“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 213 Restaurants in Joliet
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Garfield, New Jersey
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went there for a repast and it was lovely. Private room that fit us nicely. The food was good and the prices fair.

Visited June 2012

Morris, Illinois
“Was better in old location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This place used to have a really inviting atmosphere when it was located near the Rialto theater. They moved to a very nondescript generic stripmall and the atmosphere is gone. The food and service have never been the same. What a shame.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Belvidere, IL
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

The food was very good. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The dishes served were not typical italian food that I was used to, but very good. Some different kinds of ingredients. Both my husband and I liked what we ordered, and the dessert was very good.
Reasonably priced, about mid-range.
Very clean, good atmosphere.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plainfield, Illinois
“Absolutely awful.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I went here to celebrate her birthday after reading very favorable reviews. There are not many decent restaurants in the Joliet area, and we decided to try this one against our better judgement.
The restaurant itself is a nice little place in a strip mall. The decor is very dated in the dining room. The bar was nice however, but we noticed that the waiters were also making drinks for everyone in the restaurant, which on Martini monday is not a good idea. They seemed overwhelmed with only 7 or 8 tables in the restaurant, and the service struggled because of it.
We ordered an appetizer of crab claws with a mango orange chutney. The plate was all over the place. The crab was OK, but everything on the plate did not go together. Cayenne pepper with mango and orange does not go together. It was just strange. My wife's caesar salad was good, unfortunately it was the best dish of the night. I had a pork tenderloin stuffed with apples and italian sausage, served with what the waiter described as " green bean corn italian thing" and tomato mashed potatoes. The pork was overcooked and dry, and doused with an orange BBQ sauce. My wife's pasta looked more like beef noodle soup. This food was definitely not worth the money they were charging.
The service was OK, about halfway through the meal the waiter forgot about us for about 30 minutes as we were both out of drinks and water. Even the bus boy was nowhere to be found to refill water or pre-bus appetizer and bread plates. For a restaurant that charges between $20-$30/plate the service was no where near the quality that it should have been. I get better service at chain restaurants.
Someone else in the restaurant did not like the food much either as there was vomit in the men's bathroom. Gross.

Overall it was not a very good experience and I will not be going back to Barolo. I do not understand all of the rave reviews about this place. I was in the restaurant business for over ten years as a manager, bartender, and server and I would never bash a place unless it truly deserved it, and Barolo deserves it. Overpriced and awful.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“Good Food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had one of the baked beef specials and wow what a treat it was. I liked it so much that I recommended it to the table next to me and they bought us drinks. We ahve been there a dozen times and are never disappointed. I usually just get the specials and they are always good.

• Visited July 2011