“Decent place for the $” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Joliet I-55 North/Chicago Area

Super 8 Joliet I-55 North/Chicago Area
You added Super 8 Joliet I-55 North/Chicago Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Joliet I-55 North/Chicago Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3401 Mall Loop Drive, I-55 Exit 257 on Hwy 30E, Joliet, IL 60431-9214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Joliet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kenly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came to Joliet for the funeral of our son. One of his friends suggested this place; I'm sure he thought that it would be okay since its location was near the mall. However, when we arrived, the air conditioning was not working in the hallways - which smelled of cigarette smoke, and the windows were open. The temperature was in the 90's and the humidity was very high, making it veryy uncomfortable in the building. We had asked for a rollaway bed, but they do not provide these at this particular Super 8. That would have been nice to know ahead of time. Moreover, when my husband went down for the "Continental breakfast" at 6:00 A.M. - when they open - there were 3 cinnamon rolls, 1 peice of white bread, 4 pieces of darker bread, 2 apples, and ice-cold coffee. When my daughter and I joined him a little later, there was no bread at all, 1 apple, and 1 cinnamon roll. How they intended to feed all of the people in that place, I have no idea. Finally, the place looked as if it had never seen a vacuum. Suffice it to say, never again! Probably never at a Super 8 again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Brookfield, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

the room had a smell we thought it would go away no amount of anything made it better i was sick by morning it is not easy to find a new place to stay after a certain time of day so you dont try unless bugs are involved the owner was at the desk and he worked at keeping the place clean he was dusting and mopping the laundry room was very clean.had i thought another room would smell different i would have asked to move but i assumed it was a carpet cleaner they use on leaving i found out from the desk that the room had been sprayed with febreze they7 should ban this stuff its so poison we moved to a different motel the next night.if they had not sprayed that i would have been very happy with the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was clean, out dated and some of the furniture has seen better days. I stayed here for business because it is more reasonable than some other hotels in the area. I travel a lot and I stay in Super 8's because of the price. This is an older Super 8. I would not stay here if I was with my family but it is clean, bed was good and its a Super 8. I would not recommend but I would not have anything bad to say either.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Madison,Wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed two nights. It was suppose to be a non smoking room, but you could smell smoke. Room was so hot and dry we had to turn on the air and crack the window. When the shower is running the water has a odor. The towels were thin. Hallways and elevators dirty. We didn't have the breakfast, or use the pool. Several food places at this exit, several hotels as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Posen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

it was the worst breakfast I have ever had. There was two smoke dectectors in cieling (one for hot tub and one to detect smoking in the room.) The lights on these kept going on green and red, they kept me up; the room heating unit did not respond to turning it down and was very warm in room. I would not recomend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Joliet I-55 North/Chicago Area? Share your experiences!