“I assure you, You DO NOT want to stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Budget Inn Express
1806 Mcdonough St, Joliet, IL 60435 (Formerly Microtel Inn)   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Joliet
Joliet, Illinois
“I assure you, You DO NOT want to stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was unfortunate enough to have the displeasure of staying at this "motel". The "manager"-His name is Harry, is rude, unsympathetic, and makes no apology for the condition, service, or the inconvenience that he , his staff, and the motel causes its guests. Every day for a week, I walked past the same cigarette butts and disgusting undergarment laying in the staircase. You will not find the conditions ANY better at the Motel6 next door.

Room Tip: Do not let the large amount of cameras lull you into a false sense of security.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Viera, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

When we checked in the lobby was the first sign that this was a GHETTO hotel. We checked into our room, and the beds were not made and the sheets and covers smelled funny. The next morning we had to wait for two hours while they washed the same sheets and put them back on the beds. The people next door to us were terribly loud who I thought were going to come through the wall, it creeped me out. It sits right in between a motel 6 and the highway. It is definitely not the best place to stay. They also have cameras of the parking lot and the hallways. I would not recommend coming in late by yourself. The chair at the desk is so gross because it had stains all over it. I did not get much sleep at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor although it is the smoking floor...The third floor is loud, wild and rowdy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
roseville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The lady at the friont desk was nice.The surrounding were scarry. They had camera surveillance . The lobby ceiling had a large hole with some material hanging out.We wanted to check out the room before we purchased it .We did not find bugs. It looked some what clean. My socks did not turn black from walking on the floor.We spent the night there because it was late at night. I would not stay there again.Their breakfast was coffee , orange juice, tea, small donuts.I was awakened several times from noisy guests in the hall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodridge, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

we decided to stay here for a wedding after all hotels in the area were booked. little did i know how much of a BAD mistake this was. after walking in and booking two rooms, we left for the wedding. had a wonderful time there, however returned to our room after the reception to find the cover of the a/c unit on the floor. figured it was no big deal since it was looking like it was going to fall anyway. after going out to get a late night bite to eat, we returned to our room to go to sleep. I brought an Ipod and speaker dock to listen to while sleeping and to my horror, IT WAS GONE!! It seemed that someone with a keycard (we were only issued one that i had on me at all times) went into my room unauthorized, and STOLE my Ipod! the attendants (genuinely concerned of course) called the cops who showed up and filed a report. Doubtful I will see it again and now am in the process of going through red tape to try to recoup whatever i can. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR POSSESSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I wish I had read previous reviews before checking in. I had just exited the highway and saw a sign with a great price including free wifi and continental breakfast. I walked into the room and pulled out the chair at the desk area to sit down. It was not just stained, but had hardened fluids on it. It was disgusting. I complained to the desk clerk and it was swapped out. I then went to turn on the TV and had to again contact the desk clerk to get a remote. When I turned on the TV it was like watching a black and white TV, only it was blue and red. It is a good thing that the wifi worked for entertainment. In the morning I went to have the continental breakfast. That consisted of juice, coffee and one variety of mini donuts.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

We thought we had found a pretty good hotel since afterall they tell you they have a indoor pool, exercise room, wifi and jacuzzi...not to mention the remodeled rooms..
Well, in our "remodeled" room the a/c gave us problems the entire time we were there. The floor stayed SOAKED from the a/c and it would cut off and wouldnt come back on. We complained about this many times but no one ever came to fix it.
second, the hotel is extremely noisy. You hear doors slamming all night and people screaming. One day we walked out of the balcony and saw two people in the back of the parking lot having sex in a vehicle. Not exactly what id want my kid exposed to.The sliding doors to the blaconies dont lock. they have a broom handle holding them shut. The halls were extremely hot and smelled really bad.

We actually stayed in one that they claimed to be remodeled but were shown a room in the back that wasnt. The rooms in the back were disguisting. the curtains were falling off the walls, it was just unbelieveable that theyd let people sleep in those conditions.

Next topic, the "liesure area". Isnt a indoor pool supposed to be heated? this pool was FREEZING cold...we got in once and got right out because it was way to cold. The jacuzzi was roped off because they never finished it. The exercise room was locked and looked extremely runned down. The wifi interent NEVER worked. my computer (or our friends) never even picked up any wifi internet at the hotel.

Many mornings room service would come at 7-8 in the morning! thats extremely early.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

My experience was horrible. The hotel clerk who checked me into the hotel made promises that were never kept during my stay. Woke up to loud noises at about 2am from the guests in the next room. Among other noises, the TV was so loud you could hear every word in the beds in my room. You could hear every word even in the bathroom with the door closed. Multiple calls to the front desk did nothing. I was told I could move, but they could not make the guests in the other room move as they were paying guests. So was I, but obviosly that wasn't important to the hotel!! I guess that the other guest's money was more important than mine. Absolutely horrible!! Our room was to be a non-smoking room due to severe allergies, but smoke came in under the doors from the rest of the hotel. The breakfast offered is far lacking compared to competing hotels. I would absolutely never stay at this hotel again even if it was free!! What good is paying for a night's stay when you are awaken less than halfway through the night and never are able to go back to sleep due to noise from other rooms? My advice keep driving past this hotel as it is not a good value at any price!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Sleepless night due to noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Inn Express? Share your experiences!