“Dirty tissue in the bed” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Le Roy
Benicia, California
“Dirty tissue in the bed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

After a 13 hour drive, my wife and I stopped at this standard HIE. When pulling back the covers to get into bed we discovered a dirty, used, tissue in the bed. It was disgusting. We called the front desk and were offered $20 off our room.
If we hadn't been completely exhausted we would have left. However, the second queen bed was clean and we slept , albeit reluctantly in that one .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lena F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Le Roy, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Chris W. I am sorry to hear of your experience here at out hotel. I personally take pride in what I do here and all the staff does as well. I am glad something was done for you, and apologize for the inconvenience it had to have been to make sure things were perfect in the other bed in the room. If you are travel through again, please give us a call as I know we can give you the service and rooms you deserve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I probably would not have stopped at this hotel in the small town of Le Roy IL but I was exhausted from a long drive and it was 1am. I had a good experience at a Holiday Inn express in St. Louis Mo so I thought I would give it a try. I do a 10 point inspection when entering a motel/Hotel room, I check the mattress, mattress cover, the sheets, pillows, lamps, shower head etc. I found NOTHING wrong with any of these things. The beds were spotless! I was pleasantly surprised, The bed was very comfortable, more so than The Hampton beds I usually sleep on. I would have had an amazing nights sleep IF the people above me would have not gotten up several times that night. I called front desk, he said he checked it out but did not hear anything. Then at 6:30 am someone was drying something in the dryer and it was clanging around, which woke me up and kept me awake. I again called front desk but was told laundry room hours were 24 hours, which I think should be changed. I was a little cranky and disappointed I did not get to have a full nights rest before continuing my long drive. Breakfast was not very tasty BUT the older lady who worked the breakfast room was so very sweet that I enjoyed my breakfast anyway, my boys and I just loved her.
I would stay here again if I could get a top floor room not next to the 24 hour laundry. I really was impressed with the beds and the bathrooms were beautiful. My son kept telling me mom the bathroom is granite!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor away from the laundry room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you wifeymac for your post. I do hope you stop through again and when you do, just like your post, please ask for the 3rd floor. We will be more than happy to put this note in your profile so you will not have to remember to do so when you stop in at our hotel! Thank you again and I am glad to also hear the staff in the breakfast room took well care of you!
Cary, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Le Roy, IL the 27th and 28th of Sept. We arrived at 3pm on Friday and were thrilled that all the reservations for the night were neatly lined up awaiting guests. We got our room assignment immediately and as HI priority club members were received a free pack of cookies and a bottle of water which was a nice touch. The room was super clean and non-smoking as we requested. The breakfast in the morning was good with hot pancakes, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, eggs & sausage and all the cold items that you would normally find on the buffet. Everything was refilled immediately as it was depleted. Our room was on the 3rd floor quiet and the A/C worked great and was easy to control. The only problem we had was that our key cards wouldn’t swipe and had to be adjusted twice. We did hear a dog barking in the hall way Sunday morning which wasn’t pleasant. This hotel is conveniently located between Champaign and Bloomington/Normal.
We will definitely return to the HI Express in Le Roy!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Me and my SO and our daughte had actually stayed in this hotel for 6 weeks straight(we dix not pay to stay the loves compnay did).He was trasnfered to mansger at Loves travel stop tire shop. It was a nice stay I actuall kind of miss it. The employees was very driendly and very nice to my daughter one actually gave her stickers and she loved that. They checked to see if our room needed anything once or twice a day and if we wad gone they came in and cleaned for us. The pool was nice but the water had a horrible smell. Didn't much care for the town or the state. Was unable to find a home or a job so we had to end up coming back to ohio. And yes we occasionly herd a few rude guest that was staying there. Didnt really care I had to pay to do my laundry. I mean dont you make enough profit with charging120 a night. And trust I was there for 6 weeks so I know and have seen how much business you get. So cut the charge to wash clothes. And fix the key lock on the laundry room. Loved our room we had room 320.

• Stayed June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Using this hotel as a lay over when traveling is a terrible mistake. They allowed a loud group of people to use a community room on the first floor right outside the front desk area. When we complained to the manager after 11:00pm because they were keeping us up, he replied "Ya, I was thinking about doing something about that". We finally got to bed when the noise stopped after midnight. Their commercials want you to believe by staying there you will wake up refreshed, we just woke up tired and crabby. Not the best way to travel the next day when we spent $120.00 so we would feel refreshed. When we complained to corporate about our experience, we got the old "thanks for bringing that to our attension and we will forward that to the proper people so we can see if we can try to prevent it from happening again". Save your money and drive to Bloomington to one of the other hotels there. Much better and safer traveling value.

Room Tip: Best tip is to just keep driving.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Le Roy, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Tim L,

I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I can understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on delivering our guests a great experience at all times and I would like you to rest assured that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and rest assured your comments have been shared accordingly.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Henderson, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stopped overnight while traveling through Illinois and found this Holiday Inn Express to be a convenient location for the weary traveler. I found it is only 3 1/2 years old, and although somewhat nicely decorated, it lacked some of the more "upscale" features of other newer Holiday Inn Express hotels. The first things we noticed is the lobby smelled a little "musty" and the carpet in the elevator carpet was loose and bubbled up in the middle. Upon entering our room - which by the way be sure not to get a room on the back side of the hotel as you face something like a power station and hear all the interstate traffic - we noticed it was a little cramped. I think the big chair in the corner took up too much space. Verified by the front desk clerk, you only get one small bar of soap in the bathroom for the sink and the shower, BUT you do get two bath mats! Light bulbs were burned out, which I reported to the front desk. The breakfast was fairly good, but they were out of the sausage gravy before 8 a.m. and by the time more was brought out, we had finished eating (Probably 15-20 minutes). The hotel was clean and the staff friendly but it did need some attention to small details ( fixing the elevator rug, ensuring there is plenty of food available, room lights work, etc.) All in all, I would visit again with the hope they "cleaned up their act".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Le Roy, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear kentucky101,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel and found the staff friendly. On the other hand, I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Willmar, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Newer HI Express in Le Roy (pop. 3,581). Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. AC worked fine. Breakfast pretty standard w/rolls, bacon, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, packaged omelets, and a fresh pancake machine (note: no fresh fruit for some reason?). Note: Ate at Jack's cafe down the road. OK for small town but pretty standard fare, nothing special. Can get wine and beer though.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Le Roy? Share your experiences!