“Almost booked another night.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2323 172nd Street, Lansing, IL 60438   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
Maryland
“Almost booked another night.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We are from Maryland and we already had a Hotel booked about 35 mins West of Downtown Chicago for 5 nights for our vacation during Christmas week. But we were looking for a hotel to stay at for a night so we could go and be close to the Horseshoe Casino. Prices were all over the place. From $52 to $149 a night. Reading some of the reviews on the local hotels and based of prior Holiday Inn Express expericences at other locations we decided to stay here. Upon checking in the woman at the counter was "VERY" nice and friendly. There was chocolate chip cookies out for customers. The outside was well lighted. The inside of the hotel was very clean and organized. Our room was on the 3rd floor. It was very nice and roomy. Have to say it was actually bigger that the room we were currently staying in at the Hyatt. No bad smells in the room or hallways. The busniess was nice size, but only one computer. Free computer usage also. The complimentary breakfast was good. The server was very helpful and courteous. The whole food area and sitting areas we very clean. Based of of what we saw and the time we spent in the room we almost stayed another night, but we didn't since we had the other hotel we were currently staying in. So, kudos to Holiday Inn for striving to be better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEXLANSING, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. My apologies for responding to this late. The staff appreicates a good pat on the back and I can't thank them enough as well as the comments we receive from our valued guests such as you. Every feedback is crucial to us delivering the great service that you expect from our hotel and the Holiday Inn Express brand. Thank you once again and please come back and see us.

Regards,

Aemish Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

To start with, this is supposed to be a smoke free hotel. Don't be surprised if you smell smoke inside. I was placed in a room directly next to someone who the front desk said they knew was a smoker (after the face, of course). Mind you, I have my 5 yr old child with me. Might I add that I was told the hotel was nearly empty so why would we be placed there? The room was ok..nothing superior. Floors incredibly dirty. Pillows all the same although they say "firm" and "soft". There is no difference between them. All are well used and not comfortable. I stayed in another holiday inn express just the night before in PA and had a marvelous stay. It's a shame some owners take hardly any pride in their business. I was told a manager would contact me about the smoke issue but that never happened. I don't know if they're just having a bad night here, but this is awful!

• Stayed November 2012
GMHIEXLANSING, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Greetings,

I appreciate you giving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us and advising us of the issues you faced. Although we are a 100% smokefree facility and strictly enforce the policy, we are not able to stop someone from smoking. We take the necessary steps to identify the offenders and charge a fee that is appropriate to get the room back to a nonsmoking status. I assure you myself and the ownership is very concerned when issues arise and do not take lightly to resolve our guests concerns. I would like to personally apologize that you and your child had a bad experience at our hotel. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding this matter and assure you that guest satisfaction is our first priority.

Regards,

Aemish Patel
General Manger
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express.
It's very clean and the free breakfast was pretty good. The staff was pleassant and my room was fine and well maintained. The area around the hotel is just ok but theres no need to be concerned reagrding safety.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was in the Chicago Suburbs for an overnight business trip and a co-worker had already booked this hotel, and since he was driving, I booked it as well. I am glad he did as it was a great stay.
I grew up in this area and hadn't been here for a long time, but knew it had become rundown since I was young. I had some initial reservations about staying here and thought maybe it was worth the drive to Tinley Park or Merrillville, Indiana instead. However, I quickly realized Holiday Inn knows how to treat its guests.
From the front desk service to the room itself, this hotel really takes pride. We checked in early before heading to our site, and they had one room available for my friend to check in. Mine wasn't ready yet and the desk clerk apologized profusely. I assured her it was okay since we were early, but she insisted on checking me in so I would have the next room available and avoid the process later, even though we wouldn't be back until after 5. When I returned, I got my key and went right up.
The king room was huge and clean. Holiday Inn is really going out of its way to make their hotels as pleasant as possible for businesses and families, alike. Plenty of bathroom soap and towels so I was never in need.
When it came time for dinner, I knew I wanted a Chicago style pizza. The desk had plenty of menus...and coupons...for me to choose from. All in all, great service and will stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Murriet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed only 2 nights - two (roomy and quiet) adjacent rooms on the first floor. Desk allowed us to check-in more than one hour early. Location was perfect for us. Very modern and fresh impression. Physical condition of hotel is very good. Large bathrooms - fixtures, water pressure, water temperature and cleanliness all excellent. Many nice amenities (we didn't use) like laundry, exercise room and pool. Very friendly and professional service, with nice and tasty complimentary breakfast each morning. If this hotel fairly represents the Holiday Inn Express brand, then Holiday Inn Express rocks!

Room Tip: First floor (2 rooms) around the corner from the lobby worked great for us!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was in the area for a college baseball tournament. We stayed 3 nights. This hotel was nice and clean. Staff was great. Breakfast was exceptional--partly because there was a lady who did nothing but take care of the people eating and the food. She made sure everyone was taken care of.

There was a guest laundry (only 1 washer and 1 dryer) that looked very nice. . .that's always handy to have. Location was just off the highway.

Employees were exceptional--very good at directions and local information. Always pleasant.

There is one review that refered to this as a "scary place". It almost talked me out of booking here, but after staying I don't understand that review at all. It is a nice place with great employees.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs. People walking from 1st to 2nd floor seemed to be really noisy as...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEXLANSING, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Funandsun23,

We appreciate you sharing your experience about our hotel. We strive on delivering exceptional service and a memorable experience for our valued guests. Your valueable comment helps us improve our service. I will commend our staff based on your positive comments. Valuable insight such as yours help us continually work towards our goal of providing out guests with Great Hotels Guest Love.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The rooms are very nice and look like new. Plus, they were very big compared to most hotel rooms I have been to. The service was there when I needed them which was not often as this hotel seems to have all you need. I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing? Share your experiences!