“Scam - Stolen Linen” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
Harrison Twp, Michigan
“Scam - Stolen Linen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am a professional engineer that travels frequently. This hotel called me after I checked out to tell me that the linen was missing from the room after I checked out. They told me that I would be charged. I thought it was a joke. Have contacted my credit charge company to dispute the claim. Contacted Sleep Inn nationally to alert them of the claim. Was billed $150 for linens that either someone else pilfered or is an internal scam.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am truly sorry that you have left our hotel with such a bad impression. I appreciate that you have taken time to review us. Since speaking with you about your stay, please know that I have addressed your concerns and your credit card has been credited back the full amount. Although our staff tries, sometimes miscommunication happens between departments and unfortunately that is what happened here. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to help us better serve our guests.

Calene Echevarria-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

After traveling all night I was in need of a hotel room for some sleep until reaching my destination. I had previously driven this same route and stayed at this Sleep Inn so decided to stay here again. I called the hotel 3hours before my arrival to make sure they had availability since I hadn't previously made a reservation. I was told that there were plenty of open rooms because it was a "slow night" and that I would be allowed to check in early. When arriving I noticed a rather empty parking lot so assumed checking in would be no problem. To my unpleasant surprise i was DENIED checking in because it was "TOO EARLY" and "NO ROOMS WOULD BE AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER 3PM". I explained that I had just called 3hours prior to my arrival and was told by the agent at that time that I would be allowed to check in. Also explained that just a few months ago in April I did the same exact thing and the young lady working the desk at the time checked me in without any issues. The rather cocky woman at the desk said she didn't know why the night clerk said it would be ok since the policy there is check in at 3pm. She later proceeded to say that I can check in early only with a fee. I asked if hotel policy had changed within the last few months and she said no it has always been in effect. I asked if I can speak to a manager to have a waiver on this fee and she said she WAS the sales manager. She wasn't wearing a nametag and I didn't bother asking her name because at this time I was very irrate. I mentioned that other hotels don't charge a fee for checking in early and she very boldly told me that there were other hotels in the area and that I was welcomed to try and check into one of those. Needless to say, they only want the business if you are willing to pay more money and so I didn't stay here and not because of the fee but simply because this arrogant person working the desk does not know how to talk to or how to welcome customers. There was no sympathy even after explaining that I had been driving all night. Her only goal was to charge more money. I will be going along this driving route again in december and won't even think twice about stopping at this place. You need some friendly agents working with the public in this type of industry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences. I am very concerned with the way this situation was handled. My front desk staff has not been trained to reponse to guests in this manner. Please know additional training has been given to ensure proper handling with early check ins. I do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Calene Echevarria-GM

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My room was very comfortable, clean, and relaxing. I have no complaints. Everything was in working order and I don't believe you could find a better hotel at this price. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal and we are happy we reached that goal with your stay. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Calene Echevarria-GM
Van Horne, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I travel for business quite a bit and so I like to stay at places that make living on the road as enjoyable as possibe. I find a nice place and I will revisit. I won't do that here. The fitness center treadmill belt needs adjusting but there is a boflex machine and a bike that work. My room had no fridge or microwave. On extended stays these things are a must for me. The room was ok but nothing out of the ordinary. The desk staff was friendly. There are so many hotels in the area or a short drive away that you have many choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
First of all thank you for your feedback. I always appreciate hearing from our guests. I am sorry that you did not find your stay enjoyable. Please know that I have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping and maintenance staff. Thank you for taking time to help us better serve our guests.
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I travel to Chicago frequently for business. This particular hotel was "sub-par" to say the least. I had my first encounter with a Chicagoland roach in this place. It was crawling on the chair in my room. My shower door was broken and could not be closed when I was in it. The biggest headache of all.....the toilet was stopped up and overflowed. The best thing about this place was the night Manager who was very nice and friendly. He actually came up and cleaned the messed caused by the overflow. Give this gentleman a raise!!!!

Room Tip: As information......There are no good resteraunts nearby. Plan on having dinner in downtown Chicago...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for the misfortune you experienced while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you that this is not the normal quality we offer guests who stay with us. Let me assure you we take your concerns seriously, and will address them immediately. Feedback, positive or otherwise is our best barometer of the experience we are providing for our guests. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide a great stay for you in the future.

Calene Echevarria-General Manager
Denham Springs, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

It was clean and the bed was comfortable but nothing in our room worked. the bathroom was tiny and had only a very small shower--no tub! We had a small refrigerator-it didn't work. Our phone didn't work. We tried to call for a wake up call and discovered the phone had no dial tone. We set the alarm clock , which had no knob for the volumn control and was set on loud! Luckily we woke up early because the alarm clock didn't work either! There are no microwaves--anywhere. Not in the room or even in the breakfast room. They served cold biscuits and there was no way to warm them.
There is one computer for the guests to use but no printer! If you need directions you have to ask the front desk to look it up and print it for you.
The staff was friendly.
It's not like the place is dirt cheap.. We paid $100 a night after taxes. We were not expecting the Ritz, but we were expecting better that what we got.

Stayed April 2012
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Friendly staff at the front desk, very welcoming. The hotel is older but they are upgrading new flat screens and paint in the rooms. Good value for the money. Beds were comfortable , linens were good and clean . Breakfast was a smaller type of continental , not a large selection. Good for a one night stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing? Share your experiences!