“Suprised to find this gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 227 Restaurants in Joliet
Cuisines: Barbecue
Toledo,OH
“Suprised to find this gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We just happened upon this location and we're so glad we did! Delicious barbecue at reasonable prices! EVERYTHING was good. The service was excellent. We had brisket, chicken, baked beans, mac n cheese, coleslaw, baked potato. Quite the spread!

Visited October 2013

Albia, Iowa
“Amazing! We left quite full!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We weren't sure if they were open, as there was construction going on and no cars parked along the side. We decided to pull in because we saw their lights on. They were open and boy were we glad we took a chance. I had a pulled pork sandwich. It was fantastic. I saw a review about the bread being wet, mine was not. It was perfect. Their bbq sauce was perfect. They had other choices of sauce, but the house bbq was all we needed. My husband had a platter of ribs, pulled pork and chicken. The ribs meat came off the bone perfectly. He ate every bite. My son had their fries and loved every bite. The waitress was friendly and was there to refill out drinks before they were completely gone, which was nice because we didn't have to even ask. This is a great place and if we lived in that area, it would definitely be a date night dinner place for my husband and I.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“Excellent Rib Tips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I found the rib tips and pulled pork sandwich very tasty. Excellent.

I did find that the decoration of restaurant is rather stale, bland. Ceiling tiles and no decorations reminded me of a doctors office waiting room.

I was surprised to find that the sides were not very good and their Texas toast was too buttery on outside and dry in the inside, but overall who cares when their BBQ is excellent

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Great Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to try a local place for Ribs and Smokey's was recommended. We called for take-out and was told our order would be ready for pick-up in 10 minutes (10 Minutes!). It was ready on time and the cashier who took care of us was very friendly. The baby back ribs were perfectly cooked - the meat fell off the bone, great smokehouse flavor. The BBQ sauce is outstanding! Next time we are in Joliet to visit the grandkids we will be back here again. I would be surprised if there are better tasting ribs in Joliet.

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“The best BBQ in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Eaten here three times in the last two months. Staff is wonderful and the food is outstanding. The Ribs and Brisket are great.

• Visited May 2013