“Once was enough” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Joliet
and 1 more site!
You added Days Inn Joliet to your Saves list
Days Inn Joliet
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1850 McDonough Road, I-80 at Exit 130B/Larkin Ave, Joliet, IL 60436 (Formerly Motel 6 Joliet - I-80)   |
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Ohio
“Once was enough”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

Two calls to the front desk to complain about the party going on outside the room next door (drunken brawl, shouting, fighting, with children present no less), to no avail. Expressed my displeasure to the clerk in the morning and received an absolutely rude response. Room was shoddy; old plumbing, stains on the carpet (I refused to take off my shoes and walk on it). I slept in my clothes on top of a blanket I retrieved from my car. Thank goodness I had my own pillow. Positively disgusting environment. Should have walked out the minute I saw it, but it was late and I was exhausted. I'll drive past next time; everyone else should do the same.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Novi, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

cheap, but take into consideration the drug dealer next door, the cops that were here all night and the man that peed on our door at midnight. We stay in cheap motels a lot and this was by far the nastiest, most unsafe place we have EVER stayed!

Brown drips of something down the walls, brown smears on the light switches, and grime everywhere. I felt itchy just sitting on the bed and refused to shower here as well. And I am definitely someone that does not expect much.

Its a disgrace that MOtel 6 even allows their name on the building.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I really cant say much good about this place other than the clerk was friendly and the bed was actually comfortable. The room itself has been billed as remodeled which includes the bed spread and the curtain. The did offer Free WIFI at this location. As far as the condition of the room it needs some major deep cleaning, dirt and grime on walls and doors and most amazing of all was the holes in the curtain. Yes peep holes made in the curtain. The back side of the building is lacking proper security lighting and seems to be hang out for people who are there for other purposes. Loud music, screaming, stuff banging down the stairs and then the cops all over. Insane. This property needs some major cleaning, lighting, and security. This property reminds me of Motel 6 many years ago, hope they all arent going this way.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
SOUTH DAKOTA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

Where to begin...
After 16 hrs of traveling my family and I checked into what Id like to refer as Hell Hotel.
If you are able to overlook the absolutely disgusting room, the rude desk clerk, and the gangster looking thugs hanging all over the backside parking lot, you may be ok.
Then prepare yourself for the screming, the blasting stereos, and slews of profanity from the adjacent rooms.
I thought ok, lets just tuck the kids in (of wich we had 3 ) and try to get some rest. IMPOSSIABLE. When we finally realized this would be an all night ordeal, we called the desk and demanded to either be moved to another room or be refunded our money.
After much ado, we packed up our things got the children out of bed and went to get in the car to go to the front office where they assured us we would be given a room up front by the office. On the trip just walking to the car, the people in the parking lot were screaming obcenities the whole time at us. When we got to the front of the office, the first thing we saw were a group of men, sitting on a cooler, drinking beer, with their truck backed in the parking space and stereo cranked full blast.
That was the end for me. We demanded a refund and got out of there just in time to see the police pull up and get out of their car...in bullet proof vests.... Nice.
We drove about 45 mins down the interstate and found a nice little hotel that was absolute HEAVEN compared to that slum hole.
Trust me, avoid this place at any and all costs!!!

• Stayed July 2008
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

The location is convenient, just off I-80. There is very little grass for exercising pets. I closed the door to the bathroom and then brought all my stuff into the room, then discovered the bathroom door had locked and would not open again. Good thing I was not inside the bathroom at the time. When I called to report this, the front desk staff laughed and told me to come and get a key for a different room. It was irritating to have to move everything - an apology would have been better than laughter from the desk staff. I called her later about the unavailability of a popular TV channel (Fox network), and she said she'd call me back but never did. There was a great deal of noise in the room next to mine between about 11-12 PM, then nothing - I don't think anybody stayed overnight in the room. I wonder what it was used for? Hmmmm.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

I stayed there for the NASCAR weekend. I have been staying there for the last 7 years & every year it only gets worse. This is a corporate owned Motel 6 which is a shame. I have lodged a complaint to their corporate offices. First of all for charging 100.00 plus bucks a night for this motel is highway robbery. The night check in fromt desk person was rude & so was the manager standing next to her. No customer service at all. Of course I was stuck staying here since there was not another room to be had. The room had no toliet paper. (must mean great maid service) Had to get some from the front desk. Our hotel room would not lock, so we had to take all our luggage with us. Reported it to the front desk & they never fixed it while we stayed there. Then a guy was robbed right outside our room. The maids never cleaned our room. All in all this hotel needs a new manager & some money from corporate to get it back into a decent hotel.. I don't care if they leave the light on for us. I am not staying there anymore.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — they doubled the room rate for race weekends
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hannibal, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

I checked in late at night; it was about full. The room they gave us was used. The covers were pulled, blood on the pillow and bathtub, but there was no other rooms. The floor was dirty. There was a cop parked across the street most of the night. A room nearby had a boarded up window with the broken glass still all over the ground outside it. The next morning I checked out and the management offered to pay and move me to the newer motel 6 up I-55 by the Joliet Mall. It was much better for a few bucks more.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Joliet? Share your experiences!