You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Blue grass, IA
“Weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Very friendly front desk, and clean and warm room with a comfortable bed. The TV is mounted on the wall for easy viewing while laying in bed. No more looking over your feet to view the TV. I would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
To Our Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback that you gave us in your review. I am very happy you felt our staff was friendly and your room clean and warm with a comfortable bed, as we take pride in offering excellent service. We look forward to your next stay when in the area.

Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here for 11 days, think this is my 3rd visit, the hotel cannot be faulted. Great rooms, comfy bed and friendly staff....what more do you want.
Clean and tidy, maybe a little expensive but never the less highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
To our valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am glad you again enjoyed your stay with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We hope that you will again choose to stay with us in the future.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Attentive and concerned staff make you feel like a honored guest. Very clean property with a wonderful breakfast buffet. Free shuttle available is a bonus. The General Manager will do anything to ensure a perfect stay. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
To our valued guest,

I appreciate your feedback that you gave us in your review. I am very happy you felt our staff was attentive and concerned as we take pride in offering excellent service here. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Shenzhen, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is my second business stay here in the past year (one-two week duration each) and I recommend it highly. The staff is excellent and I must admit that I actually enjoy their breakfast buffet. All of my concerns and needs were met immediately--this particular location takes themselves very seriously. I appreciate the extra mile Mrs. Amy Dow went to accommodate both my stay and transport to/from the office every day!

Room Tip: I have stayed on all three floors and have yet to be dissatisfied with a room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
To Our Valaued Guest,

It is a pleasure to have you stay with us whenever you are in town for business. We are ery glad that you enjoy our breakfast buffet. Thank you for your very kind words and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Irby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed for ten days in November 2013 whilst on vacation visiting family. Review a little late due to the fact that we had booked and paid with Priceline but also got charged by the hotel. Visa disputes still sorting this out but thought I would write review in the hope that it is resolved satisfactorily.
.All staff professional and very friendly and the room comfortable. Availability of coffee/tea all day, as well as free wifi, refrigerator and micro wave was much appreciated. No complaints about breakfast, but it didn't look as though any of the plates/cups/cutlery etc were recycled.....what a waste.
Maybe we were lucky, but we had the use of the pool, hot tub and gym to ourselves every time we used them. (Small suggestion, a spin bike in the gym would have been nice).
Overall ,a nice mid sized hotel with a convivial atmosphere. Apart from the double charging problem (see above) no complaints and would certainly return.

Room Tip: top floor, rear facing room (over the pond) was quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
To Our Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review at Tripadvisor. It was a great pleasure having you stay with us while you were visiting in the US. I appreciate your feedback that you gave us in your review and am very happy you felt our staff was friendly and courteous as we take pride in offering excellent service here. Yes, your issue has been resolved once it was brought to my attention.
We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit.

Bozeman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stay clear of this hotel. We were checked into a room with a blown outlet in the bathroom; being we were in town for a wedding, this would have made getting ready more difficult. We notified the front desk and they were unsympathetic and said it probably worked and that they would send a maintenance person down. The maintenance man said that it was probably still good. I asked him to test it and he stated that he did not have a tester. After several minutes of looking at the black marks all around the outlet, the maintenance man decided to try an appliance in it and it was magically broken. I had to go to the front desk and ask for another room: to which we were placed in a smaller room. The manager finally emerged and started telling us about her a hotel experience she encountered in Mexico. That would be a great story if we weren't in the north subsets of Chicago. We were finally placed in a bigger room, but one that had food on the floor, grease on the mirror and brown matter on the bathroom light-switch. When I brought this to the hotel staff was treated with complete disrespect.

• Stayed November 2013
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
To Our Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for being a Priority Club Member. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had my reunion at the HIE in Lake Zurich and I could not ask for a better experience. I brought Halloween decorations to have my room decorated to get into the holiday spirit. The front desk receptionist, Amy was more than willing to decorate my room for me! Where else can you find someone to do this? This took a load of my shoulders as I had to make sure everything else was running smoothly, but I did not even have to worry because the general manager Hanan had everything already prepared and ready to go! I was astounded at the way they treated me. I was not treated as another person that walked through the door, but rather an in individual.

My brother had a room reserved with a king sized bed, but he had a couple of his friends with him, in turn they thought it would be better if they could get a room with two queen sized beds. Mind you this hotel was fully booked and busy at this moment in time. Amy again pulled through and was able to accommodate my brother and his friends with no questions asked.

As I said I had my reunion here and as my classmates entered the hotel they were greeted with warm smiles from Michelle and Lorie. I believe with the exceptional customer service we received is due to their manager Hanan Hafez. Hanan knows exactly how to accommodate her guests and make them feel at home. I can tell she took the time to train her employees because I have been to many hotels as I travel quite often and I could not have asked for a better experience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
To Our Valued Guest,

On behalf of all of our staff, I want to thank you for the nice comments you had written in your review on your experience here. It was a great pleasure to take care of everyone in your group. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I will be sure to convey all your comments to the staff. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Amy

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington? Share your experiences!