“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Cincinnati, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is located in Joliet right off of I-80 near I-55. Very easy acces to all point north, south, east and west of Chicago. The hotel and rooms were very clean. The breakfast was fully stocked and well maintained with a good variety. This was certainly a good choice for my trip. I had a very pleasant 2 day stay, I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay if your in that area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

COziemkiewicz, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Joliet I-80, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hi Eric B.,

Thanks for choosing Trip Advisor for your review on the Hampton Inn Joliet I-80! We are thrilled to hear that you found the hotel to have a convenient location and to maintain cleanliness throughout the hotel. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others!

We hope you'll stay with us again if you're ever back in the Joliet area!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nothing but compliments for the great customer service Hampton Inn provided. We checked in late, but the person at the front desk was quick and got us to our room quickly. Breakfast in the morning was great. Jean did a great job making sure all of the food was replenished and even came around to our kids and let them pick a "prize" out of her basket. As we were finishing up breakfast, Jean also offered water or fruit to take on our trip home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tim M.,

We greatly appreciate your detailed review on the Hampton Inn Joliet I-80! We are very pleased that you experienced great customer service, and that you meet just one of our superstars, Jean. Jean provides award-winning service and is truly a delight on a daily basis. Thank you for taking time to recognize her hospitality. Your comments will be shared with her and the rest of our staff.

Thank you!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staff is very pleasant and professional. Hotel is clean and well maintained. Staff goes out of their way to be accommodating. The beds are wonderful and contributed to a very good night's sleep. Breakfast is mediocre. Fake, rubbery eggs and something that passes for bacon. With the number of restaurants nearby, it makes more sense to get breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Bob108108,

We appreciate your review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that the staff was welcoming and delightful! However, we are disappointed on your experience with the breakfast. Our breakfast selection does change daily, and we hope that if you are back in the area again that you will give us a second try. You may find something new on the breakfast bar that you will greatly enjoy!

Thanks again for your feedback. We hope you'll stay with us again!

Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed Friday after Labor Day headed home from vacation. Overall very good experience. Very good check in experience and as the front desk person was getting my HHonors stuff she noticed that we are a family of five and gave us five waters and five snacks. Nice touch. A small gesture done with a smile that had a big impact. Room was the newer Hampton style and was clean and functional. Rate was reasonable. Will stay here again when the need arises.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi Dave C.,

Thank you for your review on the Hampton Inn Joliet I-80. We pride ourselves in the exceptional people that we have working at our hotel, and we are so happy to hear that the front desk representative's small gesture went a long way! We have very thoughtful staff members who provide award-winning service, and we are glad that you had a memorable experience.

Take care and see us again soon!

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The room condition and quality were average, some of the ceiling looked dammaged. We were somewhat satisfied with our room. When we entered our room some type of machine was plugged into the wall and was working. Never seen anything like it before, it read ozone on side. It was very loud so we unplugged it, also the air conditioner was loud.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jody M.,

Thank you for your feedback and review on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the hotel, I am extremely disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with your stay. We believe strongly in having a properly maintained hotel, and I am sorry to hear that you felt your room did not meet that standard.

The Hampton Inn brand has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If in anyway you are unsatisfied with your stay, you are not expected to pay. We stand by that guarantee at all times. If you were truly unsatisfied, please contact the hotel for further information.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this Hampton Inn on Sunday night Septermber 1, 2013. I've stayed at the other Joliet Hampton Inn, and also at Hampton Inns in southern Missouri and one in Amarillo. The service, cleanliness, and value at all four of them were wonderful. I enjoyed the big screen TV, the convenient little gizmo with a USB port for charging a cell phone, the reasonable room rate, and best of all, the included breakfast in the lobby beginning at 6 am, with courteous and friendly staff making visitors feel cared for.

I stayed 3 nights in the area, visiting a family member at Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox. The first two nights, I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn closer to the hospital. It was very disappointing, cost a ridiculous $120 per night MORE than the Hampton Inn, and breakfast, for those who bothered with it, was $10 extra. The room was slightly larger, but service ran hot and cold, and after the first night, housekeeping took my toiletries and stuff down to the front desk. I thought I'd been robbed, never heard of a housekeeper doing this.

If I need to stay overnight somewhere, it's always a relief to find a Hampton Inn, because one can expect a clean, comfortable room and a good breakfast the next day. I never stay anywhere else unless I must.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear gkg680,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn brand! We are excited to hear that you have found a brand that fits your needs and that you find to be consistent anywhere that you go! We greatly appreciate your review on our hotel, and most importantly that you found a great value, welcoming customer service, and comfort in the Hampton Inn Joliet I-80!

We hope you'll be back to stay with us again!

Sammamish, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about staying in a Hampton Inn in Joliet for our family reunion. It was picked because the location was central to my family flying in from the 4 corners of the US. This isn't a hotel that has a room with a view, but the highway access to Chicago is convenient. The kids loved playing in the pool. The breakfast buffet was sufficient for various different taste buds as well as being kid friendly. The rooms, while not luxurious, were clean. In the end, it became our home away from home. I think there were 3 other family reunions going on the same week we stayed. I was very happy the hotel staff located most of the rooms for my family, about 8 families, close together if not right next door. All in all it was a lovely visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Deborah C.,

Your review that described our hotel as your "home away from home" was greatly appreciated! We pride ourselves in our Hampton Inn Joliet I-80, and we are always thrilled when someone has a wonderful experience at our hotel. With our breakfast that appealed to the whole family, and the pool that the kids loved, we hope that you'll choose us for your next family reunion!

Take care! We hope to see you again soon.

Director of Sales

Been to Hampton Inn Joliet I-80? Share your experiences!