“Fantastic hotel...exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2323 172nd Street, Lansing, IL 60438   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lansing
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic hotel...exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The rooms are very nice and look like new. Plus, they were very big compared to most hotel rooms I have been to. The service was there when I needed them which was not often as this hotel seems to have all you need. I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lake Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

My family and I travel a lot so we stay in a lot of different hotels. This by far has got to be one of the scariest locations I have stayed at. The hotel itself was perfectly fine and clean, however we got asked multiple times if we had money they could have,And it's not avery well lit city at all. I have young kids and I was real close to driving a tad bit further and staying in a different city. I was even scared to sit and eat at the subway right down the street! All in all I would not stay here again! Nothing against the hotel tho!

• Stayed October 2011
GMHIEXLANSING, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Greetings ocean157048,

I thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our hotel as well as the Village of Lansing. I was excited to hear about your pleasant comments regarding the hotel. Our staff strive on providing clean and comfortable accomodations for our guests with a great smile. As for the impression on the Village of Lansing, I hope you give us the opportunity to change your impression as Lansing is a great community of businesses and residents who care about its loyal visitors. I thank you for submitting your comments.
Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel to visit family members who live in the area. It has to be one of the nicest moderate-priced hotels we've ever stayed in. Clean, well-appointed, updated, and friendly. Comfortable bed with nice linens. Spacious rooms. Big variety of hot foods in the breakfast buffet that is included in the price. If it had a lighted magnifying mirror in the granite and tiled bath, it would be as nice as some of the upscale 4-star hotels we've stayed in. That's the only thing I can think of that's missing!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, away from the elevators to get the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here on our way into the city. Our room was nice and clean. The staff were helpful and the continental breakfast is awesome! They have a small workout room which is nice. They have free wireless internet too! I'd stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Michael Lawrence, the sales manager at this location is beyond phenomenal. My family and friends of 12 stayed at this hotel for 3 days during my cousins wedding. After 13 hours on the road driving from Maryland we wanted to get to our rooms and sleep. That is exactly what we did. !! within 3 minutes all 5 rooms were checked in and ready to go.! Not only did Michael making planning our stay simplistic but he was also always courteous, friendly and always available to assists. The rooms were clean, breakfast had varieties for all tastes and did I mention clean. Not one complaint from any of the 5 rooms I reserved with Michael. If I were anywhere close by this location I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: AAA and government discounts are sweet !!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

I selected this hotel since it was relatively close to the client site I was working at.

Here are my list of complaints:

Thin Walls - I have stayed in many, many HIEs and hotels overall. I could hear everything around including what sounded like a 500-pound man in the room above me.

Decreasing Towel Supply - Everyday during my week long stay, towel count steadily declined everyday. One day I had no hand-towels, one day no bath-mat towel, one day no towels at all, although my room had already been cleaned.

Impolite cashier - When reporting no towels were in the room, the young guy implied that it was normal procedure and they would eventually get towels to me. I still do not know when they provided the towels because I had to leave and did not return until later that evening. The towels were in the room upon my return, but I was unable to shower prior to running my errand.

Disappearing chewing gum - I know it's just a pack of gum, but the cleaning staff were helping themselves to my pack of gum and leaving the empty foil wrapper on the nightstand.

Loose headboard - Headboard was not properly fixed to the wall. With most hotels, the headboard is just mounted to the wall. This headboard was only attached at the top of the board which allowed it to "swing" back and forth away from the wall. Therefore, any movement on the bed would make the headboard bang against the wall.

Clothes Rack Falling - The clothes rack in the closet was being held in by only one screw, which would not allow for any clothes to be hung in the closet. The screw that was not mounted was there, but the drywall was ripped out to where it was no longer attached. I hung my clothes on the door hook on the back on the bathroom door (among other creative places within the room).

I was very displeased with this hotel and I would recommend moving on to the next choice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

Our first impression was not so positive. We stood at the unattended front desk for almost 15 minutes waiting to check in. Fortunately, another guest,who was also waiting picked up the house phone and was able to summon the front desk person. Once she arrived she was efficient, helpful and really nice. She explained that she was the only on e on duty.. She gave us a verbal list of restaurant suggestions after asking us what we wanted.
Our room was wonderful- very quite, great bed and pillows, shower etc. Very nice decor- better than some Holiday Inn Express. I slept really well.
Breakfast was provided-the help here were really nice too. One detail-no fruit was provided, fresh or otherwise which was unusual.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing? Share your experiences!