“Worst place to stay avoid this hotel ” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2450 East 173rd Street, Lansing, IL 60438   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
Monee, Illinois
“Worst place to stay avoid this hotel ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The management are rude and unhelpful. The rooms were nasty and they never replaced your towels. Had to go to front desk to get towels, them they would give you old towels that were thin. The police stayed around the hotel constantly because of the behavior of some of the guests. But the owners and management's attitude and behavior will keep me away and I will tells others to do the same.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel after reading some positive reviews here. After my sleepless night sat at this hotel, I did not have an option to select ZERO start rating, hence giving one star. Very smoky, uncomfortable room and dirty linens. If you check all the reviews on this hotel, you either see 5 stars or 1 star. I am posting some photos of the room I took, be a judge yourself and you will quickly find out how authentic are those 5-stars reviews and who is really posting those. Good luck if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff is Very friendly, My room is in excellent condition, the price is great, and they even have a laundry facility. I really have enjoyed my stay here! I have experienced 0 problems and my pet stayed for free! I will always make this Red Roof my first choice.

• Stayed May 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Confirmation# 55070SB001018 Stay between 04/24/2015-04/26/2015 This was by far the absolute worst Hotel experience I have ever had. At check in they lied and said I cancelled my stay even after I showed my confirmation. They then said my credit card was declined which I had not given them.(I then used said card that was "declined to pay???) Then they said I was there earlier and cancelled in person??? All proved untrue!!! They finally after a bad argument mysteriously found a room and blamed everything on me booking it through TRIP ADVISOR and proceeded to charge me more than my confirmation email total that I showed them. The non smoking room they gave my brother and I was completely filthy and had been smoked in severely it smelled absolutely gross and there was a large used ashtray in it. The towels were very dirty/ looked used. The King bed was broken on the left side so when you tried to lay on it, it collapsed! The bed sheets had burn holes and were stained. When speaking to several other guest at the hotel they confirmed that they were met with the same poor customer service and told they did not have the room they booked. Some guests that had 4 confirmed rooms for 8 adults were forced to cram into ONE room! This happened to multiple groups of people I found out this weekend. Also upon leaving I took notice that the maid going room to room was smoking going in and out of the NON SMOKING rooms as she changed sheets and cleaned the rooms. To make all matters worse between Friday night and very early Sunday AM we were woken to the experience of multiple different arrests being made outside of the hotel and Police on our balcony. This did not leave us or other guests with a feeling of safety

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

clogged toilet, cleaning leaves terribly poor, broken toilet , no toilet paper, not enough towel for everyone, TV not working , wi-fi very average shower that does not flow without pressure and with little hot water, very small space ( room and bath). In short, it is not worth $ 20 a night! Never again !! To avoid completely!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

this is a great hotel with great customer service. the management is great and the rooms are clean and well maintained. they are very attentive to the customers needs. the property is safe and has a great and friendly staff

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay at the red roof inn , this is my first time ever bring in Illinois. And I wasn't too thank the red roof for welcoming me in the state with a nice stay. Very relaxing friendly staff. Good cable. Wi-Fi connects! New beds by the way! Very comfortable. I have stayed in room 2weeks highly recommend. And they should have a employee for the month. Salma for her hard work and personality keeping the red roof safe and highly thought of.

• Stayed March 2015

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing? Share your experiences!