WOW - what a great surprise this place was! I have business that brings me to Libertyville regularly and have tried many of the Marriott brand hotels in the area, this has, hands-down, the best rooms and service around.
I was very reluctant to stay at a Residence Inn, I wasnt familiar with the Brand and assumed it would be "downscale". NOT SO! The little suites are brand-new, very pleasently decorated (comtemperary), the bed is awesome from the high-quality mattress to the countless pillows and fresh, crisp sheets. None of those scary, flowery bedspreads either (cringe). They have duvets with nice clean sheets used as duvet covers.... yes, they get washed :-) I would have to say that the rooms are more nicely decorated than the Renaissance in Northbrook, or any of the hotels in the Marriott park area in Licolnshire.
The kitchenette has a granite counter, stainless appliances and modern cabinets. Housekeeping will load & unload your dishwasher and even do groceries for you WITHOUT CHARGE! I would never have dreamt such a thing existed.
The bathroom & vanity area have modern tile and granite and are uber-clean.
The free-breakfast is small but very fresh and surprisingly good. Even the coffee wasnt that watered down stuff that I'm always leary of in the US. It wasnt half bad.
I cant say enough about the staff here either, they're so warm, welcoming and genuinely nice - its a joy to check in.
Oh- did I mention that they also have a little laundry room where you can wash, dry and iron your clothes? Nice touch!
I think they have a pool & whirlpool too but havent had the time to check them out personally yet.
The only down-side in my opinion is that its not a full-service hotel so no room service :-( Fortunately, there are loads of restaurants nearby but it would still be nice after a long day of meetings to order some grub up to my room while I catch up on work.
I guess its pretty clear by now that I loved this hotel. I've stayed 3 times so far and will stay continue to book here whenever I'm in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest / Mettawa Hotel Lake Forest
- Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest / Mettawa Hotel
- Lake Forest Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Lake Forest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off I-94, the Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa makes getting to downtown Chicago, the entire North Shore, and the Great Lakes Naval Base a snap. It is also close to Six Flags Great America and Gurnee Mills Outlet Center. Guest rooms offer fully-equipped kitchenettes, separate living and sleeping areas, and complimentary high-speed Internet Access. The hotel also provides a complimentary continental breakfast and evening reception, swimming pool, whirlpool, and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest / Mettawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.