Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Lansing
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here on our way into the city. Our room was nice and clean. The staff were helpful and the continental breakfast is awesome! They have a small workout room which is nice. They have free wireless internet too! I'd stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Michael Lawrence, the sales manager at this location is beyond phenomenal. My family and friends of 12 stayed at this hotel for 3 days during my cousins wedding. After 13 hours on the road driving from Maryland we wanted to get to our rooms and sleep. That is exactly what we did. !! within 3 minutes all 5 rooms were checked in and ready to go.! Not only did Michael making planning our stay simplistic but he was also always courteous, friendly and always available to assists. The rooms were clean, breakfast had varieties for all tastes and did I mention clean. Not one complaint from any of the 5 rooms I reserved with Michael. If I were anywhere close by this location I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: AAA and government discounts are sweet !!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

I selected this hotel since it was relatively close to the client site I was working at.

Here are my list of complaints:

Thin Walls - I have stayed in many, many HIEs and hotels overall. I could hear everything around including what sounded like a 500-pound man in the room above me.

Decreasing Towel Supply - Everyday during my week long stay, towel count steadily declined everyday. One day I had no hand-towels, one day no bath-mat towel, one day no towels at all, although my room had already been cleaned.

Impolite cashier - When reporting no towels were in the room, the young guy implied that it was normal procedure and they would eventually get towels to me. I still do not know when they provided the towels because I had to leave and did not return until later that evening. The towels were in the room upon my return, but I was unable to shower prior to running my errand.

Disappearing chewing gum - I know it's just a pack of gum, but the cleaning staff were helping themselves to my pack of gum and leaving the empty foil wrapper on the nightstand.

Loose headboard - Headboard was not properly fixed to the wall. With most hotels, the headboard is just mounted to the wall. This headboard was only attached at the top of the board which allowed it to "swing" back and forth away from the wall. Therefore, any movement on the bed would make the headboard bang against the wall.

Clothes Rack Falling - The clothes rack in the closet was being held in by only one screw, which would not allow for any clothes to be hung in the closet. The screw that was not mounted was there, but the drywall was ripped out to where it was no longer attached. I hung my clothes on the door hook on the back on the bathroom door (among other creative places within the room).

I was very displeased with this hotel and I would recommend moving on to the next choice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

Our first impression was not so positive. We stood at the unattended front desk for almost 15 minutes waiting to check in. Fortunately, another guest,who was also waiting picked up the house phone and was able to summon the front desk person. Once she arrived she was efficient, helpful and really nice. She explained that she was the only on e on duty.. She gave us a verbal list of restaurant suggestions after asking us what we wanted.
Our room was wonderful- very quite, great bed and pillows, shower etc. Very nice decor- better than some Holiday Inn Express. I slept really well.
Breakfast was provided-the help here were really nice too. One detail-no fruit was provided, fresh or otherwise which was unusual.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010 via mobile

This place was GREAT!!!! We came in got a price quote from the young woman at the front desk. It was very reasonable. Got our room, but discovered it wasn't cleaned, so she upgraded us to a suite at no charge all with a pleasant, genuine demeanor. Wish I knew her name so we could put it in the review!

• Stayed November 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

Excellent - seems nice and new. Staff all very helpful and friendly. Everything seemed to work, quiet location although you could hear the air conditioning on the ground floor even though we were on the 3rd floor. Our room had wired and wireless internet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I don't understand the negative reviews here. This is the best hotel I've stayed at in some time, and for the price it is an amazing value. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast room is HUGE compared to some cramped spaces I've seen. You can really stretch out in this place! The breakfast bar was well stocked, and yes the cinnamon rolls were warm. There is a lot of shopping and restaurants in the area. There is a mall a short drive north of the hotel. I suggest you seek out and eat at Leona's, an Italian/American restaurant with 11 kinds of lasagna. Wonderful! We just loved this hotel and wished we could take it with us on all our softball trips. It was about as near perfect as a hotel can be, and it is well worth the price. A great value!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing? Share your experiences!