“Diamond in the Rough” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was in the Chicago Suburbs for an overnight business trip and a co-worker had already booked this hotel, and since he was driving, I booked it as well. I am glad he did as it was a great stay.
I grew up in this area and hadn't been here for a long time, but knew it had become rundown since I was young. I had some initial reservations about staying here and thought maybe it was worth the drive to Tinley Park or Merrillville, Indiana instead. However, I quickly realized Holiday Inn knows how to treat its guests.
From the front desk service to the room itself, this hotel really takes pride. We checked in early before heading to our site, and they had one room available for my friend to check in. Mine wasn't ready yet and the desk clerk apologized profusely. I assured her it was okay since we were early, but she insisted on checking me in so I would have the next room available and avoid the process later, even though we wouldn't be back until after 5. When I returned, I got my key and went right up.
The king room was huge and clean. Holiday Inn is really going out of its way to make their hotels as pleasant as possible for businesses and families, alike. Plenty of bathroom soap and towels so I was never in need.
When it came time for dinner, I knew I wanted a Chicago style pizza. The desk had plenty of menus...and coupons...for me to choose from. All in all, great service and will stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Murriet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed only 2 nights - two (roomy and quiet) adjacent rooms on the first floor. Desk allowed us to check-in more than one hour early. Location was perfect for us. Very modern and fresh impression. Physical condition of hotel is very good. Large bathrooms - fixtures, water pressure, water temperature and cleanliness all excellent. Many nice amenities (we didn't use) like laundry, exercise room and pool. Very friendly and professional service, with nice and tasty complimentary breakfast each morning. If this hotel fairly represents the Holiday Inn Express brand, then Holiday Inn Express rocks!

Room Tip: First floor (2 rooms) around the corner from the lobby worked great for us!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was in the area for a college baseball tournament. We stayed 3 nights. This hotel was nice and clean. Staff was great. Breakfast was exceptional--partly because there was a lady who did nothing but take care of the people eating and the food. She made sure everyone was taken care of.

There was a guest laundry (only 1 washer and 1 dryer) that looked very nice. . .that's always handy to have. Location was just off the highway.

Employees were exceptional--very good at directions and local information. Always pleasant.

There is one review that refered to this as a "scary place". It almost talked me out of booking here, but after staying I don't understand that review at all. It is a nice place with great employees.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs. People walking from 1st to 2nd floor seemed to be really noisy as...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEXLANSING, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Funandsun23,

We appreciate you sharing your experience about our hotel. We strive on delivering exceptional service and a memorable experience for our valued guests. Your valueable comment helps us improve our service. I will commend our staff based on your positive comments. Valuable insight such as yours help us continually work towards our goal of providing out guests with Great Hotels Guest Love.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The rooms are very nice and look like new. Plus, they were very big compared to most hotel rooms I have been to. The service was there when I needed them which was not often as this hotel seems to have all you need. I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lake Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

My family and I travel a lot so we stay in a lot of different hotels. This by far has got to be one of the scariest locations I have stayed at. The hotel itself was perfectly fine and clean, however we got asked multiple times if we had money they could have,And it's not avery well lit city at all. I have young kids and I was real close to driving a tad bit further and staying in a different city. I was even scared to sit and eat at the subway right down the street! All in all I would not stay here again! Nothing against the hotel tho!

• Stayed October 2011
GMHIEXLANSING, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Greetings ocean157048,

I thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our hotel as well as the Village of Lansing. I was excited to hear about your pleasant comments regarding the hotel. Our staff strive on providing clean and comfortable accomodations for our guests with a great smile. As for the impression on the Village of Lansing, I hope you give us the opportunity to change your impression as Lansing is a great community of businesses and residents who care about its loyal visitors. I thank you for submitting your comments.
Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel to visit family members who live in the area. It has to be one of the nicest moderate-priced hotels we've ever stayed in. Clean, well-appointed, updated, and friendly. Comfortable bed with nice linens. Spacious rooms. Big variety of hot foods in the breakfast buffet that is included in the price. If it had a lighted magnifying mirror in the granite and tiled bath, it would be as nice as some of the upscale 4-star hotels we've stayed in. That's the only thing I can think of that's missing!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, away from the elevators to get the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here on our way into the city. Our room was nice and clean. The staff were helpful and the continental breakfast is awesome! They have a small workout room which is nice. They have free wireless internet too! I'd stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing? Share your experiences!