“Fine service, good price, right location” 4 of 5 stars

Family Movie Night
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fine service, good price, right location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here on the way to visit a supplier in Ottawa, IL. The hotel was near the highway but I never heard any road noise. The front desk clerks were very friendly, helpful and efficient. My room was sparkling clean and the carpet was immaculate. The king bed was extremely comfortable. The free morning breakfast was rather good and the staff there was cheery and pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn Joliet I-55, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear TomJR,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We're glad that you found our Hampton to be one clean and comfortable.

Please connect with us when your travels bring you back to Joliet. We'd love the opportunity to serve you again in the future and earn your fifth star!

Thanks,

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a clean facility located close to the local shopping mall. There were many choices for food without the need for a long drive or use of maps. Front desk had discount coupons for some of the local restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn Joliet I-55, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Dfarbs,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the dining discounts that we offer to local restaurants. We offer these to you for convenience and also to save you some money on food while staying at our hotel. Hope to see you again on your travels to Joliet.

Douds, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The night desk clerk was very helpful when I arrived without a reservation. It was my fault that I had a reservation for the 30th instead of the 21st. Her first concern was getting my family into a room and solving the problem later. When I came down in the morning for coffee she went to work on the phone, suffering the phone frustrations for me and perhaps staying a little beyond her shift when she really needed to be finishing her Christmas shopping. She stayed with it until everything was corrected and remained cheerful throughout. The hotel was very nicely decorated and clean also.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn Joliet I-55, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Jim P,

My name is Jennifer Lorenz, I am the Sales Manager. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond to get you a room on the 21st instead of the 30th. I know just who you are talking about and I will make sure that she is commended for making your experience at our hotel a positive one.

Lawrenceville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The rooms are clean. The staff is friendly. The location is great. It's close to a mall with a movie theater. There is very litte space to store folded clothes. Try to stay away from the side that faces the highway. It can be a little loud.

Room Tip: Try to pick a room that is not on the side of the highway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn Joliet I-55, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Twags52,

My name is Jennifer Lorenz and I’m the Sales Manager for the Hampton Inn Joliet I-55. Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. Our staff works very hard to make you feel welcome and ensure you have a clean room. I appreciate your travel tip; our hotel offers sound machines to give you a nice white noise while you sleep. I hope to see you next time you come to the Joliet area.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I had the chance to break away from the everyday. Our two daughters (age 14 and 17) went on a Friday night retreat. We hadn't been out in a long time. Around 5 pm we left our home in Morris IL, grabbed a DD coffee and starting driving. We ended up in Naperville and walked around the beautiful town with Christmas lights. We had a fantastic meal and decided to talk and to just keep making turns and not worrying where we ended up. Our attitude was that if the sign didn't say Iowa or Indiana, then we were OK.

Around 930 pm we ended up in Joliet and the mall. We checked the other hotels and I didn't like the "vibe" I felt when I went into the lobby. No one at the front desk, kind of dirty, etc. We pulled our Subaru into the Hampton and I jumped out and went in. I can't remember the lady's name at reception on Friday night, 930 pm, December 5th. She was so welcoming and I could tell she liked her job. We talked about rooms, discounts, etc.

During our conversation we discovered that I was eligible for a military discount, so we took room 334. The hallways, room were all very clean and felt safe. My family and I were in the Air Force for 20 years and you can imagine all the places we have stayed. I would rate this hotel in our top 5.

The staff was very nice, even the lady who set up the hot breakfast was awesome and paid attention to the littel detials.

I know this is a bit long winded, but wanted to let you know that even though it was only a short stay--we felt like we were on vacation and really enjoyed ourselves.

Merry Christmas

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert & Denise,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad that you choose our hotel for your "24 hour get away". Thank you for recognizing our commitment to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. I hope you get a chance to come see us again!

Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

While in Joliet on business recently, our group stayed at this hotel and I am so glad we did. Julie gave us a warm greeting from the front desk the moment we walked through the door and I knew we had selected a great place to stay (Julie rocks!!). The property has been recently renovated and the rooms are magnificent, beautifully furnished and extremely comfortable. Every staff member we came in contact with was very warm and friendly and really made you feel like they were genuinely glad you were there.

If you find yourself in Joliet and are thinking about staying at the Hampton Inn/I55, I highly recommend...You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn Joliet I-55, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Brandon F,

Thank you so much for your awesome review. I will be sure to tell Julie that you appreciated her hospitality. Thanks again for staying at our hotel we would love to see you again.

De Pere, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I did a lot of research on line prior to travel and was a bit hesitant to select this hotel based upon the ratings. However, it came as a recommendation from someone in the area and I was very surprised. The staff was extremely helpful and very kind - always had a smile on their face. Julie and Ashley were the managers on duty when we stayed and they were both extremely inviting and pleasant. I was pleasantly surprised by both the variety and taste of the the hot complimentary breakfast. Even the staff came out to ask how my breakfast was. The hotel property itself doesnt look like much from the outside, but the inside is very clean and kept up very well. Our rooms were very clean and inviting as well. I am a stickler for cleanliness and everything met my high standards. I was completely satisfied with my stay. If I had to nit pick the only things I would say that were slight negatives is that the cost was a bit higher than others in the area with similiar ratings and the pool area was nice, but the stairs and outer lip of the pool could use some deep cleaning to look more appealing - otherwise all was fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn Joliet I-55, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear John H,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review. We pride ourselves in our outstanding customer service and extremely clean hotel. We will make sure that your next visit will be even better then this one with perfectly polished pool. Hope to see you next time on your travels to Joliet.

Sales Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Joliet I-55? Share your experiences!