“Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We got the room through a 3rd party website and got a really good deal on it. The pictures made it look much nicer than it was though. The front door was locked and the lady behind the desk was behind a gate, which scared me. It made me feel like the hotel wasn't safe. The security door right by our room did not lock. ANYONE could waltz right in to the hotel through that door, which defeats the lock on the lobby doors. 2 separate nights we came back to our rooms and our keys didn't work. We had to walk all the way back to the lobby multiple times before the lady from the front desk had to come up. The bathroom was cold. We had to turn the heat way up in the room and open the bathroom door so that it could warm up. We loved the little kitchen in the room however. It was very convenient. All in all we got a clean room to sleep in at night, but I definitely wouldn't pay full price for the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

It's an okay to good size for the price. Don't let pictures fool you. This location is outdated. smelt like they were running a drug hotel.. nothing but strong odors of marijuana. we had prepaid for 2 nights. luckily they let us cancel one evening and get our $$ back. We drove a couple more exits to the residence inn in hammond. much more nicer and family friendly.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We took our daughter to Midway airport and had to stay the night to pick her up the next day from flight to Reno, NV.

The room was clean, liked the little kitchen area there.

What I didn't like was their staff left like 10 or 11 at night. I feel there should always be someone there for guest safety!

Guest comfort and Safety are rule #1in the hotel/motel business.
Watch "Hotel Impossible" and learn something. ...

• Stayed June 2013
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have stayed at The Extended Stay Chicago Lansing several times. I would recommend this hotel to stay while on vacation or just to get away. It was under construction but I couldn't tell. It was very quiet, the room was very clean. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Southfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Only one person at this hotel was professional, I wish I knew his name. Everyone else was rude. Make sure you ask if the 3rd floor is still under construction if you want to relax, because they surely do not tell youup front. Besides the leftover kitty food and the cigarette holes in the blanket, its pretty clean,

• Stayed December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had relatives visiting from FL for a funeral , and booked them at Red Roof Inn,,,BIG MISTAKE!! The room should be shut down, it filthy and reaked of smoke.
I called Javier at Extended Stay next door and he assured me that he could help. Javier went above and beyond to get our family into a clean and safe room. The room was clean and very nice, our relatives enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Reservation was made via Hotels.com. Upon late arrival to the hotel, the lobby was closed. Lobby closes at 11pm and there is no way to enter except to pick up a telephone outside the entrance. Hotel clerk answered and would not allow me in because she said they were 100% booked even though I had a valid reservation. Another guest at the hotel made an attempt to open the door for me & the clerk banged and yelled for him to step away from the door.

I contacted Hotels.com and told them the situation. They made many attempts to contact the hotel and the clerk didn't answer the phone. I literally watched her, through the glass door, ignoring the call. Horrible customer service, horrible location, horrible policy and no money or occupancy from me.

Never again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing? Share your experiences!