“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Le Roy
Rogers
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel was very clean and quiet. Would stay there anytime! Pool was good, not very warm. Front desk staff was friendly. Had plates and napkins for us when we ordered pizza. The lemonade seemed like it may have been out a while. Overall I would say this was a good hotel and would stop here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family was recently driving from WI to FL and needed a place for a quick overnight stay. We normally get a little further before stopping but had to wait for our son to get out of school. We've never stayed in Le Roy, IL before and didn't know what hotels were available. Thanks for smartphone technology I located the Holiday Inn Express in Le Roy where we pulled off for the night.

We checked in a little after 11pm so the lobby was fairly quiet. My son began to cough as I was completing the paperwork and without pausing, the front desk clerk reached down and grabbed him a bottle of water and offered it to him. I was touched by her offer of hospitality that we hadn't even asked for.

Our room was clean, spacious and quiet. The mattresses were comfortable and even though we had to roll out early the next morning, I felt rested for the long day of driving ahead. A good night's sleep makes such a difference when you're on a roadtrip!

The breakfast was hot and good with plenty of options. Eggs, sausage patties and links and bacon along with their very tasty cinnamon rolls. Yum. The cinnamon rolls alone are worth staying at HIE if you happen to have a sweet tooth. (Guilty!)

The price was right, the breakfast filling, the room comfortable and quiet. I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a room for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night. The front desk attendants (both evening and morning) were great. Very friendly and helpful. Our room was beautifully decorated and very clean. Huge gorgeous bathroom. The beds were wonderful - very firm (which I like) but very comfortable. They had 2 types of pillows on each bed, clearly marked on each pillow, firm or soft. The breakfast spread was impressive. The usual beverages of coffee, milk, and juices, biscuits and gravy (which I did not care for, but my mom liked them), sweet rolls, yogurt, bagels, eggs, bacon, pancakes, cereal, fruit...I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but we left happy and full! Other people mentioned having issues, but we did not experience any of those. As we have family in Farmer City and go there once a year, this will be our hotel of choice from now on (the 2 in Farmer City are AWFUL!).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here on the strength of 4.5 stars on Tripadvisor and our expectations were high ... And we were dissapointed. First the positives, the front desk staff was attentive and fast at check-in. The location is convenient between Champaign and Bloomington, and reasonable priced. Now the dissapointments. Navigating to the hotel is a bit confusing, and the parking lot is on the smaller sized. As a "Platinum" member, there was no (obvious) attempt to upgrade our room. Breakfast was a bit dissapointing. OJ tasted "watered down" compared to others, and muffins were stale (yesterday's). Room had a strong disinfectant smell (worse than most), but on a positive note the windows open fully. Hall noise seemed louder than many other HI Express's. Atention to detail: breakfast area wall obviously had something hanging at one point but the holes have not been fixed. Bathroom walls had dirt near the floor. No shelf in shower to hold soap. I just expect more for a $100 per night 5 star on the freeway.

Room Tip: To minimize road and room noise, ask for 3rd floor non-freeway side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

A "Trip Advisor 2011" decal is displayed on the door of this hotel, confirming the positive reviews which led me to reserve a room in one of our many trips through this area. My conclusion after a recent stay is that the kudos are to a degree undeserved.

On the positive side, when entering the lobby there is a sign on the desk giving instructions how to summon help if the desk is unattended. In the room itself, I was immediately impressed with the quality of the lighting. The desk, floor, and nightstand lamps were more than up to the task to providing reading light and suffusing the area with a soft white glow. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Unfortunately, only at check out did I encounter an employee who had a pleasant, professional demeanor. The initial greeter did apologize for not being at the desk, but she seemed harried and had a pro forma attitude about service. The worst I saw, though, was from the breakfast area attendant. Not once did I hear her greet anyone or make eye contact with a large family group who were obviously, but courteously, trying to get her attention.

As for the breakfast itself, there were some issues. Fresh fruit consisted of four over-ripe bananas. The orange juice had not been stirred; it took some time with the spigot running to get more than an orangeade. Also, there were no bagels, though there were plenty of sweet rolls as well as biscuits and gravy, yogurt (but no granola), two types of eggs (boiled and scrambled).

There were problems with the room: On the second floor, we heard every footstep from above. It was not only the noise but the rattling caused by the footsteps, which were not in and of themselves unduly loud. There is just minimal soundproofing, it seems. Then there is the bathroom door, which did not clear the floor. Opening and closing it required a great deal of effort and produced considerable noise. This is not something that came up during our stay. I wonder why it had not been fixed. Another bathroom point: The tub is slippery and there is only one safety bar, placed near the faucet for entry and exit. I guess a bath would be out of the question for anyone who needed a firm hold to get up out of the tub.

Internet connection was not as outlined on the card and when I figured out an alternate procedure, the connection did not hold. At breakfast, I noted some business travelers discussing the same problem.

My experience with Holiday Inn has been limited. Based on my experience with this hotel, I will consider further association with caution.

Room Tip: Maybe a top-floor room would obviate the noise-from-above problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RyanHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Le Roy, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your reflections of our hotels performance and amenities are being taken into strong consideration on our continuing effort to make every guest stay better with each returning visit.

In the time since your stay with us we have added additional wireless routers throughout the hotel to better the signal strength of our internet and are already receiving positive feedback in strength of connection and speed. We appreciate your response about the slippery condition within the bathtubs as well and we are adding additional traction control for the floor surfaces within the tubs and showers.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with our property and with our brand and thank you for letting us know of the areas that we can improve, we promise not to let your review go without action on our end.
Paducah, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I overnighted there and there is nothing to complain about. The property is fairly new and very well maintained. The room was spotless along with the hallways, lobby, and breakfast area. The breakfast area is a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. There are several restaurants within a short distance from the hotel. For an extra $20 Fido can stay.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be about the same. There is a truck stop across the parking lot and I h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The hotel is clean, modern, comfortable and well managed. The furnishings in the rooms were new and slightly upscale for a HIE property. The King Size Bedroom Suite was spacious, clean and well appointed. The pool was a nice relief after a long day at the office. It is for the most part quiet but some of the rear facing rooms will experience some engine braking noise from the highway at the off ramp.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Le Roy? Share your experiences!