“Cozy & Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Cozy & Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Drove off the highway during inclement weather, happen to spot this hotel nestled behind a few buildings. Front desk check in was very pleasant (one of my biggest pet peaves is a bad check in) and breakfast in the morning was more than I expected. Overall a warm and inviting place. Would definitely reccomend

Room Tip: Get the king suite its nice and cozy with a desk area!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We are delighted to hear that our staff treated you well during your visit. Thank you for the recommendation to other travelers. We appreciate your business and the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Calene Echevarria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok never been here before didn't check reviews. Looking for something close. Extremely impressed with room and surrounding very comfy. I did receive excellent customer service. I had a great night. Overall would recommend to all. I will be back!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal. We have worked really hard over the course of the year to offer guests newly painted rooms, updated bedding, and flat screen televisions in all rooms. You must come back and see our newly add Marketplace. Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is an average hotel, that's what you get.
Check-in was swift. Not much around the hotel other than an LA Fitness, which is a below average establishment, when comparing to LA Fitness's all over the country.
If you need to be in Lansing, then I'd suggest this hotel. If you are flexible, try looking for another hotel in one of the neighboring towns.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Calene Echevarria-GM
Thionville, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed a week for work. Located in Lansing near Torrence avenue.
located close to tri-state highway, without much noise of it
service is friendly & efficient
nice breakfast, included, compared to other hotels of this type & price... fresher fruits would be appreciated, but there are some of them
pool
clean rooms
block not interesting, you need to go North to Oak River to find some restaurants & shops (go to Marina Thaï!).. no restaurant in the hotel ou nearby
the sport room is really... small...
the laundry service is expensive, would be good to have laundry machines...

Good hotel, but a little expensive for what it offers, and its location...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding our hotel. While pointing out a number of positive aspects of our hotel, you also provided us with your thoughts in regard to some items we need to improve on. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services for our guests.

Please visit us again,
Calene Echevarria-GM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place has some great points and some not so great. first, the good: good internet - solid signal and data transfer rate, OK location, quiet rooms, work desk and light were fine, TV is actually quite a nice set, though it did not improve the quality of the shows available. Breakfast was OK, and the buffet was well tended to.

there is a 'office center' which is a computer and printer. helpful, but it is right in the lobby and the screen is showing to anyone in the area so there is no privacy.

Next, the not quite as good. After leaving the front lobby, there was an aroma in more than one of the halls. In my room there was a large sticky area which had been there for a while as was apparent by the layers of stuff on top of it. There was another area which had a spill but likely was older since it was not still sticky. My wife would not have considered this acceptable. I was too tired to complain.

Bathroom was small, but not quite impossible to manuver. A large person could be inconvenienced. Shower was OK, but the temperature control was not very predictable. When i moved the valve a small bit there was no change in temperature - even after a 5 second count, the typical time for the change to take place. then I made another small movement and the change was very dramatic, going to very hot from somewhat cool. not a huge deal, but keep on the alert if you change temperature while in the shower.

This is a slightly higher price hotel, about 125/night with taxes added in. I know i got a 'deal' for the room. There are less expensive hotels right in the area.

another item is the check in. not a complete negative, but is something that i have seen occur far too often. when i was checking in, there were people in the lobby - which is a rather small lobby area. the check in person announced my room number out loud and more than loud enough for everyone in the area to hear. as i was travelling alone, if anyone heard the room number and had nefarious ideas they could have known where i was going to be all night. as a male, this was not as much of a problem, but this is not a good piece of information to be sharing with a group of people in the general public.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for you feedback. Your review is appreciated along with your helpful comments of things we can do to improve our guest experiences. Since your review I have reiterated with my front desk staff the importance of not saying room numbers out loud . I do hope the next time you are in the area you consider staying with us again.

Fulton, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family and I recently stayed the night in June 2012 on our way home from vacation in Michigan. I normally am very happy with my stay at a Comfort Suites but this Comfort Suites was way off the mark. It was an outdated motel that stuck the Comfort Suites logo on the front of the hotel and it was crooked at that. I have stayed at numerous Comfort Suites around the country and this one was the worst. The bed linens were dirty and gross, the beds were old and very uncomfortable, the floor in our room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in days and the bathtub had a dirty washcloths. So very disappointed in this Comfort Suites. Plus the nightly rate was very high for this motel...$139. I found this price to high for the service and the room we got. The morning breakfast was very edible either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
First of all thank you for your feedback. I always appreciate hearing from our guests. I am sorry that you did not find your stay enjoyable. Please know that I have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping and maintenance staff. Thank you for taking time to help us better serve our guests.

Mishawaka, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Where to begin. My husband and I were coming up to the Hammond/Dyer/Chicago area this past weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary and for him to bowl a few tournaments. We called about a week in advance and spoke with Nicole on the phone and told her this was why were coming up and needed to stay at the property. She gave us a 15% discount for the room and we were suppose to get an email comfirmation. We never did. We checked in Friday after being up since 3:45am that morning, both my husband and I worked that day and had been in the car for six hours traveling on 94 from Michigan. Carlos was the desk attendant with no name tag, we found his name out after he checked us in. He seemed to be overwhelmed by having two guests to check in. The guest in front of us was asked for her license number on the car and I told my husband to go see what ours was to speed up the check in process. He overhead what I said to my husband and said, "Oh you have your license number can I have it?" He completely ignored the guest he was checking in. She seemed pretty angry by his behavior. We probably waited about 20 minutes before we were checked in. We get into our room finally and I notice right away there is a huge bleach stain on the blanket. My husband let Carlos know about it and Carlos' response was only " its cosmetic" nothing to worry about. We also told him we didn't have a bath mat for our shower and he said we would get one and extra towels and it would be ready for us when we got back. We arrived back at about 12:00am after Friday's tournament and there were no replacements in our room and we had to call the desk to have some brought up. We had some leftover food to put away and I opened the mini fridge door and about threw up. It was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!! There was caked on dark brown/black dirt on the bottom of the fridge and side door. (Pictures of that included at the bottom) We showed the front desk auditor the dirt. He apologized and asked if we wanted it cleaned up now. At this point its 12:30am and my husband and I have to be up at 6:45am to get ready for tournaments for the next 2 days. We did not have time to wait for him to clean it up. He then said well I can move you to a different room, again we have to be up early there is no way we are moving all of our stuff including the 200 pounds in bowling balls my husband brought. He again apologized and we asked if a manager would be there the next day, he said yes and he would make a note of everything. Also to include him "moving" us to another room, he told a guest at 12:00am when we came in he had no availability left. So how in an half hours span did he have a cancellation? The next morning, I asked to speak with the manager before we went to the tournament. We dealt with Nicole with no name tag as well. Also the gentleman working with her did not have one either. Anyway I spoke with Nicole about the problems we had and she said she saw all of them written down in the book. She told me when I asked for the manager that the manager would not be in until Monday even though the night auditor told us she would be in Saturday. Nicole told us that the way everything was handled was by the "handbook", but apparently common sense is not in there. Why you might ask, because if you know your guests have traveled all day and not rested, they are not going to want to be moved in the middle of the night when they have to get up early. The appropriate thing any of the hotel staff should have been was say, Mr. & Mrs. we are so sorry for the problems you are experiencing, if you would like us to clean the fridge in the morning and get your amenities to you we will do so with no problem and if you would like we could put you in a different room tomorrow at your leisure. But I guess that is too much to ask for, especially at $218 for two nights. Nicole also told me that there was a cancellation in that time period and that they also keep an "extra" room for situations like ours. Another question I have is: "Why should I know how in depth the hotel policies are when I'm vacation with my husband?" How could I have known that's what their standard operating procedure is? Also she said they keep rooms until 7am the next day. I have worked for a hotel and ran the night audit and there is no way they keep rooms until 7am. If the guest doesn't show by a certain time then the room is given away and the credit card is charged on file. She was quite curt and snippy at this point and I flat out told her I was beyond angry. She then had the nerve to say well I can only discount the room for $20 more from last nights stay but not for tonight's because you already have the 15% off discount and it won't allow for more than one discount. At first I was going to take it but she then said once I do this the manager with no do anymore for you. So I told her I would speak to the manager about it and she took my phone number. She then asked if my husband and I were going to check out and I told her no because we had to be at the bowling center in 25 minutes, but I expected when I came back for lunch that the mini fridge be clean. I talked over with my husband the horrible service we received from Comfort Suites and him and I decided to check out a day early. I called Nicole and told her promptly after calling 7 times with no answer to tell her that we were going to check out early sometime between 1 to 1:30 because my husband's tournament maybe not be over until then. She then said, well if you check out after 1pm you will be charged an additional $20 for a late check out fee even though we explained the situation to them. You would think after all the negative and troubling things this property put my husband and I through they could at least being accommodating with the check out because according to Nicole they can always "sell" rooms, but I guess not. We arrived after my husband's first block of the tournament checked out, and I asked to have a receipt, the other attendant with no name tag had to ask Nicole how to print out our receipt. Talk about being trained properly. In addition to all this, they did clean the room while we were gone. My husband's watch, tank top, and shorts were missing and again the staff was too apathetic to care. So if you decide to stay at this property and your regular according to Nicole they have no problems but if you are new and needing to have a clean room and good customer service well forget it, because all you will get is excuses and "handbook" jargon and how the operating procedures of the hotel work. My husband and I basically had a ruined anniversary weekend, don't stay here, you won't get the convenience you need and have to scramble to find a hotel in a 50 miles hotel booked area.

Room Tip: Room 201 has extensive water damage on the door and the closet door. Its about 3 inches thick and t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We are truly sorry that you have left our hotel with such a bad impression. We appreciate that you have taken time to review us. Since speaking with you about your stay, please know that we have addressed your concerns. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to help us better serve our guests.

Been to Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing? Share your experiences!