“An average value for just the basics” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Chicago Joliet - I-55
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3551 Mall Loop Dr, Joliet, IL 60431   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“An average value for just the basics”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Ok, so this is a 50$ a night room. The redesign is classy with post modern touch. Nice hardwood floors and a bathroom to please even the most picky guests. However the linnens were covered in fuzz and hair.

Tv only has a few limited channels and the wifi isnt free. Dont lie to me about stuff like that its upsetting. Combine a bare bones room with nickle and diming the value isnt so sweet.

On the positive side we felt safe and the location fit our needs

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cody, Wyoming, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I loved this Motel 6! Stayed here the night of May 1, 2012 with my traveling dog Foxy. I also got the AARP discount on top of the already low rate, and no extra charge for Foxy. The room was convenient to an exit so I could walk my dog without bothering anybody. I just wish other pet owners would use doggie bags so they don't ruin it for the rest of us! Extremely clean and comfortable room, spotless lobby, and lots of vending machine choices, but the mall and several eateries are close by. Great location. Staff was overly friendly, and so were other guests. I will always book this hotel on my drives back and forth from PA to WY!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Collinsville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Talk about spartan. Clean and quiet but the rooms are something to behold. More like something in a holding cell. They look just like the pictures no surprises. The staff is friendly and helpful. Across the street from the Louis Joliet Mall

• Stayed June 2012
Presho, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

The Motel 6 in Joliet is perfect for the person looking for a basic motel with no amenities. It is newly renovated, clean and quiet. It is close to I-55, shopping and restaurants. Just be aware there is no pool, breakfast, shampoo, Kleenex, or clock.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Joliet, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I am a gues that pay the weeklt rateof 249.00 PLUS 2.99a night for FIG/MICa grand total of 316.?? A week,been here for 21 day and I was told today when I paid the rent that I will have to move out of the motel for 24 hours because noone is allowed to stay for more than 28 days because of some city ordinace . I have talked to other motels in Joliet and they said there is no such thing . They ( RED ROOFF IN ,SUPER 8,EC)have told me that after 30 days they cant charge me taxes, it becomes a temp residence . and that they have people staying with them for several months now and they gave there tax money back to there guest so if you plan on staying for more that a month s=dont stay here!!!!! you will have to leave and this came from the manger mouth?????????
[--]

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

This hotel certainly has the best of upgrades and I sure wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it is. The contemporary styling had me when I walked through the door. I love the wood (look) floors. I was surprised to see the flat screen TV as welll. The king size bed made me feel like a queen. I even got a good niight's sleep. Serve a good continental breakfast and I could make the score a 10!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
dolton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I and our child check into this motel to sleep for a few hours in the parking lot we were greated by a white male offering us drugs my husband had to tell him to get the hell away from us. The room was dirty and the sink and toliet were dirty as well. But we said you know it's already late and we were tired so at around 3am we were awoke by loud noises. yelling screaming banging on doors. This went on for ten minutes we got up and looked out the window and there were people fighting women in their underwear etc. we asked for our money to be returned and we left upon leaving in such a hurry my husband left his shorts in the bathroom we called and asked them to put the shorts up and they said sure they will be at the front desk, well what do you know when we got there to pick them up the were not there and they can not find them. We wanted which employee would take someones dirty shorts out of the bathroom and use them Just Nasty.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Chicago Joliet - I-55? Share your experiences!