“Loved the night staff, clean, but not scrubed” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2450 East 173rd Street, Lansing, IL 60438   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Loved the night staff, clean, but not scrubed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Loved the night staff. Very Very comfteralbe rooms, nice price good location. Had non-smoking rooms. The room was clean but not scrubbed clean. Will visit again. The night staff was fantastic she was super friendly. They did have an iron from the front desk that we could use, which was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Some Red Roofs are nice, not this one.

A shody property the room wasn't in good repair, comfortable or inviting. And it smelled. The price is alarming for a hotel of this level. I actually worried about the safety of my car overnight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Its a convenient location with great amenities and very affordable with a very friendly staff :-) I loved the twenty four hour free coffee.My room was very clean and it came with a microwave and fridge. I was very impressed and would definately tell family and friends.The room was also decorated very nice.

• Stayed May 2013
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof. We always enjoying hearing about the positive experiences our guest have at our hotels.

Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Bobby Shah
Ringwood, nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I didn't have high expectations for this hotel in terms of features and conveniences. I just wanted a clean, safe place to spend one night. Upon arrival, I couldn't help but notice the sign offering weekly rates. I guess this is to be expected in a neighborhood full of payday check-cashing establishments, used car dealers and such. The front desk manager was friendly and assigned me a room on the second floor. The wooden outdoor stairs were stained and unfinished. It felt like a utility staircase, not one for customers. The room furnishings were old. The swivel chair had torn and worn upholstery, and one of the casters broke as soon as I sat down on it. I reported this to the front desk, and a maintenance man brought a replacement. The replacement chair had a back that was bent backward. It was like having no back at all. But the casters all stayed on, and the fabric was not torn or full of holes. After spending more time in the room, I noticed that the counter had stains, particularly around, and even on the desk lamp. Apparently, whoever cleaned the room only wiped the middle of the counter.

The room air conditioner did not work. Although it was not hot out, there was no way to get fresh circulating air into the room.

The carpeting was worn and had some stains. The telephone was covered with brown stains and dirt. The bedside stand had the same dirt problems as the desk--the rear portions were covered with dirt and stains--not wiped.

The TV was an old CRT type. I did not turn it on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is the absolute worst place to stay when it comes to cleanliness & service! It was suppose to be non-smoking but it was a HORRIBLE stale smell that wouldn't leave. When I told the attendant about the stench, I was then given a plastic spray bottle with about an inch of blue liquid in it & told to spray that but bring it back when I'm done (and don't use it all up). The linen was dirty, the heat was broken & I couldn't even get anyone to bring towels to the room. On top of everything else, the lobby attendant could barely speak english! I would NEVER stay at this place again, well unless my life depended on it then MAYBE. I've stayed at several other Red Roofs & NEVER experienced this, to say I was disappointed would be more than an understatement. STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOCATION!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is absolutley horrible it is under new management it is no longer Ava Adediwura I came here last summer because she was great but I had learned when I checked in recently she left and this place has been DOWNGRADED all night you hear people walking, the rooms look horrible, and the carpet is gross! So glad I only checked in for one night this place is disgusting and the workers are dedicated to their job but what since does that make when they do not even have a proper working background?. The neighborhood is still very nice minus the loud expressway. Oaga (a desk rep) is very rude. The type of rude that would make you think she is paying you to stay here. PLEASE PLEEEASE STAY AWAY.

• Stayed January 2013

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We always choose Red Roofs because of the pet policy and they are always adequate to very nice. However, this one was less than that. The whole motel looked old, located in a ghetto feeling area. The grounds were not landscaped in good condition (having more muddy spots than grass.) Around the facility were areas where someone had just thrown out what was left of a chicken dinner. When walking my dog, I had to quickly grab the bones so that she would not grab them to get stuck in her throat.
Inside, the heater/airconditioner was very old with the markings almost worn off. As a result, we never could get the heat regulated and it was very hot the whole time we were there, even though there was a thermostat on the wall. The whole room had a feeling of needing to be refurbished. The bathroom door had a hole in it, patched instead of door replaced. For such a room and motel, I thought that the $60 a night for a king room, senior, was way too high. For an average type Red Roof it would have been around $45.

Room Tip: Stay in Merriville, In. (Red Roof) Not far away and much nicer. I could not recommend any room at...