priced. When we got back in the evening there were even fresh-baked cookies waiting!
The breakfast in the AM was very nice & the attendant was Superior in servicing it.
They might want to look into a way of printing up directions though. We received some poor hand-written & oral directions.

Room Tip: They do allow pets,& we had a barking dog in the room next to us,so if you are bothered by that...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Carol B. Thank you for your post and such positive review! Each one of our staff members take pride in working here at the hotel, and every time the Cheerleading competition is here we do receive some overflow of rooms from the Bloomington/Normal Market. I hope that you do choose to stay with us, and just as you mentioned about the directions, we will definitely consider printing some a head of time so we can make it clear exactly where you are going as well as any other guest that is not familiar with the area. Thank you again!
Thunder Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Arrived at the hotel just before sunset -- good check in - very friendly and helpful -- room well appointed and clean -- bathroom had a little night light which is rather nice so getting up during the night the choice is not either complete darkness or blinding light -- shower pressure a little light but ok -- bed comfortable and good temperature control in the room -- coffee available 24 / 7 -- breakfast was typical holiday inn - couple of warm items and couple of cold -- this am was a biscuits and gravy -- not a huge fan of same -- al in all a god stay -- rarely have a bad one at the holiday inn express

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post. We do try to keep every Holiday Inn Express as similar as possible to make sure each experience you have where ever you are across the country you can count on reliable and friendly services! Thank you again for some of our local amenities that we take pride in with details to make your stay even that much more enjoyable. I look forward to seeing you in the future!
Benicia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

After a 13 hour drive, my wife and I stopped at this standard HIE. When pulling back the covers to get into bed we discovered a dirty, used, tissue in the bed. It was disgusting. We called the front desk and were offered $20 off our room.
If we hadn't been completely exhausted we would have left. However, the second queen bed was clean and we slept , albeit reluctantly in that one .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chris W. I am sorry to hear of your experience here at out hotel. I personally take pride in what I do here and all the staff does as well. I am glad something was done for you, and apologize for the inconvenience it had to have been to make sure things were perfect in the other bed in the room. If you are travel through again, please give us a call as I know we can give you the service and rooms you deserve.
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I probably would not have stopped at this hotel in the small town of Le Roy IL but I was exhausted from a long drive and it was 1am. I had a good experience at a Holiday Inn express in St. Louis Mo so I thought I would give it a try. I do a 10 point inspection when entering a motel/Hotel room, I check the mattress, mattress cover, the sheets, pillows, lamps, shower head etc. I found NOTHING wrong with any of these things. The beds were spotless! I was pleasantly surprised, The bed was very comfortable, more so than The Hampton beds I usually sleep on. I would have had an amazing nights sleep IF the people above me would have not gotten up several times that night. I called front desk, he said he checked it out but did not hear anything. Then at 6:30 am someone was drying something in the dryer and it was clanging around, which woke me up and kept me awake. I again called front desk but was told laundry room hours were 24 hours, which I think should be changed. I was a little cranky and disappointed I did not get to have a full nights rest before continuing my long drive. Breakfast was not very tasty BUT the older lady who worked the breakfast room was so very sweet that I enjoyed my breakfast anyway, my boys and I just loved her.
I would stay here again if I could get a top floor room not next to the 24 hour laundry. I really was impressed with the beds and the bathrooms were beautiful. My son kept telling me mom the bathroom is granite!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor away from the laundry room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you wifeymac for your post. I do hope you stop through again and when you do, just like your post, please ask for the 3rd floor. We will be more than happy to put this note in your profile so you will not have to remember to do so when you stop in at our hotel! Thank you again and I am glad to also hear the staff in the breakfast room took well care of you!
Cary, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Le Roy, IL the 27th and 28th of Sept. We arrived at 3pm on Friday and were thrilled that all the reservations for the night were neatly lined up awaiting guests. We got our room assignment immediately and as HI priority club members were received a free pack of cookies and a bottle of water which was a nice touch. The room was super clean and non-smoking as we requested. The breakfast in the morning was good with hot pancakes, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, eggs & sausage and all the cold items that you would normally find on the buffet. Everything was refilled immediately as it was depleted. Our room was on the 3rd floor quiet and the A/C worked great and was easy to control. The only problem we had was that our key cards wouldn’t swipe and had to be adjusted twice. We did hear a dog barking in the hall way Sunday morning which wasn’t pleasant. This hotel is conveniently located between Champaign and Bloomington/Normal.
We will definitely return to the HI Express in Le Roy!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Le Roy? Share your experiences!