“Good people, bad hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
San Antonio, Texas
“Good people, bad hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very nice & professional Desk personnel were my only positives. NEGATIVES: Old 3-building apartment-looking property with exterior doors (hate them), uncomfortably soft bed, old TV, no iron in room, no one to bring iron (sign out from front desk), incomplete courtesy items, hard/old towels, tiny bathroom - at 6'6" I felt like I was in an airplane lav. The tiny office had a little coffee pot, 1 chair, and 19" old TV. Would not stay here again nor recommend to anyone. The employees deserve a new facility!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rockford, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the great rates and Trip Advisor reviews and was very disappointed. The room was not clean, the sheets were very thin, and the carpet was stained. I've added a picture of the filthy corner in the bathroom. The flip lock on the door was broken off and the deadbolt was questionable, so I slept with two chairs in front of the door, which anyone walking by could see because the drapes did not offer the privacy one would expect. This was easily the worst room I've seen in a long time, but it was also one of the cheapest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Weaver56,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, I am extremely sorry that your stay was not an enjoyable one. In your review you spoke of the cleanliness of your room. Typically, all rooms are inspected for cleanliness by a second person. They are graded based on the pleasant smell, clean bed, safety and security of the room, and overall cleanliness of the bathroom. I am sorry that this was not the case with your stay.While we do offer affordable prices in our rooms this does not exclude us from providing a quality product for our guest.

I would love to speak with your regarding your stay and resolve any areas of opportunity that we missed during your visit. Please fill free to contact me at 708-895-9570.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for 2 1/2 months while working on the BP project. The staff are all great, especially manager Ava and housekeeper Gail. The hotel was clean and the staff was always on top of any needs. As other reviews said the a/c was a little noisy but it didn't bother me. I worked nights and never was woke up by any oudoor racket even during the day. The only downside was that the area seemed a little sketchy. I never experienced any problems on the hotel property, but I didn't feel comfortable exploring very much of the neighborhood, however there are plenty of resteraunts and shopping within a few miles where I felt more comfortable. Overal I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: not all ac's keep up good in the summer, check first.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Go34ever1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. We were pleased to hear that experience was an enjoyable one. As you mention in your review, The lansing location is in great proximity of all local shopping centers. We are located just 2 miles from River Oaks shopping mall and many wonderful and authentic restaurants.

At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience. I will be sure to share your comments with Gail and the rest of the staff regarding your visit.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and we look forward to serving you should your travel plans permit.

Marcellus, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Checked in with someone behind me drinking beer in the lobby, piles of bags outside with people standing around, some half-dressed. No families seen, nor women, just men. Someone pressure-washing the second floor walkway sprayed dirt and grit all over our vehicle when I was inside checking in, which was a nice touch. We looked at the room and it appeared to be fine, but I found the whole atmosphere so unsettling that we chose to leave and find some place that felt safer - I just didn't feel comfortable staying here with my family.

• Stayed July 2012
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Senior Contributor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. We are sorry that you did not feel comfortable staying at the property. The men that you mention in your review that are lodging at the location are workers from all over the country. They are here to build a pipeline with BP and are staying at all of the hotels in the area. I do apologize if your car was sprayed with dirt and grit while our maintenance GSR was cleaning the property. Nevertheless, we were pleased that you found the room to be in good condition as our team of housekeeping and maintenance gsrs work extra hard to provide a quality product to our guest. Again, we would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future should your travel plans require it.

Davis, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Even as "inexpensive" as some suggest this Red Roof Inn is greatly overpriced as there are NO amenities for those cheap rooms. Our non-smoking unit WASN'T as the odor was evident and there were still ashes on the bathroom floor. The individual AC units are aged and quite ineffective, ours had controls that were broken so is was actually uncontrollable without a pliers to turn the cool/warm and fan units. I love dogs but not in my motel lobby. Staff was friendly enough but not very competent with anything outside the norm and pretty slow even within the norm. Lots of much better places nearby for a few dollars more. Probably one of the 3 top worst places I've ever stayed at!

Room Tip: If you absolutely NEED to stay here, ask for rooms in the newer section though they aren't much...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Joh H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. As you mentioned in your review Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly hotel. The amenties that this location provide is free wi-fi, 24 hour fresh coffee in the lobby, free local and long distance calls, in room movies and games, and wonderful 24-hour staff desk staff trained to have a hospitality heart in regards to our guest. As you mention in your review that the staff was very friendly.

Again, we would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and bringing any and all areas of opportunity to our attention. Since your last visit we have had all the airconditioner units cleaned and repaired. We have also had all carpets cleaned.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better should your travel plans permit it.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

AC unit was loud (room 204) and we had to leave it off overnight so we could sleep, which was a little disappointing. Beds are a little rough and we were tempted to put both mattresses on one bed to see if that would help. Besides that the place is just fine. Service was good and workers were friendly. Had coffee ready to go 7am Sunday when we were setting off so that was nice. Just what we needed and the price was right at $60/night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We are extremely sorry that the a/c was loud in your room. However, after reading your review we have had all of our a/c units serviced. I have shared your comments with the staff regarding the service that was provided during your visit. At Red Roof Inn, we take pride in making our guest feel confident, significant, and delighted in our abilities.

We would like to thank you again for taking the time to fill out a survey and we hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans permit.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

When I walked into the red roof inn I was amazed at how nicely I was greeted, being that it was a saturday and it was around 2 am. Michael got me in and out I was a little dazed so that helped alot I agree with other reviews the carpet is really dirty and the tv, eh lets just say all I watched here was espn. The bed was comfy and the air was average but if u have any wifi compatible devices I advice you to leave them home because the wifi here is not so terrific. I payed $5.00 and used the extended stay wifi instead. Being a truck driver i'll have to say that this wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst i'll be back here. The tv went out twice that was the only bad deal it needs a upgrade but it's alright.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. I am sorry that the carpet was not cleaned to your expectations and that the air conditoning was loud.

I can assure you that we have address all of the areas of opportunity that you listed in your review. The Staff and I were pleased to hear, we made you feel confident , significant, and delighted with our service. Our goal is to have a hospitality heart towards our customers as this is a sure way to obtain your trust in our service and ability to resolve your issues.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans permit.

Ava Adediwura

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing? Share your experiences!